Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the same problems when I try to fly in my dreams... powerlines get in the way (usually when I'm trying to escape), or it's more like a 'hulk jump' rather than real flying.

Pisses me off sometimes.

Its funny, I have dreams sometimes where I need to get somewhere and my muscles don't work correctly, like everything is seized up and it takes great effort to move. But yet I can fly in almost every dream. Just barely though. It takes a lot of effort to pull my feet up off the ground.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by SaigonRE View Post
    Anyone else ever have a dream where they get behind the wheel of a car, but as their dream-self quickly becomes disoriented and cannot see/comprehend hardly anything? This happens to me virtually every single time I'm in a card when I dream, yet I can drive just fine in real life and have for years. Could it be that there is simply too much information for the subconscious mind to process? Or perhaps that because the ability to drive a car is a learned one and not innate, that your subconscious doesn't know what to do?

Anyone else unable to successfully drive a car while dreaming?
    Dreams are very personal and need to be analyzed by the dreamer to achieve the deepest levels of understanding. Remember when analyzing your dreams, it usually isn't the people or things you see that matter, but the objects or relationships they represent. Dreams are also a reflection of the thoughts you have while awake. There isn't a lot to go on here, but the way that you are disoriented / unable to see anything in the car, and that this is a recurring dream, suggests that you are relying too heavily on external sources for information (i.e. looking up answers on the internet), or that you are unsure about the direction your life is taking. You may be putting others' expectations above your own.
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!

10+ Year Old Account
    last night i dreamt i went shopping for food and got the wrong items. i then did a cliche NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I can't drive in my dreams either! Mostly because I can't in real life!

:/

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Last time I drove in my dream the car was going over the bridge railing into the bay...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

I can drive cars in my dreams but I don't have any physical strength if I want to punch someone/something. I focus all my strenght into my fist(s) (well atleast I try) but as soon as I land a hit I notice that it was weak and powerless. It's almost as I don't have any muscles in my arms or I'm unable to tense them in my dreams.
    but carrying heavy shit is easy -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SaigonRE View Post
    Anyone else ever have a dream where they get behind the wheel of a car, but as their dream-self quickly becomes disoriented and cannot see/comprehend hardly anything? This happens to me virtually every single time I'm in a card when I dream, yet I can drive just fine in real life and have for years. Could it be that there is simply too much information for the subconscious mind to process? Or perhaps that because the ability to drive a car is a learned one and not innate, that your subconscious doesn't know what to do?

Anyone else unable to successfully drive a car while dreaming?
    Couple of nights ago I was dreaming about driving down a motorway in moderate traffic and it was can't see a thing foggy. I was also only using one foot and one hand to drive as I was drinking some coffee (uk btw, lol US automatics) but was coping ok , when suddenly out of the gloom a huge pileup appeared before me. Handbrake turn and flashy lights to the dudes behind me saved the day for everything following me.
    Reinforced my knowledge that I was pretty awesome.

Deleted
    Are you a woman in your dreams?

I'm busy keeping the demons away, ain't got time for any driving.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't punch/hit people in my dreams, even if they're attacking me. If I try to hit someone it's as if time slows down to 1/5 the speed and any hit is like a wimpy wet noodle. Everything else mostly functions properly and I can usually fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I have a black bear follow me around in every dream. Black bears aren't even my favorite animal.

/shrug
    You know, dreams aren't just random pictures. There's a reason you see what you see in your dreams. Not always a logical reason, but a reason no less

i keep having dreams where im trying to drive from the passenger seat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Y'all got any of those dreams you want to give me?

I haven't had (Or well remembered) a single dream for a few years now.

Sucks.
    Me neither but I do remember beeing unable to speak, it's like I try to but wake up and realize there is no point in it anymore.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I'm driving a car in dreams, after a while I'll suddenly realize I'm actually in the back seat and no one's driving the car.

Pretty obvious psychological problems there lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Idk why I'd be seeing a black bear all the time. He comes off as a guardian of mine.
    Ah, the depths of the human psyche. So interesting, the journey into your own mind, all the things you can't explain. So many people live their entire lives not understanding their own mind and behavior, everything you do and say has a reason.

Dreams in sleep are irrelevant, so I pay them little mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    I can't punch/hit people in my dreams, even if they're attacking me. If I try to hit someone it's as if time slows down to 1/5 the speed and any hit is like a wimpy wet noodle. Everything else mostly functions properly and I can usually fly.
    You have to learn how to dream fight! : P Use your elbows and grind them in to the person's face.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Another True Story View Post
    Dreams in sleep are irrelevant, so I pay them little mind.
    No they are not Better understanding your dreams is better understanding your own psyche. You calling dreams 'irrelevant' tells me that you have little or no connection to yourself and your own mind.
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2015-02-17 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's cause your brain lacks the physical feedback it uses in the real world. Like the Force of pushing off the ground when tour running or the Force of throwing a punch. The brain has trouble with driving in a dream it's feedback like feeling the car actually accelerate and decelerate.