Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasciras View Post
    Crane stance is very relevant to BrF raiding, and most people atleast start the fight out with it. On maidens i'm in crane stance 60-70% of the fight, and the same goes for Hanz'gar and Franzok. You can pull some very nice numbers with it while adding 10-20k DPS which is very nice during progression.

OT: I love playing a Mistweaver, and it's probably the only healing class I've had proper fun with.
    Besides adding extra dps going crane stance lets you pool mana tea since you generate and spend much more chi unlike serpent stance. its eminence healing isnt shabby either (touch of death ftw) unlike disc priests and i actually like the crane stance concept.

but yeah it's really subjective. personally i enjoy the spec, they have very interesting niches like stellar movement and powerful aoe healing. some will agree and some will not; imo theyre very different from other healers.

Deleted
    I like it for pvp (mobility, revival, many physical-school spells).
    Pve gets old fast, it's clunky as fuck.

Yes I think so! I have played every other healer except Shaman pushing content in past expansions, and even though MW has its issues, I still have the most fun with it of any healing class I've played. When WoD came out, I had the choice between leveling Priest, Druid, and Monk to 100 and making it my main, and I chose Monk.

Deleted
    No, for me it isn't even close to fun. Hate that playstyle.

Resto Shamans, Druids and Holy Paladins suit me better, but normally I play a Warrior Tank and that might be another reason why I don't like the Mistweaver playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally love MW. It was definitely more fun in MOP but still a fun class (despite the lack of control). My only issue with monk and the reason it's not my main right now is because I don't enjoy tanking or WW that much (off specs just aren't my cup of tea which is important in my main).

i find it to be a fun healer class, but if you're new to the class and you are looking for numbers good luck.
    like everything "monk", you'll need some experience to do well. then its awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    It is a very interesting spec. Designed to be played very differently than other healers, yet expected to fufill the same role as them. This is both a good and bad thing as often raid leaders dunno what to do with us (and Blizzard too I guess).

It's actually different enough that you will learn almost nothing about other healers playing it. Channeled basic healing, DPS window opportunities for stacks of tea, two different stances with several abilities locked only to one or the other...very odd class. Very dynamic and active though, and unlike most specs there is a lot of personal choice involved on how much to Fistweave vs Mistweave depending on what you like or what your raid needs. Only one I really enjoy raiding with on a regular basis.

Not trying to dissuade you from picking it, but there is a lot to learn about it to be effective. The room for error is high with low gear levels, and 5 mans will not be friendly to you. But get past that and it starts becoming one of the most unique and (imo) fun specs in the entire game.
    Last edited by Kenai; 2015-02-21 at 07:50 AM.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

You might switch in over a year and you want people to tell you if it is something you might like, brilliant. Only way to know if it is fun is to do it yourself and nobody knows what any of the classes or specs will be like next expansion, patch, raid tier or whatever else down the line.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."