Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Quick tips for new or returning players before you start!!!

HELLO ALL!!! nice to meet you, first things first; if you are truly new to SWTOR then WELCOME! =D You will have plenty of fun here, even if this is your first mmorpg, even more so if your a big STAR WARS fan.Now to the tips: You're gonna want to set up your profile on here first, EA's got that process pretty much streamlined. When your game is downloaded you will be asked to start the launcher.

The launcher is a login screen that will update your game before you play. (Here's a tip: SWTOR is only a 32 bit game, there is no 64 bit version, and there probably never will be. SOOOOOO you should do yourself a favor and limit the launchers processes to only the first 2 cores, so that your launcher will be MUCH FASTER. If you don't know how to do that shoot me a message and I'll help you out.)

When your game is finally ready to play you should be able to select a server, I personally have only ever played on The Jedi Covenant, which is a PvE server, and I have always enjoyed the company of nice people and plenty of players.

When you get in and start playing/able to make your character you'll most likely be tempted to start out as some sort of jedi or sith class, (I.E. a force/lightsaber type class.) Although they are fun, don't let the hype of STAR WARS = Must play jedi/Sith get to you. The other classes are quite fun as well. EA/Bioware has done a fine job at balancing the classes against each other. Meaning that just because you're a jedi it doesn't mean you'll be able to beat my non-force sesitive soldier ;D.

I'll leave the choice of the final class up to you, but personally i prefer a tank soldier or in SWTOR terms Vanguard over anything else. In the end, you guys should just have fun, and good luck out there!!!! =D

BTW please use the link in my about me section, to get free goodies when you play =D (Helps me out, and you =D)

It can be slow going on your first character, but don't get overwhelmed. There are helpful online guides for all aspects of the game.

For starters, the official game forums have categories for your specific class, any crew skills (crafting) you have, and other specific aspects of the game (PvP, endgame PvE, etc.).

As for 3rd party help, Dulfy and Reddit both have SWTOR pages with all sorts of information.

If I could go back to my first toon, all of the above sources of information would help quite a bit, and I'd provably advise the following strategy:

Discover what aspect you enjoy most (solo PvE, group PvE, PvP, etc.) and optimize accordingly (join a guild that's active in that style, and save up to unlock legacy perks in that category). Oh yeah, and buy a stronghold ASAP. It's a huge improvement in resource management for a small cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Advertising is not permitted here

Closing.