Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Best class at duels

Hey everyone, I love WPVP and duels and want a new class to play. Could anyone pleas tell me which class is the best in duels/1V1 situations etc? It would help me a ton! I am currently hoping paladins/dk's will be good since I like these classes, but I am interested in the general consensus! I excuse for my bad english. Replies would help me a ton, thank you.

Deleted
    Unholy deathknights with the correct talents and glyphs can outlast almost anything and defeat it, yes EVEN HUNTERS!!!
    on the other hand a frost DK specced into conversion might be unkillable for an unholy DK if same skilled, but the frost DK wont kill the unholy one either.

Specc, into lichborne and death pact for heals, blood tap for extra runes
    Glyph regenerative magic, runic power and Empower runic weapon

with this you have 3 chances to heal back to full with a couple of deathstrikes here and there, you can lichborne heal to FULL if someone is feeding you RP, also if you deathstrike same time
    you can regen 30% health combined with 6 deathstrikes with the ERW will heal you to full
    and ofc Death pact is only a 2min CD considering you are a livelord should be able to use it twice in a duel.

Go for the kill during gargoyle otherwise turtle with heals, you should be able to defeat everything, at least i have and not random noobs, good 2k5+ players

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter is the only choice to wpvp against most people including people who try to bail out.
    Stay at optimal range (40yrds) and roll almost everything with little effort. Get some nitro boots, make some gliders and put parachute on your cloak. Disengage + parachute is hilarious. Also hunters get added bonus of using terrain to their advantage. Glyph explosive trap on even a slight decline makes a huge difference, and blasting somebody off a cliff in nagrand provides endless hours of top keks. You just cant go wrong as a hunter in wpvp + you can bail out very easily if you need to with snare then disengage posthaste + camo or + deterrence to FD and mount up.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    And then a geared Shadow priest shows up and Pushes your shit in.

Im not a duel hero, but i do find hunters relatively easy to kill on my 678ish SP. Of course i dont arena with him either, so maybe i just havent faced any geared hunters. Of course as soon as the hunter dies and i get jumped by a warrior, its GG for the SP.

Checks and Balances are hard.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-02-17 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoThreeButtons View Post
    on the other hand a frost DK specced into conversion might be unkillable
    Not since the nerfs.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Best? Hunter. No contest. Literally, just hunter. If you go DK / Ret you'll be disappointed as once you're CD healing is gone, its game over, and you just die, for DKs the trade off for lots of healing is so much damage you wont kill them before they kill you, as for ret, your personal healing is low, it's your healing on others thats really high.
    Last edited by Christonya; 2015-02-18 at 12:51 AM.

Deleted
    For duels

feral druid > frost dk > rogue > hunter

That doesn't mean a frost dk will beat a hunter in a 1v1 situation, I'm just saying how it is overall against other classes. A hunter can and will beat a dk but it can't beat balance druids, shadow priests and affliction locks, that doesn't mean boomkins, spriests and locks are not complete trash in 1v1 against all other classes than hunter.

Deleted
    Probably Hunter, this class also has a good chance to stop enemies who try to run away. In WPvP this is an important thing, for me at least. On the other hand, a 1200 rated affliction Warlock will beat hunters while using only one finger to press a few buttons while eating a pizza with the other hand and not even paying attention to the fight.

I wonder about rogues, I have the impression that there is no damage outside of killing spree...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Probably Hunter, this class also has a good chance to stop enemies who try to run away. In WPvP this is an important thing, for me at least. On the other hand, a 1200 rated affliction Warlock will beat hunters while using only one finger to press a few buttons while eating a pizza with the other hand and not even paying attention to the fight.

I wonder about rogues, I have the impression that there is no damage outside of killing spree...
    Me (hunter) and a ww monk on this orc rogue in Hellfire Peninsula, he almost managed to kill me with both of us on him. I'm not a huntard and he knew business. I checked his armory because I was shocked he managed to do so well, he was assassination - the spec people say sucks at pvp, it didn't seem to suck at all to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Dutch Dude View Post
    Hey everyone, I love WPVP and duels and want a new class to play. Could anyone pleas tell me which class is the best in duels/1V1 situations etc? It would help me a ton! I am currently hoping paladins/dk's will be good since I like these classes, but I am interested in the general consensus! I excuse for my bad english. Replies would help me a ton, thank you.
    Tanks.

Specifically, blood DK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Tanks.

Specifically, blood DK.
    Not fun to play. Takes too long to kill anything to be fun. People will refuse to duel you and will say "lolblood", people will run away from you in wpvp and bgs (provided they have more mobility than locks and spriests) and you can't do shit in arena to support your partner(s) meaning that your partner will die and you will have to go 1v2 and hope they're a couple of melee idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpasaurus Rex View Post
    Not fun to play. Takes too long to kill anything to be fun. People will refuse to duel you and will say "lolblood", people will run away from you in wpvp and bgs (provided they have more mobility than locks and spriests) and you can't do shit in arena to support your partner(s) meaning that your partner will die and you will have to go 1v2 and hope they're a couple of melee idiots.
    That's correct (not much fun, takes a lot of time, people will refuse to duel and say "lolblood" - or, say, "lolbrewmaster").

Deleted
    For duels

That doesn't mean a frost dk will beat a hunter in a 1v1 situation, I'm just saying how it is overall against other classes. A hunter can and will beat a dk but it can't beat balance druids, shadow priests and affliction locks, that doesn't mean boomkins, spriests and locks are not complete trash in 1v1 against all other classes than hunter.
    Thank you very much! I was unaware of these counters and this makes it really interesting. I think I'm going with a DK, while hunter would ideologically be my best fit I dislike the class very much.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Enhance /kappa
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Enhance /kappa
    If you are talking shamans, then choose elemental for /kappa^3

Deleted
    For duels

Wait, you claim somethings superior but then it's not superior because it loses to something inferior? Or am I just misreading your x is greater than y.

There's no way a rogue is a better duelist than a hunter in this season so far. With the exception of maybe a shadow priest anything the rogue can kill the hunter can kill and take far less damage doing so, especially melee.

Feral druids don't beat frost DKs, not while shred slows them on every hit and whilst they can move above 50% speed against a hunter the hunter ultimately has to misplay to lose to a feral, especially as there's usually no pillars in WPvP.

In WPvP and Wduels hunters are king. With no reliable way to LoS them and moving twice as slow as them, 3x if they post haste you have to either crawl towards them or crawl away. The only choice you have in fighting a good hunter in WPvP is choosing which way you're facing when you die.
    Last edited by mmoc0be20a83e8; 2015-02-18 at 11:18 AM.

Deleted
    In case of world PvP I would probably second the opinion that it's hunters. If done right, a Hunter should beat just about ANY melee, including DKs and Feral Druids. DKs actually have so bad utility that they can hardly even touch a good hunter a single time during a duel, which immediately puts Death Strike healing out of the game.

On top of that, the RP gain glyph gets nerfed with 6.1 and Necrotic Plague will not give RP to DPS specs anymore, which means Conversion healing becomes almost totally unviable next week (its still decent now, but with 6.1 you will probably see all Frost DKs going Death Pact).

Yes, Hunters will lose against good Shadow Priests, Warlocks and possibly Boomkins, but especially against SPs and Warlocks, which are their biggest counters, they can just run away and there is literally nothing those classes can do about it.

Among melee its usually a tie between Ferals and DKs as the top specs. Duels between them can go either way, often depending on little factors. Rogues can sometimes beat DKs if they play extremely cheap with kiting (almost like a Hunter), but will lose to Ferals using the same tactics, which makes Ferals a little superior to DKs imo. They also have good options to run away from fights. Ret Paladins usually lose to DKs and Ferals and Rogues just run away from them.

Caster specs are most often destroyed by good rogues and Ferals with only Boomkin and Shadow Priest sometimes being able to have decent success against melee 1v1. So while those classes are good against Hunters, they suck against most melee.

Mages are just a CC class now and not meant to kill anyone anyways ;-) They will usually lose to Ferals, Rogues, Shadow Priests and Warlocks but can also run away from a lot of fights.

My overall ranking would be something like:

Hunter > Feral > DK > Rogue > Shadow Priest/Boomkin as far as 1v1/wpvp classes go. Hunters do have some counters but they can run away from them. Ferals has less counters (only hunters actually and they still have a chance against them). If you are not the guy that runs away from fights, Feral might actually be better than Hunter, because you can also beat SP/Boomkin/Warlock as a Feral and still might win against Hunters if you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arancor View Post
    In case of world PvP I would probably second the opinion that it's hunters. If done right, a Hunter should beat just about ANY melee, including DKs and Feral Druids. DKs actually have so bad utility that they can hardly even touch a good hunter a single time during a duel, which immediately puts Death Strike healing out of the game.
    Frankly, if we are talking about world PVP, it's anything. If it's ganking, you win by choosing the right target / moment. Everyone can burst mostly everyone given the right moment, gear and specialty items (healing reduction / temporary immunity / whatnot), and if you can't burst someone, you just don't start the fight = you never lose. If it's ganging up with a raid, spec doesn't matter at all, you win by having numbers (and just having some healers).

It's only for duels that comparisons make sense. And in duels, we are obviously talking limited space, or hunters and other ranged would just kite melee forever and classes like rogues would simply reset infinitely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Dutch Dude View Post
    Thank you very much! I was unaware of these counters and this makes it really interesting. I think I'm going with a DK, while hunter would ideologically be my best fit I dislike the class very much.
    Yeah I wouldn't listen to that, roll DK and enjoy getting rolled by every hunter that isn't a mouth breather. Hunters beat spriests and aff locks when you practice how2play against them. But I guess if you really don't like playing hunter then ur best bet would be feral tbh or rogue since you have the best chance of any class at bailing out.

I can tell you in wpvp, you don't come across many moonkins, spriests and aff locks. It's mostly melee you come across since so many people play melee in WoD.

Hunter beat everything that isn't SP, Warlock, Boomkin and Healers basically.

Hunters beat spriests and aff locks when you practice how2play against them.
    Tell me your secret, because in 1v1, there's not much you can do. You can avoid up to 5 casted spells with FD, Camo, Silencing shot, activating Detterence/aura canceling it and racial NE if you happen to be one, but it doesn't matter because while you avoid their casted spell, their instant one eat at your life faster than you can kill them anyway.
    Last edited by Noocta; 2015-02-18 at 05:24 PM.