Need Help on Kromog Heroic!

Hello guys,

My guild have wiped 24 times tonight on Kromog heroic. We had many problems but our biggest issue is the huge dmg the raid is taking, especially right after players are freed from the hands. We tryed having 6-7 healers in a 22 man raid wich is alot of healing. Yet the raid kept dieing.

Below are the logs from that raid. What are we doing wrong?
    Also I am the Ret Paladin Miyaka, anything I can do to improve in that fight?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7Vc2HxYmfhKQJMtv

Thank you!

The key to kromog is to not panic. Your raid will be low most of the fight, but its all in waves!
    Breath -> pause -> slam -> pause -> etc. You just need to be quick and get your raid up before the next ability hits! We saved our healing cds for the breaths after the grasping since alot of players will be around 50-60% at this time.
    And also , make sure you stay max range when he slams, since the closer you are the more damage the slam deals , it also makes it much easier to dodge the sonic waves! Also ranged can stack loosely around the entrance of the room for smoother aoe healing.

My guild are 5 healing the fight in a ~25 man group.
    Last edited by Neoi; 2015-02-16 at 12:44 AM.

Looking at your logs, the healing output seems to be the issue, as you might expect from a fight with as much consistent raid damage as H Kromog. The druid is fine, but your other raid healers in a group that size should be able to pull 40k+. The paladin and Disc priest are fine as they look like they're designated tank healers, but as a raid healer, those numbers need to go up. The holy priest seems to be using an unusual number of binding heals. There should really be no reason to use binding on a fight like this. Sanctuary chakra - renew - CoH on CD, PoM on CD, cascade should be most of your healing outside CDs. If someone is in immediate danger of death, flash heal, binding isn't strong enough to prevent much, its only use really is for cheap serendipity stacks (which you don't need here anyway) and for refreshing renews in serenity chakra (which also is not needed here).

By far the most important thing with this fight (assuming people aren't routinely getting hit with reverbs, close proximity smashes, etc) is how you organize your healing CDs. It looks like your raid has 2 hymns, 2 healing tides and a tranq. You should be rotating these for basically every stone breath that happens in the fight. You can disregard the first one if needed, as nothing else is really going on but after that, you should be able to cycle through those CDs. Use a devo aura, or a PW barrier for any breaths you don't have a big CD for just to keep people from dying. Keep in mind too that low dps on hand phases also causes a large strain on the healers because of the increasing damage everyone takes.

- - - Updated - - -

Should also note that your raid as a whole is taking waaaay too much damage from reverberations. Ranged basically have 0 excuse for getting hit by that unless you have a larger issue of someone still being in a hand when the reverbs show up. Melee you can give a little leeway because they have a much shorter time period to react, but you have people in your raid getting hit 30+ times over the course of that log. That's averaging more than 1 reverb hit per wipe. Keeping up with the unavoidable and predictable raid damage on the boss is a tough enough task, so when you have that much extra damage, you're likely not going to see a kill.
    It's also hard to tell from the logs, but your melee should be trying to help reduce their damage taken on slams by getting away from the boss, since its damage is proximity based.

Deleted
    Hey!
    Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I've got a quick question as well in regards to this fight.
    We were having issues with tank deaths, and as far as I can gather it's not related to slam, but rather a combination of auto-attack and Fist of Stone, the tanks just insta-drop.
    Any tips on how to deal with this particular issue? (Do note that i'm aware that general damage taken is rather high, it's our first night of progress, this seemed to be one of the larger issues however)
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kmT6AJ8YR9C3WpHx

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    Hey!
    Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I've got a quick question as well in regards to this fight.
    We were having issues with tank deaths, and as far as I can gather it's not related to slam, but rather a combination of auto-attack and Fist of Stone, the tanks just insta-drop.
    Any tips on how to deal with this particular issue? (Do note that i'm aware that general damage taken is rather high, it's our first night of progress, this seemed to be one of the larger issues however)
    First, obvious, question is: Do your tanks remain within 15 yards of eachother throughout the fight (not counting grasping earth)? If not, Fists of Stone would be the main issue as the damage is split between 2 targets in it's radius. If there's only 1 person within the "impact zone", he will take the full portion of the damage, which will result in death if that tank is not prepared for it.

Quickly looking through your logs for deaths shows me that, most of the time, one of your tanks simply dies due to Fists of Stone or other (avoidable) damage.. Which either means they are not stacking properly, not using their active mitigation properly, or there is a healing issue as Warped Armor seems to be being managed properly, which negates that being the problem in terms of extra damage taken.
    Last edited by Eronath; 2015-02-16 at 04:28 AM.

Deleted
    Hello there. Better hijack this thread too than making a new one, aight ?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GMqhj6xDKnZ1RbQp

This is arguably our best try on Kromog, and I think we're simply not outputting enough heal to keep the raid up and running (Shaman's early death probably didn't help though ...) but I wonder if there isn't another problem regarding the damage our tank drood takes all along the fight, specifically in bursts ? It takes a lot of our healer's attention to keep him up, including myself (I'm the hpal) being assigned on the tanks, while it feels like our prot pal doesn't take nearly as much damage spikes. As I'm only a backup healer in our group, I don't know if this is relative to the fight mechanics / drood health management / poor cd usage or whatever, so i'd like some imput on this.

(Oh, and if a hpal passes by, I'd like some imput too if you see some blatant fault in my gameplay )

Thanks a bunch.

Ya'all need to make your own thread, this is mine!!1111

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    Hey!
    We found that using three tanks makes it incredibly easier for the healers. With two tanks we barely got below 50% and just by adding 1 tank (keeping the rest of the raid the same) we got some 2-5% wipes (with 20) people, before going down to 14 and killing him (still with 3 tanks). You're cheesing the fight effectively, but it might be worth it for morale reasons.

That said, at 11 people it might not be feasible.

So when my raid group was doing this on heroic we kept having our monk tank insta die, we noticed our druid tank, though on top of the monk, was not counting when he was dodging. We remedied this by simply putting our DK sub-tank in the mix and killed it first shot trying it this way with zero tank deaths. It was 4 healed with 20 people, so I'm also for the 3 tank method.

Make sure tanks are standing on top of each other at max range and no where near the melee. Then make sure they are running out and back in for the slams. They need a cd with 2+ stacks of the debuff.

Tanks I have experience with:
    DK: rune tap and a small speed boost
    Monk: Guard, roll, Trancendance, stagger
    Warrior: Max barrier, leap, charge

Deleted
    Welp, we killed it.
    Our problem was with our defensive cooldown rotation mainly, we stepped it up a notch and all this heal we didn't have to do went to fix our mistakes.
    I really reccomend popping your biggest CDs when the boss casts 2 heavy hitting abilities in a row : slam / breath or grasping / w/e.

Make sure to use a raid CD for every Stone Breath and try to keep attenuate damage minimal. You should be okay if you can manage those few things.