Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Kingdoms of Amalur 2

This game needs to happen! The first game was amazing,It was prob my favorite RPG in all times. A company needs to pick up the IP and continue it!

I agree. I'm going back to replay KoA. Their orginal plan was to make an MMO based off of it for the 'sequel'. The concept looked awesome but then they went belly up

You got my excited for a sec. I saw the thread title and thought there was an announcement xD

Please sign this Petition

This petition is to get a sequel made for Kingdoms of amalur. It was a amazing game and it needs one! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/142/0...oms-of-amalur/

The company died in a spectacular explosion. Not sure who owns the rights to the name now, probably Rhode Island.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

How would that remotely change anything? XD
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I made a petition to get to hopefully get it made, if anyone wanna sign it.. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/142/0...oms-of-amalur/

EA will see how many people want this game and maybe they will make it

Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    I made a petition to get to hopefully get it made, if anyone wanna sign it.. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/142/0...oms-of-amalur/
    How does petition ressurect a company from bankrupcy exactly?

I was actually just thinking about this game the other day. It's a shame that the MMO got canned. I bought this game on release day, and I fully agree it was super fun, although super easy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    Thats not how petitions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Petitions aren't the best way to go about it but generate enough buzz around the inter webs and someone is bound to start wanting to make some money off the title and maybe have a kickstarter.

Only issue is getting the trademark from the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    The IP currently belongs to the state of Rhode Island, a petition is unlikely to do much at all. EA may publish the game but they do not own the rights to the actual IP. So unless someone is willing to approach Rhode Island and buy it out, it won't happen. Said state also lost about an estimated 100 million dollars on that venture that tax payers had to cough up, so it wont go cheap either.
    Last edited by zealo; 2015-02-17 at 06:12 PM.

I dont know Rhode Island may let it go cheaper than you think. There hasn't been any buzz about the game in years and they essentially have a 100 mil paperweight. Out of spite they'll hold on to it a bit but if someone seriously made them even a lowball offer... But as much as I and many liked the first I highly doubt there'd be enough potential earnings for someone to take it on (especially with current mmo market outlook, even though it's not locked in that route)

I'd rather it never get made than let EA get their hands on it.

Deleted
    The concept on both combat and story was great...but overall it was a bad game with both poorly executed.

That said, they failed due to going backrupt. It would have beaten many other RPG's and be a big tittle if they had finished it with all intented features and plans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'd rather it never get made than let EA get their hands on it.
    Let's pray Ubisoft doesn't get their hands on it, they have grown twice as bad as EA in the last 2 years.

I doubt it will ever be made since it flopped big time.

"It was projected by NPD that the game sold over 330,000 physical copies in the U.S.[32] and Curt Schilling later tweeted that it has sold 1.2 million by the 90-day mark. Rhode Island governor Lincoln Chafee has said that the game was a failure as it needed to sell over 3 million copies to break even."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom...lur:_Reckoning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Don't worry, OP will provide the much needed funding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I doubt it will ever be made since it flopped big time.

"It was projected by NPD that the game sold over 330,000 physical copies in the U.S.[32] and Curt Schilling later tweeted that it has sold 1.2 million by the 90-day mark. Rhode Island governor Lincoln Chafee has said that the game was a failure as it needed to sell over 3 million copies to break even."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom...lur:_Reckoning
    That's not that difficult to achieve when your company goes bankrupt and you have to release the game with literally no advertising at all. Hardly anyone knew the game was on the market, I never even heard of it before seeing it randomly on steam sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they know how to make a proper FoV this time...
    It literally destroyed my experience and didn't allow me to play the game more than couple of hours, the camera angle and FoV was atotal failure.

From what i understand, KoA is amazing game(played myself and loved it) but wasnt advertized much so ended with less sales than planned.
    from post title for sec got excited too

10+ Year Old Account
    They should give it to obsidian or Bioware to make.