IGN - 65
    Jim Sterling - 6.5
    Escapist - 60
    Push Square - 60
    Destructoid - 60
    Polygon - 55
    Gamespot - 50

Metascore - 65 (61 critics!)

Anyone else surprised by these reviews? I think everyone had some high hopes to be the next big PS4 exclusive. Driveclub drama all over
    again...

(Can a mod change the title to "The Order: 1886 review thread"? More appropriated than my personal view on the matter.)
    Last edited by mmocda37b2a89b; 2015-02-21 at 04:28 PM.

Deleted
    I don't trust ratings, usually. If a game interests me, I'll go and watch the first few parts of a random Let's Play of the game on YouTube and see if it looks promising.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when you recycle boss fights and rely on quirky QTE junk, these things tend to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Because this is rather disappointing:

GameTrailers - 8.2
    IGN - 65
    Jim Sterling - 6.5
    Escapist - 60
    Push Square - 60
    Destructoid - 60
    Polygon - 55
    Gamespot - 50

Metascore - 65 (44 critics!)

Anyone else surprised by these reviews? I think everyone had some high hopes to be the next big PS4 exclusive. Driveclub drama all over again...
    I am not surprised at all. After all the halfassed PR Ready at Dawn has done to defend the game and the comments about the demo's people got to play at E3 and Playstation experince I figured this is what will happen.

ill check it out once its $25 or less but its far from being worth $60. Less then 7hrs of gameplay and no replyability its just not worth $60 for me. Watched the IGN review now watching Gamespots. The amount of QTE's in this game is fucken insane.

Ready at Dawn turned me off from there own game and the reviews are just icying on the cake.

Edit: To add its clear the game is a tech demo just like Ryse was for the XboxOne. I'm not saying the game can't be fun but for me its far from being worth $60.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-02-19 at 03:50 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Anyone else surprised by these reviews?
    Nope.

I haven't followed the development of this game at all (although I recall hearing something a while ago about it locking frame rate at 30fps because it's "cinematic" or whatever) and I've heard the furor over its length anyway.

Because what some random douche "critic" says about a game totally makes me not want to buy it....

They deserve worse ratings, just start making movies instead because it`s obviously what the developer is aiming for.

Also rehashed bosses inn the same game, you have to pretty stupid to defend that.

Also they have the nerves to charge 60$ for a game that`s 5 hours long, with zero replayability and where half of it isnt even gameplay but cutscenes where again half of it is just ripped off movies and other games?

Ending is almost a carbon copy of bladerunner
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2015-02-19 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because this is rather disappointing:

GameTrailers - 8.2
    IGN - 65
    Jim Sterling - 6.5
    Escapist - 60
    Push Square - 60
    Destructoid - 60
    Polygon - 55
    Gamespot - 50

Metascore - 65 (44 critics!)

Anyone else surprised by these reviews? I think everyone had some high hopes to be the next big PS4 exclusive. Driveclub drama all over again...
    none of these numbers mean anything. the only way to know how much you'll like it is to actually play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that the game looks and sounds like trash, but I'm also sad that 7 is the new average instead of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    I don't trust ratings, usually. If a game interests me, I'll go and watch the first few parts of a random Let's Play of the game on YouTube and see if it looks promising.
    Yeah, I don't tend to trust them either. Usually have to detract about 20 points from them to get accurate point count.

Which in this case seems like it's pretty damn average at best, most likely poor.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I don't know much about the game, so I'll abstain from saying much, if anything, about the game itself, however...

Do I feel bad for Sony (as per the thread title)? No. Exclusivity is a bad thing for the consumer; it needlessly divides the marketplace for gamers. I understand why it happens, but I wish it didn't.

From what I've heard from friends it surprises me ratings are that high.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    From what I've heard from friends it surprises me ratings are that high.
    Ratings are normally higher than they should be.

I don't really care for what other peoples opinion on games are. I"ll be playing with when I eventually get a PS4 as the lore and setting alone seem interesting enough.

Chelly
    So much for your 30fps "cinematic experience" QTE roller coaster. Good thing it's getting trashed, because fuck their awful excuses for sub-60 fps.

When someone can power through this game in ~ 5 hours, and nearly half of that is unskippable cutscenes or QTE...they deserve every bad rating they get. $60 for shit like that is a joke...

Same thing with AniDB/MAL -- the ratings average to 7.5, so the list should really be center-weighted by 2.5pts

Considering the game has been getting slammed for a while, no I'm not. Totalbiscuit did a long piece on FPS and The Order:1886 was one of the bigger culprits he went after in it. Now I haven't been following it so I didn't know about all of the QTE stuff, but yeah if the games full of that it's already not worth looking at. It's a lazy design approach that should have died out years ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJh9ut2hrc Is the link to the video if you're interested.

I don't listen to any reviewers. Never have. Never will. What's the point in letting someone else form my opinion? I thought the game and the lore looked interesting, so I'll be getting it.
    Also, I'm the kind of guy that really enjoys 'it's-so-bad-it's-good' things, so it's right up my ally if they are right. lol

Honestly...I'm not surprised at all. It looked pretty obvious that the game was being designed primarily as a vehicle to show off pixels (at 30fps because cinematic!) and graphical effects rather than a good game. Don't get me wrong, the premise is incredible and the game is gorgeous, but damn if it's not getting a resounding "meh" from most folks who've played it that I've heard from/read.