Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    Yes but he's using a trait about a region to make such a claim. At the minimum, it's a stereotype, saying that "Republican locality did this, all Republicans+the entire South believes this is good."
    Another conservative republican front group opposing AP courses:

http://opposenewapstandards.us/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    How come when posters demand moderate Muslims denounce extremists they are called out on a fallacy, but libs can just do whatever they want right? When they say blatantly bigoted shit its for the sake of "progress" gotta love SJWs.
    Because they are actively wanting to regress their own constituencies in the sake of ideological purity and high-jacking a major political party in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Another day, another really really awesome plank republicans of all stripes are supporting by not calling out the batshits in their own party. They think AP courses don't teach "American Exceptionalism" and has ties with the conspirators of the ebil ebil gubmint program common core.

What say you? Are AP courses finally being shown as the communist infiltration of our academic institutions that we all thought all along?
    What are AP courses, for us not familiar with them?

15+ Year Old Account
    You have yet to provide evidence for how the entire south believes that this is a good thing, or that all Republicans want this. Honestly you must have selective reading.
    Colorado Republican lawmakers opposing AP courses:

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles...istory-classes

These people oppose new standards of AP testing, not AP testing altogether, nor do they want APUSH changes.
    August 4, 2014" <------------ Last year
    Also where is the evidence that they are all Republican, if Republican at all?
    Last edited by Aeno; 2015-02-17 at 09:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

15+ Year Old Account
    You have yet to provide evidence for how the entire south believes that this is a good thing, or that all Republicans want this. Honestly you must have selective reading.
    Georgia Legislature wanting AP reform:

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/arch...07569/preview/

15+ Year Old Account
    North Carolina Republicans wanting AP reform:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/11/...hear.html?rh=1

Quote Originally Posted by Another True Story View Post
    What are AP courses, for us not familiar with them?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Placement

Basically college level classes taught in high school. Since colleges are basically "liberal bastions", they want to do away with as much of that as they can.

So when do these localities eventually become 100% of the south, Daelak?
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless

15+ Year Old Account
    These people oppose new standards of AP testing, not AP testing altogether, nor do they want APUSH changes.

"
    Funding is from a 501c4 American Principles in Action

- - - Updated - - -

Because they are actively wanting to regress their own constituencies in the sake of ideological purity and high-jacking a major political party in the process.
    Yea, based off of what I just read, they are opposed to introducing a new revision of current AP classes. Though I have not had time to read to full coursework, I can completely understand and agree with the states rights to determine coursework. You liberals want government run education, you get government run education

Funding is from a 501c4 American Principles in Action
    Which must mean that every person in the south in Republican states support it.

Its Republicans in general. They want to stop being the party of stupid but yet they want to do away with classes that will teach more than the bullshit they whitewashed into their curriculum.

15+ Year Old Account
    When they control both houses in state legislatures and the governorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't think Daelak means literally all Republicans.
    Show me a republican that is publicly denouncing this bullshit. In the source it stated that South Carolina and Texas. TEXAS. The south is majority controlled by republicans. This is their agenda obviously.
    It's pretty hard not to believe it's what he means when he takes no immediate denouncement to mean all persons are guilty. -.- Especially when, again, this is sensationalized news from a locality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whats wrong with AP reform? Reform could be positive. Unless your trying and failing to make the claim everyone of the states your linking wants to do away with AP.
    What's wrong with the current curriculum for AP US History?

- - - Updated - - -

Another 501c4 funding AP "reform".

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Its Republicans in general. They want to stop being the party of stupid but yet they want to do away with classes that will teach more than the bullshit they whitewashed into their curriculum.
    Let's stop creating stereotypes from blind contempt of The Other, okay?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    Yea, based off of what I just read, they are opposed to introducing a new revision of current AP classes. Though I have not had time to read to full coursework, I can completely understand and agree with the states rights to determine coursework. You liberals want government run education, you get government run education
    No, they want to change current, and in some cases, remove AP US history because it doesn't follow their revisionism.

When they control both houses in state legislatures and the governorship.
    Localities = State legislature+Governership. I am laughing so hard right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    He wont admit to his logical fallacy. Libs also never call out there own so get ready for another red v blue thread where noone is spending any time arguing logically.
    You directly support a party that wants to whitewash American History.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yea, I'll take the whitewashed version over the bullshit spewed by libs now. And based off of the map that was posted earlier, most of America agrees