Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Angry People Stop Burning Trash

It's disgusting and a serious threat to the atmosphere and our lungs! So knock if off!

Stop driving gas-powered cars first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    It's disgusting and a serious threat to the atmosphere and our lungs! So knock if off!
    Tell that to the people who live in areas where there is no trash pick-up service available and the only two options are either loading all the trash up and taking it to a landfill, or burning it.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Yeah let that rubbish pile up instead. Much better for the environment!

You should probably be living off the grid with a composting toilet before demanding such things.

Global warming is a myth. There's no real evidence to suggest that global warming is a thing. Don't even try replying with "well lot's of studies by scientists have proven that..." without actually citing a real study. Look at the freaking snow in the North-East ffs. The world is not warming, and burning garbage won't do anything but make the place smell for a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Do you live off the land?
    Yep, well... not always, but I'm a person of nature.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is legal to burn trash like plastics, styrofoam and other such materials in your garden?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Yep, well... not always, but I'm a person of nature.
    Yeah says the guy posting on a forum using the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderjac View Post
    Global warming is a myth. There's no real evidence to suggest that global warming is a thing. Don't even try replying with "well lot's of studies by scientists have proven that..." without actually citing a real study. Look at the freaking snow in the North-East ffs. The world is not warming, and burning garbage won't do anything but make the place smell for a little bit.
    Global warming isn't a myth, however it is misinterpreted. Again, I'm not saying it's even causing global warming, but it's affected the sky. I mean look at many industrial parts of China.

Also, watch this video please:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yeah says the guy posting on a forum using the internet.
    And the internet affects nature.... how?

And the internet affects nature.... how?
    You have no idea what's going on do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    the only myth here is that post you just made.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You have no idea what's going on do you?
    You know what I don't even care about this that much. If you want your descendants to live to see a gray sky then that's on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    exactly who is this rant directed at?

- - - Updated - - -

You know what I don't even care about this that much. If you want your descendants to live to see a gray sky then that's on you.

that's caused by pollution from sources vastly more damaging than tiny little campfires.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you serious?????????? ROFLMAO....

Did you pay any attention in school?
    Let's refresh the basics of chemistry, shall we?

So now..... what do you get when the ocean gets warmer? More evaporation.....
    What is the result of more evaporation?
    More precipitation..

Now why do you think we have so much snow?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    People burn rubbish in their gardens?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    People burn rubbish in their gardens?
    Burning yard waste is perfectly legal within certain patterns of regulations.
    Certain times of the year.....Certain distance to the next property/buildings.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

You may want to put this in the Third World Country forum. You know...where the majority of people burn their trash since they have no "Sanitation Engineers" taking it to a landfill?

But allow me to gripe for a moment. Why do people act like the U.S. is the end all be all with the environment? We have several billion people on the planet and less than 400 million live in the U.S. yet when people talk about the environment (A GLOBAL ISSUE) they act like it is America's responsibility to cut it's pollution by 100% in order to fix everything.

Now excuse me while I drive my Hummer H2 to the store across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

Now why do you think we have so much snow?
    Not arguing against the overall point. I just want to say that it takes more than just more moisture in the air to create snow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    You may want to put this in the Third World Country forum. You know...where the majority of people burn their trash since they have no "Sanitation Engineers" taking it to a landfill?

But allow me to gripe for a moment. Why do people act like the U.S. is the end all be all with the environment? We have several billion people on the planet and less than 400 million live in the U.S. yet when people talk about the environment (A GLOBAL ISSUE) they act like it is America's responsibility to cut it's pollution by 100% in order to fix everything.

Now excuse me while I drive my Hummer H2 to the store across the street.

Not arguing against the overall point. I just want to say that it takes more than just more moisture in the air to create snow.
    1. when did he indicate it was solely directed at the u.s. ?
    2. why does your post read like it has some sort of axe to grind that has little to do with his post?
    3. congratulations not only is that a waste of gas it's actually healthier to walk across the street and would probably take less time not to mention cost less since it doesn't cost anything to walk.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    1. when did he indicate it was solely directed at the u.s. ?
    2. why does your post read like it has some sort of axe to grind that has little to do with his post?
    3. congratulations not only is that a waste of gas it's actually healthier to walk across the street and would probably take less time not to mention cost less since it doesn't cost anything to walk.
    Are you the same BiF from the WoW forums? if so, HI!!!!!

1: He didn't specifically mention it, but what kind of world would we live in if someone has to state out exactly what they mean, who it is directed to, and make every post into a 3000 word court ready contract? he didn't specifically say it was a U.S. only issue, but the current trend when it comes to pollution is directing all complaints and efforts towards the West. the U.S. being a major party.

2:It actually is still on point. You may feel like I have an axe to grind and that is fine, but it doesn't mean my post is not on topic.

Burning trash is not really a big issue in western countries but in places like Iraq, Somalia etc it is quite normal. Everyone goes out near the end of the day and burns their trash in their yards. So if the goal is to compel people to not burn trash for the environment, OP should definitely look into forums where denizens of those countries frequent. otherwise he/she is doing the equivalent of liking a facebook page and feeling like they helped stop KONY.

3:I like my car though. And I am healthy enough.