Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP is getting some pretty sarcastic and occasionally nasty comments on this thread. While this thread may be baiting, I'll bite nonetheless.

Such an addon on doesn't exist, and is probably against ToS, you could consider getting the hunter module for Spell Flash, that way he can learn what abilities to hit and when to execute a good rotation.

Jheez. Bit young for the MMO scene, isn't he? You can't control the people he comes into contact with.

Get him outside playing games with his real friends. That's the best thing for him.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be mean or anything... But theres an age restriction on this game.. So please. Dont.

7+ Year Old Account
    People get their children to farm for them? Hmm.. I need to level up my son so he can fish for me. Thanks for the tips, lads!

check out my hunter weak auras, click here

Quote Originally Posted by Kinazie View Post
    Two things.
    First, why dumb it down for him. One of the reasons I started playing wow was related to it not being a button mashing fest. There is no easy button in life.even though this is a video game, it is a opportunity to allow him to figure it out and tweek stuff to get a better outcome. I agree with previous post. Critical thinking and patients and learning how to learn are valuable life tools. Second, how do you feel about his game play when you play with him? Are you frustrated because he is not using the "proper rotation"? Did he level from level 1 or did he boost? Maybe teach him a simple 2 ability rotation. Then add a third button and so on.
    He's 7, I'm gonna guess he doesn't care about any of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Avedas View Post
    I don't see what's wrong with just showing your kid a guide and letting him figure it out for himself.
    Other than ruining the game for him?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    if your "son" managed to get to level 100 he should not have a problem playing this game the same way he has been 90-100. Why the sudden laziness?
    10 bucks says I can level 1 - 100 pressing only 2 buttons as a hunter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mashed94 View Post
    That's the best thing for him.
    lol you're going to tell a parent what is best for their child? What if his kid has porphyria and can't go outside?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    Not to be mean or anything... But theres an age restriction on this game.. So please. Dont.
    I think parental consent overrides that.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    throw him some data and let him analyze his rotation. Raise an engineer, not a monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Other than ruining the game for him?
    This is the real bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailthas View Post
    Please. My 6 year old just made it to 60 in between pet battles and going out of his way hunting down rares he finds on petopia and wowhead. Just putting the most necessary abilities on the first few keybinds is enough for anyone to level to max. It's raiding/dungeons he's not going to be able to do, but considering that's not what he wants to do, there's no reason to get anything to automatically do an optimal rotation. Just spamming 1-4 is enough to play BM and quest. I even let him jump on my hunter and he does my apexis dailies. There isn't much rocket science involved in just questing.
    If he can win pet battles, query a database-esque website, and use information from that website to get to a referenced place in-game, he has more than enough skill to learn "press this one button every time you can, and if it's not available, press these other two." The one button being Explosive shot, the other two being cobra shot and arcane shot.

Wow you guys have advanced gamer kids, my 6 year old just wants to fly on different color dragons and likes to run in low level zones turning bad guys into sheep and giggling maniacally.

All my Niece wants to do is dig for pots and name my pets...

/petattack
    /cast Cobra Shot

That would probably get him in the top 10 LFR dps....as bm. I mean hell take all the skills off his bar but arcane shot and cobra shot and he could probably make it through a LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are aware hunters are the gods of macros right? Just search hunter rotation macro and you'll be set. Can tell him to spam 1-2 buttons and he'll pull as much dps, if not more than other people.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I had a guildie whos kid would farm herbs for them. One even had their kid fish for them lol
    It's cheaper and less risky than paying for a Bot atleast

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    We used to have a pretty good 1 button macro as hunters but that went out the door when cata was released as you have to watch for aimed shot procs etc now. Just let him play and have fun it does not matter if he is shit or not, long as he is having fun and playing in moderation.

Pretty sure the people responding in this thread are the same losers posting on red pill about why they can't get vagina.

I'm fairly certain that there are advanced macros/scripts available out there that can usually do about 80% of simmed DPS in 1 button clicks - I think there was one posted a few weeks or so back about a guy that was developing one for Survival or MM - these are usually used to assist players with handicaps.

How about getting him to go rotate his legs outside on a bike. Seriously, I wish my parents would have pushed / forced me away from video games a child and sent me out to interact more with children my own age. Nothing against video games, but they should be the smallest fraction of entertainment for a child, not the main focus of it. At least until late teens when you have developed a good set of social skills and know how to act around people, instead of the massive influx of socially awkward / anxious / <insert new term here> that seems to be becoming such a widespread problem with youth these days

Quote Originally Posted by mashed94 View Post
    Jheez. Bit young for the MMO scene, isn't he? You can't control the people he comes into contact with.

Get him outside playing games with his real friends. That's the best thing for him.
    The authority on raising children ^^

Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    how about something outdoors, dont assist in making him into a gamer geek fatass no social life nerd. how about no soda till hes old enough to go out on his own, no junk food, NO FUCKING SUGAR and little salt, don't make him a statistic, dont train his body to want and crave shit, both mental and physical(gaming)
    Wow, so much hate. You don't know the op or the kid. Maybe they play once a weekend for a few hours, or something as a form of bonding time? Maybe during the week they play football/soccer, football, go running, go for hikes, etc in the evenings? Maybe the op is crippled (or the kid) and this is one in a limited number of items that can be used for bonding time?

As for the OP, there aren't really any macros that can "play the game for you" and you just keep pushing one button. There are add-ons that can give suggestions about which ability to use at a given time. You can find a number of them over at curse or some other WoW add-on database.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taragon85 View Post
    My 7 year old recently got his hunter to level 100. He is really interested in doing instances and raiding (YIKES.. maybe LFR). I'm looking for any kind of add on / macro that my son can basically push that will do his rotation for him? There are tons of ones that suggest what to do but he'd actually have to find and click each thing... Is there something that he can just pushes it for him and makes it easy? Thank you so much
    Just install "Ovale":
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/ovale

Quote Originally Posted by taragon85 View Post
    Not sure my wife would agree
    She does not need to know, better than wow for sure.

Not sure if this is a bait, if not, remove him from wow before his brain melt and give him a programming book, Python / Javascript / Lua.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.