Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I don't find losing fun. Sad to say we don't live in a world where your Hobgoblin Wisp deck or whatever is actually playable. The game is always going to be primarily built around net decks. Why not complain about Ramp, or Handlock, or Zoo or Miracle etc. etc. etc. ?
    I'm bouncing between rank 4-5 currently, and the reason I mention Mech Mage in particular is because I'm facing nothing but it every single game, as I have been for the entirety of the season. Hell my deck does so well because I tailored it specifically around countering Mech Mage, but that's not to say it's not frustrating to play against because you know everyone jumped on the bandwagon to try and get an unearned legend from it. It's also frustrating to lose against skillfull double Mechwarper openers.

I actually apologize, it's not you in particular, I'm just sick of facing Mech Mage all day every day :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ivytea View Post
    I am inclined to believe most incidents where a player adds you after a match - is only doing so to grief you or whine / troll
    Honestly, just don't bother accepting requests- it's a silly feature that belies it's intended purpose
    I get it all the time when I defeat my opponent by turn 4/5, or when I fatigue death them. I just ignore them all. Either it is to grief me, tell me I did a good job or get tips. Either way, I'm in no mood to deal with griefers, you can easily say well played if you think I played a good game, and I am not giving away my tips for success.

Deleted
    Sometimes I accept, sometimes I decline.

I'm more likely to accept an after game friend request from someone called PrettyFlower who emoted sparingly, used an interesting deck, and didn't BM than I am from someone called FaceFucker who played cancer hunter, emote spammed all game and then BMed until rope before a double kill command finish. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    When i'm pissed i just go with my face hunter deck doing a 10-0 wins streak calm down and go back to my main deck.
    Try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    When i'm pissed i just go with my face hunter deck doing a 10-0 wins streak calm down and go back to my main deck.
    Try it.
    You just inspired me to make the faciest face hunter ever.

In fact I'll play it with a personal rule: There is no target allowed except face (unless taunt ofc)

7+ Year Old Account
    Had them quite a few times when Forest+savage was pretty new. people saw that as Exploiting because clearly - such OPness couldnt be intentional. -_-

Deleted
    Yeah, a sad fact that most of those friend requests are just trolls. 95% of the time I just decline them, although sometime, when I'm feeling like enjoying a laugh I accept just to see what they can come up with.

Fortunately a few of them have become friends, but vast majority are there to grief. One even asked me for advice on playing priest and one wanted to know what was the best to get a golden portrait. So there are a few gems in the mix, just not very many of them.

Deleted
    I used to get them all the time playing Zoo back in it's prime, though the worst I got was playing Aggro Paladin, but that was mainly people telling me I was playing Paladin wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Yeah, I had same thing when I was hitting 1800 rating in 2v2 once. Guy re-logged to my realm to trash me because he lost the match.

But it is hilarious when you look at it like this "I will add a FRIEND and then tell him that he can [rudewords]".

Nice way to make "friends".
    The only time that every happened to me in WoW was before BGs were out I used to own this Alliance Paladin on my Tauren Warrior at SS/TM fights daily. I literally think half of my kills were him. One day I got a whisper from someone asking if I remember said Paladins name. It was him changing factions because he was sick of getting his ass stomped daily by me. He is still on my friends list and we still talk and do some cross realm stuff when we can.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've sent implied request a few times, but my intent is always benign, something along the lines of "you must have been keeping up your prayers to RNGesus" if they had a particularly epic draw that ultimately leads to victory.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I don't find losing fun. Sad to say we don't live in a world where your Hobgoblin Wisp deck or whatever is actually playable. The game is always going to be primarily built around net decks. Why not complain about Ramp, or Handlock, or Zoo or Miracle etc. etc. etc. ? The fun is in playing decks that actually work, and within them making the odd tweak here and there to see if you can build something even better. I've tried Mech Mage with Portal, with secrets, even put in soot spewer once for the spell damage. Let's stop with trying to make out that if you cobble together a deck out of garbage you're somehow morally superior.
    It's because it's a cancer deck. Everyone plays it and it takes a lot of fun out of the game to keep facing the same deck. Playing a deck like mech mage or zoo just kinda screams "I have zero skill at playing or deck building". It may not be the case, but that's exactly what I think when I face a mech mage. I never think at the end of the game "I had more/less skill than my opponent". Its always, "well I either drew or didn't draw what I needed to kill all the same crap they vomit onto the field every game"

As for friend requests, I've had some good ones and some bad ones. Either way, it makes my day. I either get a new friend or I get validation on my deck building skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only ever had 2 friend requests after games, i beat both of them and we just talked about our decks, i still talk to both of them about deck ideas and spectate them sometimes so its all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Deleted
    Did the opponent got thoroughly rekt? Check
    Did he spammed emotes before death? Check
    Did he sent friend request? Check

Three indicators of harassment incoming. I often get these when I crush those fotm mech mage and cancerhuntard decks with my custom zoo warlock and midrange priest decks. I tend to linger around rank 7-12, it's most fun in those ranks. People actually theorycraft with their decks there instead of farming gold/portraits on noobs with fotm decks (ranks 16-20) or trying to get legend with those tryhard netdecks (ranks 5+)

I really like auchenai circling perfect mechmage opener. Mechwarpers gone, clockworks gone, shredders gone, hand gone. All you got is 2 crappy two-drops on board and empty hand. Try to win now heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    it only happened to me once and it was for congratulating me. i returned the good gesture and then deleted him right after.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

It's sad that so many people abuse this friend request thing to harass or rage at their opponents, it really sucks as because of this exact type of behaviour, my opponents never accept my friend requests and all I want to do is congratulate them for the nice game and/or compliment their decks. Sometimes I want to ask for rematch but not out of grudge, just for fun.

Rage adds are absolutely the best. My regret is that I usually miss the friend invite and only accept the requests way later and they've forgotten who I am/I've forgotten who they are.

Deleted
    sometimes i try to add someone because i wanna say something like "nice game" and want a rematch so i can try and kick their ass

but they never accept :C

Happened to me today! I was on my control warrior and got put up against demon lock twice in a row (what are the odds? When I'm on my zoo I get nothing but hand...) - same guy. First time he beat me pretty handily, second time I had him down to 1HP but I think he topdecked lethal (sooooo many spell cards). I was yelling at the screen.

After the match I noticed he'd friend requested me. Only he was friendly about it and said "LOL you made me sweat in those last turns" or something, we got to talking about the game. So kind of like this thread only with a happy ending?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Happened to me today! I was on my control warrior and got put up against demon lock twice in a row (what are the odds? When I'm on my zoo I get nothing but hand...) - same guy. First time he beat me pretty handily, second time I had him down to 1HP but I think he topdecked lethal (sooooo many spell cards). I was yelling at the screen.

After the match I noticed he'd friend requested me. Only he was friendly about it and said "LOL you made me sweat in those last turns" or something, we got to talking about the game. So kind of like this thread only with a happy ending?
    i've had plenty of friend requests after games where the people are friendly and i play them every now and then. I'm not saying you shouldn't acce[t any request I'm just commenting on how people (usually hunters) get angry when they lose and try to vent on you as if by calling me ***** means they got revenge. I usually accept because their tears are like icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    This is actually why I don't always like the limited communication system in the game. It seems like people just assume the worst out of everything that you do.

Watch Reynad sometime for an example of someone that just takes EVERYTHING negatively.
    Entirely agree, I don't know if it's me being pessimistic or not, but I swear all the hero emotes sound sarcastic/patronising aswell.

Yesterday I was against a priest as Control Warrior, he plays a Ragnaros so I play a Sylvanas. Next turn he floods the board with like 5 more minions, presumably lowering my odds of Ragnaros hitting my Sylvanas and me getting Rag. He ends turn and the Rag hits my Sylvanas and I end up 1/6 stealing his Rag. I emote "sorry that happened" feeling genuinely bad for that probably deciding the outcome of the game and carrying on as normal. A few turns later he ends up drawing into his own Sylvanas, plays it and ends up stealing Rag back. "

Thank you.
    Greetings.
    My apologies.
    My apologies.
    Thank you.
    Greetings.
    My apologies.