Thread: What if MoP?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    What ruined it for me was the sillyness. I mean, dungeons about killing rabbits and monkeys? The pandas only added to the sillyness.
    Talking pig men are better?

15+ Year Old Account
    The oriental theme just doesn't fit my conception of Warcraft, that's all.

Deleted
    lol i hate orcs so whole WoD is boring

BRF is easy as fk on normal/heroic and so far the bosses i seen on mythic is a big fat joke

i really hope some encounters gets harder i don't really feel "mythic" cuz it just ain't hard.

i miss the good ol times where a boss actually was fighting you. lets do blackhand oh wow nvm. we are busy fighthing his tanks, or some fettish aoe buildings falling apart. wow so amazing. Seriously?

Imperator was more of a fighter than what Blackhand ever was or will be. I wanna fight the boss not his cousins and friends.

so far WoD is a way more dissapointment than MoP was. and hurray 6.1 patch is almost there that Garrison patch. will be so much fun...

im still playing the game, and i'll still clear every single raid tier blizzard releases. but people who doesn't even raid heroic/mythic shouldn't complain about eairlier raids content. when they first need to learn to play at the high level, and that is pretty much easy now in BRF. People only wipe if they are bad with their personal shitty raiding skills. on heroic not a single encounter is any hard. And mythic looks like a joke so far. Method already clears everything within a freaky week lets see how long before they are 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    As far as i know, drunkard and stoner aren't the most respected proffesions in real life.
    Yes, but WoW is not real life. Unless you were instrumental in defeating the Lich King and bringing peace to New Jersey, and just never told anyone.

Personally for me, Mists was a good expansion. I didn't like the Pandas much at all, but the world they came from is fantastic! Yes, it was a little silly with the rabbits and monkeys, but at least that wasn't the theme in all instances, only one.

It would not have changed anything. People will complain no matter what. If there were no Pandaren, there would have been something else to complain about. The dailies would have probably been the largest target since there were already tons of complaints about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I didn't like Pandaren being added to the horde / alliance, but otherwise the expansion was alright. I think it's biggest issue was that the Mogu and DINOMANCER Trolls that showed up were 10x more interesting than the pandaren, but race-swapping the pandas for humans wouldn't fix that.
    That is one thing I did not like about MoP, Pandaren being in both faction. I would have preferred if they remained neutral and just have the Monk class available. Although I did like the Hozen and though they would make an interesting addition to the Horde. However, the Jinyu was pretty awful in my opinion.

Nope, I rather enjoyed the Pandaren and Pandaria. That's why my main now is a Pandaren Monk. I thought their lifestyle and philosophies were a nice contrast to the rest of the world.

There would have been hate for Pandaria regardless because of the Asian motif and themes. Not to mention, the fans of the Pandaren would likely have been upset if a knock-off of them and their land had been released instead. Thematically, the Pandaren and Pandaria pleased the fans that wanted them and, it seems, that those who disliked the expansion simply quit during it and came back for WoD.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2015-02-16 at 01:37 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

I think I would have liked it quite a bit less. I ended up mogging all the gear that wasn't on my pandaren characters because the theme bugged me on those other races.

I'd probably like MoP if it had no pandas. I'd probably even returned to WoW, which I am now done with forever, because pandas are a gigantic no-no to me. They ruined, nay, killed the game for me. Once and for all. I wouldn't even really mind if they were just an npc race, like kaluak. We had a lot of that before, it was fine, I didn't mind it. But making them playable is a one, last, gigantic fuckup Blizzard could ever make to ensure that I personally won't ever touch this shit of a game. Maybe only when it goes f2p, and even then highly unlikely.

Deleted
    WoW would be better off without the pandas, yes. But that wouldn't mean the theme of MoP would be good, it would be better, but not good. Thank god they released WoD right after with a much darker theme.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP's post is pretty much what I would have preferred all along.
    I had no problems with the asian theme at all, a lot of the art from MoP was just amazing and I still to this day go back to Pandaria to enjoy the scenery. The pandas on the other hand still look downright retarded to me and I don't enjoy looking at them at all. I would Tmorph all of that stupid shit away if I didn't risk getting banned for it. The panda populations has died down a lot thankfully but there are still a few furry lardlings running around ruining the savage feeling that WoD tries to convey.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    +1

have to agree with Zka the whole mop theme wasn't fitting and to be honest still feels unnatural to me when i do level in those zones
    Retired

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    What if MoP actually delievered the all out war between alliance and horde like it originally promised...

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    What if MoP actually delievered the all out war between alliance and horde like it originally promised...
    I didn't really enjoy the faction war that much because it turned out to be humans vs. the horde(well, orc/troll/blood elf). The other alliance races were barely present and when they were they were just following the humans. Varian and the whole high king trash in particular were bad.

Deleted
    I think there was definitely some Panda prejudice going on. People saw Pandas, thought that was childish, and then attributed all the childish things in the expansion (which happen in every expansion) to the fact that it was Pandas. If we'd gotten a group of sentient cranes no one would think that MoP was any more childish than previous expansions, because it wasn't.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    It would not have changed anything. People will complain no matter what. If there were no Pandaren, there would have been something else to complain about. The dailies would have probably been the largest target since there were already tons of complaints about them.
    And what I find funny and very ironic is that now that we have only one daily.. People are now moaning about having nothing to do, I mean once you are relatively well geared there is no reason to do the daily dungeon since getting garrison resources is easy.. And that you can bypass dungeons altogether and go straight into LFR and if not for the ring quest requiring 3 of those dungeons well you can guess the rest..

Sure the Pandaren weren't the most popular, but that expansion is miles a head of this one. We'd be looking at our second raid tier on the PTR, (released in about 1.5 months from now) having already had 6.1 released if they actually kept to that level of content production. I was still doing content from 5.0 a few months before 6.0 dropped, and it didn't involve just killing 9k mobs. And then we have WoD. Where end game is either raid (same as always), or pvp (with no new pvp additions besides failran), or kill 9k mobs for a reskinned wolf and a trinket with an ilvl from a normal dungeon. WoD also doesnt have the same story progression and build we saw in Mists, Wrathion's legendary was new and exciting stuff. Khadgar's is just a phoned in copy. What WoD did have was better leveling and better zones. And a large mini-game for casuals. Sure, WoD isnt over yet, but 5.1 was already released by this point in MoP's lifetime, and came with more content than a selfie cam and twitter. They also didn't have to delay raids for 3 months to stretch content. Just saying, I'm fairly sure once WoD is wrapping up, Mists will be recognized for what it was; The expansion with the most quality content, best story telling, and quickest content schedule ever. People just couldn't handle anthropomorphic bears and the world not teetering on disaster for the 8th year in a row. (It was by the 9th though!)

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    What ruined it for me was the sillyness. I mean, dungeons about killing rabbits and monkeys? The pandas only added to the sillyness.
    Lol, Get out of that "silliness" hive mind, and try and think for yourself for once, nothing about MoP was any more silly than any other time in the game, Yes, the pandas were so very silly at least before when you could play as a talking, walking upright cow, wearing armour, riding a giant chicken, and killing aggressive plants with a catfish it was serious, But then they added pandas......How dare they

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I think there was definitely some Panda prejudice going on. People saw Pandas, thought that was childish, and then attributed all the childish things in the expansion (which happen in every expansion) to the fact that it was Pandas. If we'd gotten a group of sentient cranes no one would think that MoP was any more childish than previous expansions, because it wasn't.
    Yeah I have to laugh at those who thought having Pandaren as a playable race as childish, speaks volumes about how insecure they are.. And that if there was a Disney movie involving cows oh hang on there was it was called Home on The Range http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299172/ and surprise, surprise it was released before WoW came into being, and yet no one says a peep about the Tauren being seen as childish..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Then what does fit your "conception" of Warcraft then? Do you even know yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Sure the Pandaren weren't the most popular, but that expansion is miles a head of this one. We'd be looking at our second raid tier on the PTR, (released in about 1.5 months from now) having already had 6.1 released if they actually kept to that level of content production. I was still doing content from 5.0 a few months before 6.0 dropped, and it didn't involve just killing 9k mobs. And then we have WoD. Where end game is either raid (same as always), or pvp (with no new pvp additions besides failran), or kill 9k mobs for a reskinned wolf and a trinket with an ilvl from a normal dungeon. WoD also doesnt have the same story progression and build we saw in Mists, Wrathion's legendary was new and exciting stuff. Khadgar's is just a phoned in copy. What WoD did have was better leveling and better zones. And a large mini-game for casuals. Sure, WoD isnt over yet, but 5.1 was already released by this point in MoP's lifetime, and came with more content than a selfie cam and twitter. They also didn't have to delay raids for 3 months to stretch content. Just saying, I'm fairly sure once WoD is wrapping up, Mists will be recognized for what it was; The expansion with the most quality content, best story telling, and quickest content schedule ever. People just couldn't handle anthropomorphic bears and the world not teetering on disaster for the 8th year in a row. (It was by the 9th though!)
    Yeah that was the one thing I liked about MoP was that the legendary did have its epic moments.. So far in WoD the only somewhat epic part of the legendary was the fight with Kairoz.. Will have to wait and see what happens with the next part..