Thread: Sick of Itunes

Sick of Itunes

For various reasons, I'm finally done with Itunes. I have an Iphone that I can't get rid of for a while so I need a piece of Software to add songs to my phone, preferably something with the same utility as Itunes, but faster, better and not a piece of shit.

Any recommendations?

I used Media Monkey with acceptable results for a bit. It's pretty decent for organizing files too.

You can buy songs from iTunes store directly to your phone. Or you can just make an app of MP3/4 files like I do. But you still need iTunes to get the app on your phone. Unless you think Apple screening team will let you beta test the apps and you can download the app from Test Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You can buy songs from iTunes store directly to your phone. Or you can just make an app of MP3/4 files like I do. But you still need iTunes to get the app on your phone. Unless you think Apple screening team will let you beta test the apps and you can download the app from Test Flight.
    I really just want something to let me put my songs on my Iphone without using Itunes.

I only have a 16 GB iPhone 5s and like 4 GB is taken by OS and other bullshit so I don't really have the luxury of keeping songs on the phone all the time. I kind of just use iTunes Radio and youtube app. I do have an app with like 500 MB of music that I manually edit but meh my tastes change a lot.

I wonder what would happen if you just drag MP3/4 files into iPhone folder (from Windows/Mac desktop screen).

I only have a 16 GB iPhone 5s and like 4 GB is taken by OS and other bullshit so I don't really have the luxury of keeping songs on the phone all the time. I kind of just use iTunes Radio and youtube app. I do have an app with like 500 MB of music that I manually edit but meh my tastes change a lot.

I wonder what would happen if you just drag MP3/4 files into iPhone folder (from Windows/Mac desktop screen).
    Well, what happened was I was just adding songs onto Itunes when my Computer crashed, upon reboot it had wiped my Itunes library completely clean and every itunes file I had. All completely damn gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you not drag and drop files to an iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Can you not drag and drop files to an iphone?
    Not without jailbreaking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Android Master Race?

The Google Play Music service is available on iOS and Android. It allows one to upload their MP3 library to the Google Play Music cloud and stream those music files anywhere/anytime as long as there is an internet connection.

It is a free service.

And totally awesome; I use it on my Android phones, iPad, Chromebook, Windows Laptop & Desktop, iMac. iPod and iPhone.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-02-15 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted
    I also hate iTunes, i suffered a lot while having an iPhone and i jailbreaked it and did any kind of things to avoid iTunes. I think the best way to avoid it, if it is only for synchronizing music, is using the program CopyTrans. I don't know if it works the same nowadays, when i used it worked perfectly for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The Google Play Music service is available on iOS and Android. It allows one to upload their MP3 library to the Google Play Music cloud and stream those music files anywhere/anytime as long as there is an internet connection.

It is a free service.

And totally awesome; I use it on my Android phones, iPad, Chromebook, Windows Laptop & Desktop, iMac. iPod and iPhone.
    And chews through your data limit. Nice try though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I have unlimited 4G LTE data. Mileage may vary depending on personal limitations.

The service is still fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by LokoKun View Post
    Well, what happened was I was just adding songs onto Itunes when my Computer crashed, upon reboot it had wiped my Itunes library completely clean and every itunes file I had. All completely damn gone.
    Really? Did you try logging into your Apple account on iTunes on your computer? Because iCloud syncs shit if you use it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    yea streaming services are nice but unless you have wifi kiss your gigs goodbye.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Did you try logging into your Apple account on iTunes on your computer? Because iCloud syncs shit if you use it correctly.

they should keep track and let you reserve songs you bought through iTunes if I'm not mistaken. if you downloaded it I'm not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Not without jailbreaking it.
    christ that's awful. No memory card slot and locked to itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by LokoKun View Post
    I really just want something to let me put my songs on my Iphone without using Itunes.
    I buy music from Amazon, and you can just download to your iPhone from their app.