Removal of Moderator Bias

Make it so that any moderator who has posted in any thread cannot hand out infractions to any one person in those threads in which he posted. This will prevent bias to sway the opinions of that moderator's decisions.

A good example: I recently had an argument with Endus over a matter of legality of police shooting a man. Well, some ten pages later, he infracted me for asking of the legal authority another poster had on the matter. Does having an argument with me not induce some bias towards my person later when he makes the infraction himself, and calls the matter "off-topic"?
    Last edited by Aeno; 2015-02-16 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

15+ Year Old Account
    This is already something we suggest to all moderators (not to infract in threads they have participated in), but we (global moderators/admins) can discuss some further actions along these lines. It's less clearcut than it may sound since threads in some subforums tend to get extremely long (literally thousands of pages), and a moderator who posted on page 1 would probably be fine moderating something on page 1897.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Last edited by Simca; 2015-02-16 at 12:00 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines