Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Iron maidens, what were they thinking?

This boss fight is waaaaaay too long. Does anyone actually like boss fights that are like what, 10-15 min long? When it's the same mechanics all the way through

Deleted
    No, I do not like them. It's like Imperator trash. It's too long for no reason.

Because fights on normal mode are what this game is about duh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Because fights on normal mode are what this game is about duh!!!
    How is that even relevant? It's the same on HC and I don't know why it would be much different on mythic, and why would blizzard intentionally make normal/HC fights a bore fest if they want more people to get into raiding?

10+ Year Old Account
    some fights are long, just the way it is. they will become shorter as people get better gear. just the way it is. each raid seems to have at least one fight like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    some fights are long, just the way it is. they will become shorter as people get better gear. just the way it is. each raid seems to have at least one fight like this.
    Already 2 in this tier doe.
    Anyway, I just hate all the movement.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

The issue I have with its length is the beginning is basically irrelevant (at least on normal/heroic, idk about mythic ofc) because mechanics are only added at the end. While arguably that adds slightly to the difficulty (less time to learn sub 20% mechanics), it does make the other 80% just feel meaningless.

At least normal/heroic Impregnator had 3 distinct phases, yes the last one is the hardest, but at least the other phases offer different challenges. Same with Blast Furnace. Long fight but 3 distinct phases.

On the positive side, Blackhand is one of the few short end bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I don't like long fights, but I really like this one. A tad shorter would be better, but not as bad a Imp Mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Run to the hillls! Run for you liiiiife!

I love the mechanics on this fight, just wish that it could have been a 8-9 minute fight rather than a 12 minute fight. I haven't had that much fun in a while...it's even better when you can poke at your guildies for being bad :P

Deleted
    I love this encounter, sure it's a fairly long encounter to progress on to only keep wiping sub ~20% but its one of those encounters that every individual is tested and where that one death could mean the difference between a kill or a wipe. It's a relatively repetative encounter but I like ones that have a lot of mechanics to take on board. I've always thought Blizzard has done exceptionally well on council style bosses.

No a fan of fights this long where the fight really starts at 20%

10 minutes isn't too bad. Imperator was too long, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dean771 View Post
    No a fan of fights this long where the fight really starts at 20%
    Yeah, this is something I'd agree with. It's frustrating to battle falling asleep for the first 80% just to end up wiping.

Deleted
    Not a fan of long repetitive fights either. I don't mind if it has a lot of phases and different things happening, but when it's literally 6-8 minutes of 0 danger and 0 mechanics, then a mess at the end it's kind of annoying to progress on.

Deleted
    It's still a much better fight than 25h Paragons tbh. No complaints here.

Deleted
    Somewhere in time Iron Maidens weren't considered a long fight.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-02-15 at 11:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    It's still a much better fight than 25h Paragons tbh. No complaints here.
    I disagree, every Paragon had their own distinct abilities. Iron Maidens would be interesting if you did boats, but it just feels like Brackenspore otherwise, albeit a bit longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

The mechanics are not that difficult, at least on heroic so far. Don't know about mythic. However, boss fights should have some variety, and on occasion we should get an extra long one. Similar to how butcher was a bit short.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

I despised imperator but I really enjoyed iron maidens. Idk why, maybe because I'm melee and had no mechanics to do during imperator but with this I have stuff on the boats, blood ritual, turrets, rapid fire, piercing shot, ect.