Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Brackenspore Mythic Bow or Maidens Heroic Gun

Help please

Brackenspore Mythic Bow or Maidens Heroic Gun as survival??

bnet: Adimaru #2805

With the stat weights of my character, heroic Maiden's is a tad better than mythic Brackenspore's (752.9 vs 751.7)

I would absolutely take the Heroic Maiden's gun over the Mythic Brack bow. It's only a 5 ilvl loss for over 100 multistrike, which is our bread and butter.

I would take a 20 ilvl loss for that harpoon animation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh definitely the harpoon. So, so, so sexy.

check out my hunter weak auras, click here

Quote Originally Posted by Phweak View Post
    I would take a 20 ilvl loss for that harpoon animation.
    lol, thank goodness for xmog, eh?

Sim it...... sim it........ sim it. Seriously if you have a question about what's better just sim it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Sim it...... sim it........ sim it.
    Not everyone who plays WoW has the time/dedication to sim every little item that could possibly be a stat upgrade. Sometimes it's easier to just ask someone who may have already done it.

check out my hunter weak auras, click here

Quote Originally Posted by vampiricx View Post
    Not everyone who plays WoW has the time/dedication to sim every little item that could possibly be a stat upgrade. Sometimes it's easier to just ask someone who may have already done it.
    Going on askmrrobt and changing your weapon and simming it takes at most 1 minute, and you can be sure it is an upgrade.

I sim 15 dps (yes 15) lower with the maidens gun (no wf and no socket) compared to the brack bow (no wf and no socket). However this number will change as soon as I get 4 piece. Currently have 99.36% multistrike when Lub-Dub and Balanced Fate are up. 29% with raid buffs.

Someone (Azor) has already simmed out all the stat weights including weapon dmg. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-Hunter-Guide. Specifically here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.3im3s99d0wgw

Anyone would have to do the exact same basic math (or just use pawn).

People get annoyed with these questions as well since they're frequently asked, simple to figure out yourself with stat weights, and rarely is research done otherwise you'd find the same answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daye View Post
    I sim 15 dps (yes 15) lower with the maidens gun (no wf and no socket) compared to the brack bow (no wf and no socket). However this number will change as soon as I get 4 piece. Currently have 99.36% multistrike when Lub-Dub and Balanced Fate are up. 29% with raid buffs.
    You need to post your error bars along with that number; last time I simmed with 0.01% margin of error I had a range of around ±12dps, which would put that pretty damn close to noise.

- - - Updated - - -

Then go with "higher ilvl is an upgrade" until you do have time. Remember, though, that an upgrade for me (based on rotation, current gear, my avg ilvl, etc) might be a downgrade for you.

It takes like 5-10 minutes whereas the response on this thread took almost 2 hours ...
    Last edited by deadman1; 2015-02-18 at 09:13 PM.

It takes almost no time at all.....LOL. It'll take you more time to find your way here, find a post (or make a new thread, waste of time though,) and ask the question than it is to sim for yourself. People don't live on the forums you know..

To the people jumping all over the person asking a question. Get over it. He wanted to know, and got an answer. Some people don't know how to sim. Jumping in and implying they are lazy or stupid for not simming is not productive. If you don't want to answer his question don't. Don't just come in and tell him what he should do.

Maidens Heroic Gun > Brackenspore Mythic Bow survival.
    Brackenspore Mythic Bow > Maidens Heroic Gun Marksman.

See its easy no criticizing of the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    You need to post your error bars along with that number; last time I simmed with 0.01% margin of error I had a range of around ±12dps, which would put that pretty damn close to noise.
    Yep I couldn't agree more but I'm not sure what you mean by error bars... here are pics of the report. My previous post actually was as LW. The two SS linked here represent a more typical playstyle with FS and the gap is closer to 80 dps. Parameters = 10k, 250sec, 20% vary, Good skill, Medium lag (i.e. Butcher sim)

Mythic Brackenspore Bow
    Heroic Maidens Gun

My armory link is shown on the images for reference to other gear.

Quote Originally Posted by rickhunterr View Post
    See its easy no criticizing of the poster.
    "Give a man to fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish (or shame him into spending 10 min to figure it out on his own) and he'll eat for a lifetime"... or something.

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    "Give a man to fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish (or shame him into spending 10 min to figure it out on his own) and he'll eat for a lifetime"... or something.
    In all fairness if you teach everyone to fish then there won't be anyone left to sell fish to.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    fyi - the heroic maidens launcher sims 63dps lower than my maidens mythic bow, neither is WF or with socket. This is with 2pc set. If I were to get the 4pc set (say hands, since I have one more piece in my bags), sim says that the mythic bow is only 23dps better.

Either way - mythic bow seems stronger for my current gear as SV.

Can someone sim me to confirm/disprove this?