Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone that is currently playing on a vanilla priv, yes I would definitely play on a blizzvanilla realm
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, What carries vanilla is the strength of nostalgia and that at the time - it was special, as for accual gameplay and mechanics and with experience- wouldnt even if you paid me :P

What's the selling point of vanilla exclusive servers?

Besides the cool/time machine/nostalgia factor, what else do vanilla servers have going for them?

Oh right, nothing, because there isn't any more content to add to vanilla. With the complaints of lack of content in WoD, this would actually make the complainers heads explode.

It wouldn't be able to last on its own content and merits.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Nothing, really not one single thing feels "epic" anymore. I quit before even entering a raid, so maybe everything happens there, but I want my whole experience to feel epic.
    I didn’t feel epic before I stepped into raids in vanilla, either.

OT: Hell no. I wouldn’t want to play on a vanilla realm. While I do have some fond memories, I’m glad it’s over and returning to that state would feel horrible IMO.

God no.
    I liked vanilla, but going back to that would be beyond terrible. Much rather have what we have now. I stay in this reality.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I'd love to give it a go. Although i'd be more interested in playing TBC.

No. I'd be down for a Vanilla-style expansion, though! With AQ 40 style raids.

minus the farming, resis gear and attunements, ofc

I played some on a vanilla private server. I only got to about level 20-something before I got bored tho. But I would definitely play on a Blizzard vanilla realm, though I'm not sure I'd make it to 60 before I'm bored again. But sometimes I'd definetly jump back in for awhile before getting bored and leaving again. Right now for example when I got bored of the current incarnation of the game and no longer have an active subscription, maybe if there was a vanilla realm I would have jumped in there and played for another month; who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. The me of 2015 has a 9-5 job, weekend commitments and has experienced a game with flight, queuing, shared mounts, LFR, dungeon finder, and so many quality of life improvements that not on your life.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    I am one of those statue receiving day zero players and no I wouldn't do that.
    While I have quite a few fond memories of vanilla wow I simply wouldn't want to play the same old shit again. Or forever. Raiding the same stuff forever would simply be boring.

Deleted
    As someone who played during vanilla: No thanks.

Horrible itemization, half the talent trees were completely worthless, having nothing to press on my melee for the majority of time, and horrible time consuming grinds that people confuse for 'hard' content. While it certainly was fun back then, more because it was new and exciting above anything else, I wouldn't ever want to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Lets be real, it's exactly the same thing with the current talent system.
    As a PvP player, I find myself changing talents quite often. While there are some talents that could use some love, there are certainly more options than with the old talent system.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2015-02-16 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LichKangLoL View Post
    Runescape actually did this a few years back, released a 2007 version of the game, which is doing nearly as well as their main game.

But no I probs wouldn't play vanilla, I remember it being stupidly grindy and infuriating. However, I would play a wotlk server any day.
    ^this /10chars

Deleted
    Played during vanilla and no i wouldn't go back. I really like things like dungeon finder, DR on cc/stuns, not having to use buy/craft ammo as a hunter, not having to train weapon skill with each type of weapon that you could use.

Dont get me started on grinding resistance gear, bleh.
    Oh and you did'nt even have a normal loot roll for gear you went /roll and need/greed system in chat and there was always the risk of the leader would just loot and drop the group.

Deleted
    Only if i could forget everything about wow past 10 years so i could play it as total noob again. It would still not be "good" but i would not know any better.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2015-02-16 at 03:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    * The pre-cata zones and quests and the time it took to reach max-level. I always took my time leveling and rushing to the end-game made no sense to me. I liked how there were long quest chains that took me all over the world.
    * The class quests including the paladin and warlock mount
    * How I could buff a player running past me and I knew that this buff I just gave him, will make a real difference in his leveling experience
    * How exciting it was to get a blue drop out in the world. Never have been more excited as when my Alexander'd Battle Axe dropped
    * The REAL elite mobs in the questing zones that you *had* to get a group for (e.g. Hogger, Redridge shadow orcs, Loch modan Ogres)
    * Crafting leveling gear that was worth something, even if it was green
    * I died quite bit in Vanilla and TBC and that was fine - it was a dangerous world
    OK you DO have something going there. But I guess that's the fate of every MMO out there. The longer it runs and the more successful it is the more it gets "watered down" for the "average user" in both good and bad terms.

I still wonder if the people who say the would play vanilla wouldn't bang their heads against the keyboard after two hours complaining how much is "missing" from the game hehe.

Only if i could forget everything about wow past 10 years so i could play it as total noob again. It would still not "good" but i would not know any better.
    That'd kinda be the best thing ever, not just for WoW... imagine you could "reset" your memories and watch all these amazing TV shows, movies and play games again :-(.

And personally I like the new skill trees. OK they are a bit cluttered, but so much more ways to have your "own" playsite :->...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    Yeah sure it'll never happen since that's not how marketing works but hey let's imagine for a split second that we're living in an alternate reality.
    If that reality means forgetting everything about the game between now and then, ye I'd play vanilla again.., otherwise no, a major factor why it's fondly remembered is because everything was new and fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You mean these horrendous and useless talent trees?

http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_11
    http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_3
    http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_8
    http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_2
    http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_5
    http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_4
    http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_7
    http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_9
    http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_1

There's zero customization with the old talent system. You took the best talents or you were sub par. The end.

- - - Updated - - -

Just imagine Molten Core taking 2 hours instead of 1, and you were competing with 4-6 other people of your class for a chance at one of two pieces of loot off each boss. Maybe if they brought loot up to today's standards, but that was one of the only things that prolonged vanilla raiding, 2 pieces of loot per raid boss to split among 40 people.
    2 hours? I remember BRD taking 2-4 hours, MC was often a few nights of raiding for most guilds.

Yes - mainly for pvp/world pvp (for when it still existed).

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Yes - mainly for pvp/world pvp (for when it still existed).
    I've always wondered, what was world pvp like? How did world pvp in practice pan out?

Its been a subject of curiosity for years on my part.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii