Poll: Were you Subbed During the 14 Month Long SoO Drought? Why?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but the honest reason is just that I was too lazy to cancel the credit card payment :-(. I kinda regret it now that I am broke lol...

Deleted
    Actually I think I was. I bought MoP in around may last year and stopped in july. Thats how fast I experienced content of MoP, for better or for worse, through endless attacks of monkies. It wasn't the best of xpacs tbh. My sub for WoD run out now so they are pretty much on same time limit now, only thing is will WoD bring me back again? Time or game tokens will tell.
    Cataclysm was the horror, but at least I played it up to firelands, quit before LFR-patch hit... think that must be cata for around 6 months at least right? Not bad. I miss glory days of Wotlk :P

Yes, and I actually played more than I do currently. Weird, huh?

Mostly I was working on brawlers/CMs/rep etc.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Other.
    I was unsubbed for most of MoP. I stopped playing shortly after hitting level 90 with my then-main. MoP didn't pull me in like the other expansions did. I resubbed a couple of month's before WoD's release to get characters to 90 etc, so was only subbed right toward the end of 5.4.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

The drought occurred at the end of the expansion, so there was a lot of content there from previous patches. Timeless Isle, Thunder Isle, several raid tiers, the legendary cape quest, etc. This time around there is much less preexisting content.

yes I stayed subbed but I quit playing the last 2 months before WoD came out. a year of SoO was enough for me and I needed a break before the new xpac. so while I didn't play for 2 months I still paid for the sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

It is only because of the 1 or 2 months that I let my sub lapse during SoO that I didn't get the loyal subscriber statue and I'm really not happy about that. I just couldn't do it. The drought was so bad.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I did my military service from Aug '12 to Jan '13, so I basically missed the first part of MoP. I was subbed during that time, and did play on the weekends when I was off, but on the whole my game spent online was very low. Therefore I had some catching up to do during 5.4 that I hadn't gotten around to do before, especially with the Legendary quest chain.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

MoP was a great expansion...I still had lots to do at the end!

I unsubbed in 5.2 and only came back when SoO had like 3 or 4 months left, so it was easy gearing up and I didn't get too bored of it.