Deleted

Garrison Resources

So i was hitting lvl 100 on my priest the other day and since i used xp pots alot i ended up just by having 500 ish Garrison Resources..And i need 2k to build lvl 3 garrison. So how do i get 1300 that i need quickest? Since i could quest but idk what quests gives resources and getting thoose 30 every 4 hr in trading post would mean 10 ish days..
    Idk how much you could get of rares?
    And is there someway i can see where there is quests that gives me resources?

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrison resources drop in availability at 100. Level 3 garrison cost is like a punch in the face the way they shower you with resources leveling. Just wait for them to accumulate, hunt out rares and vignettes, and hope it doesn't take too long.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

You should get Aviana's Feather and farm Nagrand for blue rares and garrison resources. Buy some gliders as well and you can get to most places really easily.
    Otherwise a trading post or lumber mill might be worth getting if you're lazy.

Get Trading post and you'll get about 150-200 or so resources a day. Also get Handy Notes, go to Gorground and open all the treasures to the tune of about 20 resources each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezmor View Post
    You should get Aviana's Feather and farm Nagrand for blue rares and garrison resources. Buy some gliders as well and you can get to most places really easily.
    Otherwise a trading post or lumber mill might be worth getting if you're lazy.
    But you need Inn for feather, which costs GR in the first place...
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    But you need Inn for feather, which costs GR in the first place...
    And if you're in a position where you need GR, you want the L2 inn anyway to recruit a couple scavengers. The scavenger you recruit will pay back your inn cost in a week.

I wouldn't worry about getting it quickly. Do as others said. Try to hit up garrison resource missions(they dont cost resources to start). Hunt rares / treasures you missed. Trade post. Things like that. I used to buy resources in spires of arak with the smugglers run, but Jerk(wish i could call them more), Ruined that. It was the absolute best way to have resources for max level.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    Stables gives daily quests for first 5-8 days. Think it was 180 GR per day. Not bad investment and it gives mounts at end as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Stables gives daily quests for first 5-8 days. Think it was 180 GR per day. Not bad investment and it gives mounts at end as well.
    Actually yeah, that's a lot of GR from the dailies from one building.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aumi View Post
    So i was hitting lvl 100 on my priest the other day and since i used xp pots alot i ended up just by having 500 ish Garrison Resources..
    Here's your problem. You choose to use your GR for XP pots instead of saving them for the garrison upgrades. If this is your main, then you have a long grind to get the GR needed back up there.

Your best investment now is to either go with Trading Post or Lumber Mill. Yes lumber mill only provides 20 GR per work order (compared to the 30 you get from the Trading Post), but you're not at the mercy of the random raw mat that the trading post wants.

Stables provide quite a few daily quests that do provide GR but it tapers off once you've finished their training quests.

The Inn (at lv 2) can provide you with scavenger trait followers which current give excellent yields on GR missions. BUT then you also need to spend time and resources to get your followers up to level and equipped for those specific missions.

Hunting rares in the world, doing garrison invasions, and finding treasures will be the only other option you have.

Next time, maybe DON'T use xp pots since they use up precious GR.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why you first unlock garrison on all your alts and collect the GR pile every 3-4 days. By the time you decide to get 100 you will have 10k GR on most of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't see it mentioned so one of the best GR sources I found for when in a pinch are the three or so wanted: quests from your spires outpost. there's also a few biggies in shadowmoon if you haven't already done them but probably have. there's the elek tusks quests right down the path from your garrison, there's the kill an elite ancient tree quest from your board there in the garrison and then that one quest that sens you out to find your missing garrison workers rewards a fair number of GR. then do all the rares and garrison resource treasures you can find using the handynotes wod treasures add-on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Either hunt treasures and then build trade post or a wait a couple of days and ofc keep an eye for missions that give GR. The aftershock from dinging 100 is a classic for most players however you will soon have far more resources than you need.
    Far more than needed???? I'm constantly GR starved.. Especially when you flip the Tavern every two weeks, your GRs are fast depleted...

....and I have farmed all of Dranor for GR caches.. I have the 200 treasures achievement to prove it...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Far more than needed???? I'm constantly GR starved.. Especially when you flip the Tavern every two weeks, your GRs are fast depleted...

....and I have farmed all of Dranor for GR caches.. I have the 200 treasures achievement to prove it...
    3+ x scavenger followers. One of the missions with 3x scavengers on it at once will net about 1200 resources alone and you get that about once a week and another 1-2 worth 600-800 odd. Add in another dozen or so of the low level ones for 100'ish each and you get 1-2 per day.

My 3 toons now have more than I can use without changing buildings alot (I dont really see any need too either, I kept the Inn on 2 toons, but my other im using for different bonuses/achievements etc). Cant work out why your changing your Inn every 2 weeks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Cant work out why your changing your Inn every 2 weeks?
    Tuesday: Remove a building (Barn for me), Build tavern and upgrade to level 2, recruit follower.
    Wednesday: Recruit follower, remove tavern, rebuild previous building (Barn) and upgade it.
    Wait 13 days
    Repeat..

Very common practise...
    Substitute Monday/Tuesday on US server..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2015-02-17 at 08:36 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/