Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Good thing you're NOT a boss, you cuss out an employee over basically something that is of low priority and has nothing to do with you.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    I can never run out of surprise in such threads how apologetic people are for Blizzard's obvious lack of respect to their players. And how they'd never miss the chance to 'discuss' the person having issues (reasonable or not) rather than the issue itself.
    Sometime back in last Dec, shortly after launch, my wife and I went in to do two quests from the Inn NPC's, both of which were for inside the heroic where you need to kill Teron'gor for part of the legendary ring chain. We picked up the two items, we killed the boss, we looted the item for the legendary chain, but the two Inn quests? Both of them failed to give kill credit for the boss, despite having killed and looted him.

Well, we were mildly annoyed at that, but, meh, whatever. WoD has been a particularly buggy launch so far, so whatever, we'll just rerun the heroic some other night, right?

Well, we did just that, killed the boss again, got credit for the kill this time, ready to turn in, went back to the Inn, but the "?" was hovering over the fountain near the inn, but no NPC in sight. We didn't realize at the time that the stupid items you looted had a duration and would disappear, thought the NPC was just bugged into not showing up. When we realized the item was missing, we checked and found out we couldn't even just zone in and grab the item, but would have to fully drop the quest and pick it up again, once the NPC showed up at the Inn again, of course, then RERUN the heroic once more, and hope it didn't bug out and fail to give kill credit again.

So we both submitted tickets, explaining what we did, how we killed the boss in the same run where we picked up the quest items, didn't get credit, reran the heroic, was told ready to turn in in the quest log, unable to do so. All we wanted was for a GM to simply provide the item so we could turn in the quest. We both got a canned response saying something along the lines of: "We are unable to provide hints regarding quest completion. We suggest looking at several websites, such as Wowhead, for assistance in completing quests."

Which completely meant they didn't read the part where we both completed the quest, but it bugged out and didn't give kill credit, despite looting the boss. I chalked it up to "Yeah, wasting my time." and didn't go any further. My wife, however, decided she wasn't going to accept that. She would accept a "No" if it was clear that the No in question was in the context of the ticket being made, but not some generic boiler plate response that didn't actually fit the nature of the ticket.

So she submitted a follow up ticket, explaining again the situation and such. This time, she got a GM that contacted her in game, chatted with her briefly, once the situation was explained, they immediately put the two quest items in her bags, allowing her to turn in the quest. Then reading over the tickets, the GM asked my wife if I wanted the same thing done. My wife said yes, and when I got home from work, I was able to turn in both of my quests as well.

Now, one would normally conclude there and say GM did their job, we got what we wanted, everyone was happy. We asked for nothing more than to be allowed to turn in the quest that was in our logs saying "Ready to turn in."

But this GM went one step further, looked up both of our account histories, made the comment, "Looks like both of you guys have been with us for a long time" (We started WoW when our first server, Sentinels-US, was unlocking the AQ gates, not that we knew what that meant until long after it was done), and this GM, completely unsolicited, basically said, "Here's a token of appreciation for being loyal fans" and unlocked the 2014 Blizzcon awards on *both* of our accounts, such as the Grommloc pet.

So while there are many stories regarding the "boilet plate response that had no bearing on the actual ticket", I'm not buying this 'obvious lack of respect to their players.'

you are one hell of a stupid asshole

Heres the trick about blizzard.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever put in an in-game ticket if you need something done.

You wait for days to get a response and the inept clown monkeys that handle such things never even read what you write and if they do somehow, through some miracle, manage to understand you in a meaningful way basically tell you "too bad, its against our policy to actually help you".

If you need something actually done you just live-chat people instead. You never wait more than 20 minutes and those people actually read what you write, understand the issues you're talking about, and fix it instantly.

It's kind of mind blowing honestly how terrible the in game staff are. It really, truly is. The live-chat guys are what you would actually expect from support professionals. The live-chat guys are exactly like support you'd get from literally any other company with them having the actual goal of making you a happy customer and wanting you to continue paying for the service that is paying them to work. The in game guys just act like they give no fucks about anything. You're more likely to get struck by lightning twice on the same day you win the lottery than get an in game support response that is FAST, PROFESSIONAL, and HELPFUL.

As for the OP, despite how bad blizzard's in game support is, you're kinda bonkers for going so nuts over them not reading your ticket when it doesn't even negatively impact you. If they gave your shit to someone else, i'd be pissed. If they gave me someone else's shit, that doesn't mean anything to me.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2015-02-18 at 08:26 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I'm surprised at how many folks in this thread did not read the original post clearly.

OP did not request an item restore. He received a GM response about one. He figured the GM was mistaken, and now the actual item restore person will not receive their notice. He opens a ticket to point out their oversight. They apparently do not read his message and hit him with another template response.

At this point, yes, the OP does go over the top... but everything before that was legit. To say "OP, why did you clog the queue with more tickets?" is stupid. He only did that to try to be cool to a fellow player who could be out there wondering why the GMs never contacted him about his ticket.

They arent robots or saints, mistakes happen, get over it.

Deleted
    SOrry but this is nothing new - since ActiBlizz cut down (heavy) the customer service they mostly dont read but only scan for keywords....

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I'm surprised at how many folks in this thread did not read the original post clearly.

OP did not request an item restore. He received a GM response about one. He figured the GM was mistaken, and now the actual item restore person will not receive their notice. He opens a ticket to point out their oversight. They apparently do not read his message and hit him with another template response.

At this point, yes, the OP does go over the top... but everything before that was legit. To say "OP, why did you clog the queue with more tickets?" is stupid. He only did that to try to be cool to a fellow player who could be out there wondering why the GMs never contacted him about his ticket.
    He honestly should have just left it alone. He made himself look like one of those crazy dudes on a subway by virtually cursing out an automatic response that initially wasnt even his problem. I mean, how hard is it to simply repeat yourself again instead of going all caps lock ninja on someone. OP shows clearly a lack of self restraint and the worse that could have happened was the guy who it was meant for just opens another ticket.

I've had CS get my name wrong multiple times, just from ctrl+c / ctrl+v from other tickets

The greatest mistake CS has done to me is much more tragic tho, as my original account was banned for something I had not done, and they won't communicate about it anymore, saying if I open another ticket about it my current account could be banned for "harassing" the support team with a closed issue. Pretty pathetic, but at this point I don't give a f.
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.