Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why is it that all debates on global warming are conducted between 2 fools.

On one side we have some suitably crumpled environmentalist yelling that we are all going to die!! On the other side some corporate mouth piece letting us know that industrial smog is actually good for you.

Yes, it is getting warmer but no, not that much warmer. Most predictions were off by a mile but it is still slowly climbing. Can we please stop being either alarmist or slapdash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Burning yard waste is perfectly legal within certain patterns of regulations.
    Certain times of the year.....Certain distance to the next property/buildings.
    Yea leaves, branches etc but OP mention trash, how about well if we presume it include household garbage.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

If you want to see a global warming alarmist who wears "pro-science" like a badge of honor turn into a science-denier at LIGHTNING speed, start talking about the future of solar power. They will start to refute all the scientific studies that show solar power becoming super cheap and highly efficient over the next two decades. They will claim its all bunk, that its junk science.

Well, they HAVE to, or else they have to admit global warming isn't gonna happen....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    But, global warming alarmists want to deny THAT science. For global warming alarmists to have a case, the technological advances in solar power MUST NOT EXIST. Solar power must be a LIE. Even though, we can CLEARLY and SCIENTIFICALLY project where solar power is going in the next 2 decades, we IGNORE that science. We ignore that because if THAT science is TRUE (and it most DEFINITELY IS), then GLOBAL WARMING IS A LIE.
    climate change is happening, the planet is getting warmer. advancing technology has the potential to mitigate it or even somehow suck billions of tons of carbon out of the air. but it makes no sense to say: "climate change is a complete lie when we can theoretically solve the problem!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweden makes deals with trash! we sell it to others who use it in heating plants. getting rid of trash while gaining heat / power.
    I belive we even sold some shit to Norway to according to some trash transfering truckers i talked to.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post
    Sweden makes deals with trash! we sell it to others who use it in heating plants. getting rid of trash while gaining heat / power.
    I belive we even sold some shit to Norway to according to some trash transfering truckers i talked to.
    Sweden import trash from other countries, not exporting.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yea leaves, branches etc but OP mention trash, how about well if we presume it include household garbage.
    You can burn household garbage too...... For obvious reasons you don't burn plastics tho...

But yard waste is a pretty lose term.. Regulations vary by county tho..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You can burn household garbage too...... For obvious reasons you don't burn plastics tho...

But yard waste is a pretty lose term.. Regulations vary by county tho..
    I figured it is illegal to burn non-organic materials in alot of countries all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweden import trash from other countries, not exporting.
    I do belive we do both tbh, i shall check up on it tommorow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post
    I do belive we do both tbh, i shall check up on it tommorow.
    Might be some export but a quick google only mention that we import. Pretty sweet deal, we got a very solid recycling basis and facilities and some do not.
    Only shady shit is that it is a dirty sector of trade within EU as well. There are strict legislation on the are but it is so lucrative so there are frightening examples too.
    THe ammount of heavy metal shit that is sent to Africa still is scary, the mafffia pretty much singlehandidly fucked up entire cities and regions in Italy etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    The PEAK OIL alarmists actually made the EXACT SAME ERROR that the global warming alarmists are currently making.
    No.... and that's where you fail miserably....
    The peak oil theory was NEVER consensual within the science community. For the reason that it relied on a way too narrow assumption.
    Too many other aspects were there to influence the theory.
    On that note..... we haven't reached the peak yet. But the theory was flawed to begin with.
    There's simply a difference between a few scientists creating a theory, which is the case with the peak oil theory....
    and the overwhelming body of all scientists agreeing to scientific truth, which is established with climate change..

Learn the difference of the both..And learn how science operates...
    Here.... have someone of competency explain it to you in ways, a third grader can understand.

- - - Updated - - -

I figured it is illegal to burn non-organic materials in alot of countries all together.
    Buddy, we're in the US.. An Eco-Diaspora
    You can burn anything that isn't special waste like plastic, paints etc..
    Hell, no one would bat an eye when you use gasoline to get the yard fire started.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderjac View Post
    Global warming is a myth. There's no real evidence to suggest that global warming is a thing. Don't even try replying with "well lot's of studies by scientists have proven that..." without actually citing a real study. Look at the freaking snow in the North-East ffs. The world is not warming, and burning garbage won't do anything but make the place smell for a little bit.
    s

Hm, I guess the Poles are just melting for the fun of it then.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    s

Hm, I guess the Poles are just melting for the fun of it then.
    greenland going from sub continent to string of islands MIGHT catch peoples attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    greenland going from sub continent to string of islands MIGHT catch peoples attention.
    Yeah a climate change is going right now. at my place we usually get really good long winters with loads of snow.
    I live next to a gas station that all snowmobilers use in winter and there is usually like 100+ stopping by te refill each day and least winter it was so shitty only 10 ppl stopped by the whole winter! this winter is a little better with aprox 20 - 30 each day but the glory days is surely gone, march is end of season here nowdays and i have even been out on lakes fishing in early may years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderjac View Post
    Global warming is a myth. There's no real evidence to suggest that global warming is a thing. Don't even try replying with "well lot's of studies by scientists have proven that..." without actually citing a real study. Look at the freaking snow in the North-East ffs. The world is not warming, and burning garbage won't do anything but make the place smell for a little bit.
    It snowed once, clearly global warming is a lie.

let me sum this thread up: blah blah blah blah blah blah people from phoenix are phonecians blah blah blah the president is black blah blah third world blah blah blah

There are far more worse problems you should worry about. The amount of people burning trash in their backyards are toothpicks in a forest.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Burning trash turned me into a pretty good amateur fire fighter as a kid. We caught our pasture on fire 3 times and it jumped the road to the neighbor's pasture twice, 10+ acre grass fires don't hurt the environment do they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning trash, I hate the assholes whole toss their lit up cigarettes into trash cans, especially public bins.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are far worse things that people burn than trash that impact the environment, but hey, keep being outraged about a non problem.

That and complaining about the few that burns trash themselves are a storm in a glass of water.
    Last edited by zealo; 2015-02-15 at 10:24 PM.