Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    There are guns, siege tanks, "flying machines"
    Those are made by Ironforge dwarves who have had an industrial revolution and live in fascism now. Their cousins are not so advanced.
    shredders, zeppelins
    Those are made by goblins, who have had an industrial revolution and live in capitalism.
    The orcs are aliens from a different planet.
    As we can see their formations range from hunter-gatherer to military communes.

But we are talking about human and elven kingdoms.

What about the harvest golem we see in westfall?
    An Easter egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post

An Easter egg.
    Not an easter egg, (warcraft) human technology. Deal with it.

Deleted
    It is a flintlock pistol, dwarven-made to boot. There is no robots and spaceships in the RTS universe.
    What? Since when there were dwarven-made flintlock pistols in medieval ages? Dwarven question aside, flintlock pistols were invented in early 1700s.

The movie is set in the RTS universe, so the best tech advancement they can come with are steam engines and smoothbore cannons. Also, those belong to advanced societies, and Azeroth/Lordaeron/whatever else are in deep feudalism and their tech advancement is hard-capped by their social formation.
    Ever heard of the term Trade? Societies do it from time to time. Share technologies and such. Buy and sell. Warcraft RTS is science fiction high fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They're the same universe.
    WoW universe added steampunk element which was not present in RTS series.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Ever heard of the term Trade?
    So you think Lordaeron traded black slaves from some human lands we know nothing about? Most of the world didn't do so...

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -
    it did.
    So you think Lordaeron traded black slaves from some human lands we know nothing about? Most of the world didn't do so...
    Just......stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    it did.

Just......stop.
    You can stop feeding this clown)
    I enjoy his stupidity but if you don't you can just ignore him

The movie is set in the RTS universe, so the best tech advancement they can come with are steam engines and smoothbore cannons. Also, those belong to advanced societies, and Azeroth/Lordaeron/whatever else are in deep feudalism and their tech advancement is hard-capped by their social formation.
    Read my damn post again, you troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    There are guns, siege tanks, shredders, zeppelins, "flying machines" in the RTS. The orcs are aliens from a different planet. You calling Warcraft medieval is not really accurate.
    I already told him this, he apparently can't read or is willfully ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

Who said ANYTHING about black slaves? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Do you not see the gyrocopter I linked from WC2?
    That was never on the WoW scale. And again, humans had nothing with them, it is a Gnomish unit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotun View Post
    Who said ANYTHING about black slaves?
    We were discussing unnatural racial diversity in the human kingdoms. Some people denied they were feudalistic and medieval. Now people bring up trade, as in human trafficking.

We were discussing unnatural racial diversity in the human kingdoms. Some people denied they were feudalistic and medieval. Now
    people bring up trade, as in human trafficking.
    The "trade" comment referred to your claim about technological advancement you dunce.

I must admit, this thread has provided way more entertainment than the movie.

On topic, I don't see a reason to stuff the universe into particular common knowledge style. It seem pretty clearly there is a somewhat unique hybrid convolution going on in the warcraft universe.

That was never on the WoW scale. And again, humans had nothing with them, it is a Gnomish unit.

- - - Updated - - -

We were discussing unnatural racial diversity in the human kingdoms. Some people denied they were feudalistic and medieval. Now people bring up trade, as in human trafficking.
    You brought that up! Trade doesn't imply human trafficking, you racist dimwit. Reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell am I reading here...

Starcraft got the futuristic setting

Warcraft has some technology that is advanced for the medieval age and that is all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    Agree with you, seems like people don't get that in 2009-2010 it wasn't possible to achieve this level of CGI and mo-cap performance, Avatar made it only because of the big eyes that can show you more expression same thing goes for Golum. And marketing was awful, now I understand why they wanted to partner with WB first not with universal. The only marketing campaign that was good was China and Universal wasn't involved there
    They already partnered up with WB, then they split.

It is not like they wanted to partner up with WB first and Legendary mostly made Warcraft the movie happen.

WB was the first partner of Legendary who were the first ones to have believed in Warcraft could be realized on the big screen which means Legendary is not that old

In fact Legendary is one of the newest rising mini mini studios on the market with Thomas Tull as the head honcho who made money with laundry machines before turning into a movie exec.

So I heard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Why should we not as a fan of world of warcraft. It's the only movie outlet and it wasn't done all that well. It's kinda disappointing. Plus, I do a fair amount in marketing and I love this kind of stuff. It's interesting to me. Bla Bla bla, thats about all you need to know. You don't like the way the discussion went? Oh well
    It is not like that I do not appreciate your postings at all,

and it is totally fine with me if you are interested in macro or micro marketing and probably interested in the entertainment sector as well.

It is just the never ending discussion about the movie cannot do this, the movie cannot do that

It is frustrating and not constructive, leading to nowhere
    Last edited by daywalker02; 2016-06-30 at 11:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    It is not like that I do not appreciate your posting at all,

and it is totally fine with me if you are interested in macro or micro marketing and probably interested in the entertainment sector as well.

It is just the never ending discussion about the movie cannot do this, the movie cannot do that

It is frustrating and not constructive, leading to nowhere
    Maybe quras will one day learn that stating an opinion is a thing, repeat it over and over and over and over and over and fucking over again is another.

It's a whole fucking year we're reading his ramblings about the lore being screwed and now he wants us to buy that passion for marketing is what drives him here. Lol

There's a point when enough is simply enough. Too bad he has yet to understand that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

It has hit 220 Million mark in China

Hi guys!

Hopefully, you've had a chance to see the Warcraft Movie by now and if you're a fan of the game or Hearthstone I think you will enjoy my video. Please have a look, like and subscribe and if you really want to be supportive a share/tweet would be amazing

But all I ask is your viewership, everything else is cake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w_Br_qLxaY

SPOILERS in the video for those who haven't seen the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    It has hit 220 Million mark in China
    So what's the total box office now? It hasn't been fully updated for a while.