Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I don't think you know what that word means. Solo play must be viable or you wouldn't be lvl 61.
    Seasons are a fundamentally competitive experience. Hence the leader boards, region firsts etc.

A solo player cannot hope to compete with a group player, which is why it's nonviable to play seasonal mode solo.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Seasons are a fundamentally competitive experience. Hence the leader boards, region firsts etc.

A solo player cannot hope to compete with a group player, which is why it's nonviable to play seasonal mode solo.
    What if the person the solo player is competing with is themselves? I play Seasons to see how far I can get myself, I could care less if these group players can rush everything and hit grift 40 in a day. That's not fun to me, that's a great way to burn out then complain about how repetitive the game is. If I can take the entire season and get past grift 25, I'll be super happy. I'm mostly a solo player, I've jumped in a couple public games this season but they're not fun either, it's all rush rush rush rush clear the rift start another gogogogogo no time for looting or management. I'll spend 2 minutes in town getting a new drop up to speed with enchants or gems etc and will hear "omg noob stop making us carry you bitch bitch bitch" and people leave.

Oh well, I'll continue at my own pace and you can all hate the game in 3 days because "it's too easy" when you very specifically chose to play it the easiest way possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    well let me tell you my story how about the people which do not have your luck.

I was farming for my tier pieces for a couple of days and after getting all of them (shitty rolls mostly) still needed my shield (crusader) to run my condemn build which guess what just dropped yesterday after spending tons of shards on kadala and rifting grifting almost every night 3-4.

Even now i still miss decent jewelry and after i get something i need to go back to perfect my gear.

So tltr nope its all about RNG
    Retired

How is this a balancing issue (I think of that in the sense of class balance)? Seems to me op and others here have either put in a ton of hours in a hurry or have had really good luck. It took me about 2-3 weeks to get decked out last season, and I'm about 90% of the way there now this season. But I've played an average of 2-3 hours a day, which not everyone can do.

If you want to level and gear fast for seasons you always play in a group. It's been this way for a long time with groups getting pretty big boosts for xp and leg drops over solo play. In season 2 they even messed up the xp bonus from gear scaling with group size and torment level calling it a bug then saying oh well we'll leave it in the game. It's why you see players 500+ paragon level the first 4-5 days of the season.

Deleted
    You are just lucky bastards with luck of drop.

Deleted
    It's RNG but ancient items are a massive boost if you happen to get them early on, that's probably speeding up the gearing process a fair bit until you get to the point where you simply need better rolls of the items you already have for your build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    I'm 12 hours in and level 61.

It's nice to know solo play is viable.
    i did 1-70 in about 7 hours, very much viable, but playing with others obviously gives you an edge

me and all my friends got all our sets fairly quickly, i have all the sets and legs i need for barb and monk atm.
    today i spend some time doing grift with some friends on a demon hunter, i've played on it 6 hours now and i have full marauder, ancient crossbow, bombarder quiver, almost perfect haunt of vaxo and what not

it's rly easy to get gear with kadala and a bit of luck and most of all, someone to play with

(i started the season out with a barb and played 48 hours non-stop, by the time i went to bed i had full raekor set a good furnace and could do grift 33+)
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-02-25 at 07:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaletaqa View Post
    I'm having the opposite problem. I don't have anyone to play with, and since I got a late start, everyone seems to already be blasting through stuff, and I'm having a hell of a time getting the ball rolling. Feels very tedious compared to the start of S1.

Same here. I also missed the season start, I created my toon only yesterday. As such all my buddies are already running the grift treadmill, and I'm slowly catching up on my own.

En plus, they all play Crusader next to my Monk so that'll be great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    any1 from eu that want to boost/help me level a bit. starting sc/ after i died 1 time my kid grapped the mouse and the other one because of lag.
    having a kid that can grab the mouse is no fun when playing d3 hc.. so back to sc again. but leveling now is kinda slow.
    Feel free to add me, Watson767#2771

edit - You too myz, im not great geared but can help you guys level a bit
    Last edited by mmocad9b71cfda; 2015-02-26 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ashe View Post
    no, really.

Friday nite my grp was 70 in about 4 hours. no gimmicks, just bounty-rift-bounty-rift-grift~repeat.
    Saturday within 3 hours were were about 90% in our desired gear and steamrolling t6.
    by Sunday afternoon we're bored, 2/3 of us already over gr35, and today after some more steamrolling we are already burnt out.

its just legs in your face all the time, nothing to look forward to any more because you know in 10 minutes you'll either have what you want, or the shards to buy it from kadala...

should drops be nerfed???
    Ack I hate to hear this...I was thinking about jumping into Season 2 this weekend. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Sundiver View Post
    Ack I hate to hear this...I was thinking about jumping into Season 2 this weekend. :-(
    I assume by "geared" he means just getting your set items and build-enabling core items? That's not even close to BiS, but even that is pretty much impossible in 3 hours, especially on your first character (can't craft good gear asap when you hit 70 etc).

I'm close to Paragon 400 now, and my Crusader is still quite a few pieces away from BiS gear, so I really wouldn't worry about getting "done" gearing your char too fast

The conclusion: The post you quoted is complete bullshit.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2015-02-27 at 06:27 AM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The conclusion: The post you quoted is complete bullshit.
    Exactly.

The following is for Sundiver.

First of all, it's all about RNG. You either get lucky, or you don't. Someone may spend 25 blood on a slot, someone else 2500. Someone may run one rift and get a drop they need, someone else may have to run 20 to get that drop. Also, if you're getting carried by three other people and the multiplayer buff, then you'll get a lot more chances of getting your gear than if you're playing solo. So, if you're unlucky and especially if you're unlucky while playing solo, you're not going to get your gear in just a few days.

Also, simply getting the right drops isn't exactly enough; you're going to want ancient versions of the drops, and then you're going to want to have optimal stats on them. Getting that 20% 100% 10% socket amulet, 100% 10% mainstat cdr gloves, and so on, isn't necessarily going to happen straight away.

Then, things get extremely tricky when your spec requires a specific weapon or a specific amulet, as those will cost a lot of blood to gamble for, and some weapons tend to be quite rare.

So yeah... Just because some guy and his friends in multiplayer happened to get to where they could run GR35, which is basically baby levels, and which you can do with T6 gear, doesn't mean it's going to be as easy and fast for you, or anyone else. As for the GR levels... GR35 is absolutely nothing. If you aim to do GR40+, let alone GR50+ some day, you'll have a long road ahead of you.

Start the season and have a fun weekend playing the game, is all I can tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundiver View Post
    You can still play and have a great time solo, it will just take longer to get to the desired gear level you might want and honestly there isnt anything wrong with that.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see....you played with a group right? You played incessantly after launch right? Ok. Those aren't normal playstyles for most people. My friend is in a similar boat, he's about paragon level 250-300 right now and can do similar rifting. He plays all the time.

By contrast I only played heavily while leveling, now I do a couple of rifts a day at most. I'm only able to do T2 efficiently and couldn't dare do a GRift higher than 16-17 or else I will spend hours getting murdered. For me I won't even come close to your gear level during the entire season.

Different play styles, different results. Play less, complain less. Otherwise, this is to be expected.
    BAD WOLF

This is also a case of insane luck, not just lots of playtime. As I said, I'm Paragon 400, and my Crusader is still lacking quite a few pieces for actual BiS gear.

Simply getting the sets and build-enabling items you want, is not the same as having good gear.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I dunno, the stupid amount of loot I've seen drop - and fairly consistently - in a group compared to what I get solo does seem pretty crazy.

Sure, still takes some RNG to get the right gear, but when orange text is popping up all over the place, your chances seem a lot better.
    ^^ I can only agree with this