Living Bomb Trick for higher AOE/Cleave Damage

Sorry, if this is old news as this info was available on another forum for quite sometime. Did a quick scan of the sticky post and the last 3 pages of posting, but didn't see it posted.

This trick work best with 3 targets or more.

Normal Living Bomb (LB) explosion from 3 targets

Each LB explosion hits 3 targets, for a total of 9 explosions.

However, if we Infernal Blast (IB) when the LB has less than 1 secs from explosion, we get

Notice we now get 15 explosions instead of 9.

The sub 1-secs IB spread the 3 exploding LB to trigger 9 explosions as we would have expected, but it also extended the timer of the 2 other LBs, which exploded split seconds later for additional of 6 explosions (2 LB x 3 targets).

For 7 targets, the normal way will result in 7x7 = 49 LB explosions
    With the IB trick, we can get 49 + (6 x 7) = 91 LB explosions

This is without factoring multistrike effect, with multistrike we will get even more LB explosion.

Key applications of this trick: Iron Maiden and Thogar's adds (depend on how strong your group members AOE are), Tectus, Beastlord. etc etc.

For Iron Maiden fight, it may not be easy to include a IB into your regular rotation to trigger this trick, but if you are mindful of the trick, and execute it whenever possible, it should result in overall higher cleave damage.

This trick can work without 2T17, but the gain will be much smaller, as you won't be able re-spread your new LB in your subsequent regular rotation.

Just sharing.
    Last edited by Exodus_The_Mage; 2015-02-17 at 07:45 AM.

I've heard this trick being passed around in Chinese forums, but I wasn't sure about it. I don't think it's about triggering/extending neighbor LBs, but instead, it's taking advantage of the minor lag from the application of spreaded DOTs.

Just tried it out and its not working anymore for me.
    Anyone else can confirm that?

both chinese forum and Komma from altered time have confirmed that this bug is fixed.

Deleted
    If you timed it well on beastlord you could get double explosions all the time.

Nothing hard or buggy about it, just common gameplay sense, you just need to time it with the packbeast timer.

Hmm, look like it has indeed been ninja fix :P
    Last edited by Exodus_The_Mage; 2015-02-23 at 01:34 AM.

with the trick you could time it on beastlord to have 3 explosions (if raid dps on adds was bad even 4)
    time living bomb. when adds come LB was at like 2-3 secs left -->spread, often instantly spread again (sub 1 sec) --> double explosion --> reapply. sometimes adds died with bomb = 3rd explosion ... somtimes adds were alive long enough to do the trick again to spread sub 1 sec --> 4 times big explosion
    But you needed 2 set for it to have the 2 charges available

but ye ... has been fixed