Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Breastfeeding is a relic from the past where it should remain.

We are in the year 2015 so I do not understand why the Human race still chooses to participate in this animalistic and demeaning ritual, subjecting both children and new mothers undue stress.

Do you think we'll ever completely abandon breastfeeding for Formula? Those that tout that breastfeeding helps reinforce mother-newborn bond at that early stage are overreaching as I have never been breastfed yet I have a great relationship with my mother.

There's also something misandrist about the whole thing (or misogynitic) depends on how you look at it on one-hand a woman may be pressured by the father, in-laws or her own mum to breastfeed when she doesn't want to and on the other hand overbearing new mothers may steal precious bonding time from the father who could've done the same job with a warm bottle.

Either way I think society should turn it's back on this barbaric feeding ritual because it has no place in our future.

Deleted
    Breastfeeding is better than formula, it helps build up the immune system, among other beneficial things. It also helps with bonding between child and mother.

7+ Year Old Account
    such troll, very wow.

naught/some points

Deleted
    Guess you werent breastfeed as baby, see the consequences now.

The benefits seem to outweigh your 'opinions'.

Breastfeeding provides:
    Enhancement of your bond with your baby
    Protection for your baby against many common health problems, such as:
    - Middle-ear infections
    - Gastrointestinal infections
    - Urinary infections
    - Respiratory infections and asthma
    - Some childhood cancers
    - Diarrhoeal diseases
    - Juvenile diabetes
    - Childhood obesity
    - Allergies
    - Eczema
    - Sudden unexplained death in infants (SUDI) which includes sudden unexpected death in infants (SIDS)
    Health benefits for you, such as reducing the risk of breast cancer, ovarian cancer and osteoporosis, and a quicker return of your uterus to its pre-pregnancy size
    Cost benefits
    Convenience and accessibility.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyari View Post
    Breastfeeding is better than formula, it helps build up the immune system, among other beneficial things. It also helps with bonding between child and mother.
    This is partially true however the data is not as conclusive as you would have me believe. Also there's plenty of children that are raised on formula or weened off the breast as soon as 6 weeks who become healthy and thriving toddlers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people don't wait until they have a thousand posts to make troll threads.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    This is partially true however the data is not as conclusive as you would have me believe. Also there's plenty of children that are raised on formula or weened off the breast as soon as 6 weeks who become healthy and thriving toddlers.
    It's better than formula. So what if there's children who are raised on formula? That doesn't change the fact that breastfeeding is more beneficial than formula.

Deleted
    What is this, the new anti-vaxxer fad?

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Guess you werent breastfeed as baby, see the consequences now.
    You're right I was not breastfed as a baby. I couldn't look at my mother the same way had I known she breastfed me. Also my mother had other obligations and she understood that Formula did it's job. In fact many breastfeeding mothers use both formula and natural milk so there you have it your argument crumbled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyari View Post
    It's better than formula. So what if there's children who are raised on formula? That doesn't change the fact that breastfeeding is more beneficial than formula.
    Oh here we go "The breast is best" crew has rolled in. In first world countries, Breastfeeding is not a first priority in other words it's not important! The claims about the benefits of breastfeeding are dubious and the scientific evidence is weak and more than likely confounding. You're doing women a disservice by overstating the benefits of this animalistic feeding habit that is no longer compatible with our lifestyles. All things being equal breastfeeding may be best but then all things equal having perfect skin is best and having 20/20 vision is best, too.

We've become a society that is overly concerned with eliminating risk and obsessed with putting undue strain on ourselves because we IGNORE hard truths while hanging on the notion that anything natural beats artificial or enhanced products. Hard truths like the fact that research into breastfeeding is methodologically flawed as the groups are self-selecting in the clinical trials so there's no chance of going randomised. Not to mention that the women who go into these studies have made a commitment to go that extra step since they're breastfeeding so their homes will be cleaner; their children will be under a magnifying glass because they're obsessed with the idea of giving the best to their child. And what you get at the end is not so black and white the results you tout are not as scientifically sound as you made them out to be. In other words you're fear mongering new mothers into partaking in something that they shouldn't really have to nor be ashamed to admit to.

I understand that breastfeeding may be the best choice in a third world country since it's free milk 24/7, however, I think in our own developed society it has no place in the future.
    Last edited by Shinra1; 2015-02-14 at 11:00 PM.

Deleted
    Troll me, father, for I have sinned.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that breastfeeding may be the best choice in a third world country since it's free milk 24/7, however, I think in our own developed society it has no place in the future.
    Shots fired!

Do you think we'll ever completely abandon breastfeeding for Formula? Those that tout that breastfeeding helps reinforce mother-newborn bond at that early stage are overreaching as I have never been breastfed yet I have a great relationship with my mother.
    That says it all doesn't it ... scientific proof right there. No need to go beyond that ... after all, you had great relationship with your mother. How can somebody not build an argument about breast feeding from that.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    This can't be serious...

Quote Originally Posted by Derpasaurus Rex View Post
    I'm not anti vaccine. What on earth...

Deleted
    How about we let people do what they want with their breast milk (within legal parameters) and also feed their children/babies what they want (within legal parameters)?

10+ Year Old Account
    We are in the year 2015 so I do not understand why the Human race still chooses to participate in this animalistic and demeaning ritual, subjecting both children and new mothers undue stress.

There's also something misandrist about the whole thing (or misogynitic) depends on how you look at it on one-hand a woman may be pressured by the father, in-laws or her own mum to breastfeed when she doesn't want to and on the other hand overbearing new mothers may steal precious bonding time from the father who could've done the same job with a warm bottle.

Either way I think society should turn it's back on this barbaric feeding ritual because it has no place in our future.
    10/10 would monitor thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Well, its actually fairly conclusively proven that a lack of breastfeeding reduces IQ.

So yeah . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Derpasaurus Rex View Post
    Just Shinra

10+ Year Old Account
    priceless thread.....

I don't even know how to respond to such a detached from all logic claim.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Alton Brown once made cheese out of breast milk. He talks about it in his live show. I would put that in a burrito