Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Unhappy 6.1 adds ultra rare mount

After watching the video and hearing this is this gonna be another version of the time lost proto drake

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly. There's a Scenario tied to it.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=179523/...talon-scenario
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

camel fig 2.0 is my bet.

Yea...... I never got that camel because its dumb. So hopefully not like that.

There also is http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=90041/the-last-voidtalon

If I had to guess, I would guess it either is from the void area in the daily quest zone with the Shadowmoon orcs or is a world boss which drops it which you summon at your Garrison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    these kind of mounts are horrible. I really despice this shit. Would gladly gold-cap those on bmah if they ever appeared there.

This design is just so wrong.

-Promotes unhealthy habits of camping 12hr+ non stop, forgetting how to use a toilet
    -Holds your character hostage, you can't do anything during this wait
    -The npcs have big variance on spawn timer so you may waste 12+ hr of your life and still be far off the spawn time
    -You might not even manage to tag the bastard even if he does spawn

Well, fuck that shit, I'm out of this. Got poundifst mount only because it happened to spawn when i was leveling an alt in gorgrond. What saddens me more is that WoD has SEVEN of those fucking retarded rare spawn mounts. Like literally, the worst designed rare items in the game. They're not expensive, they're not challenging to get, they're not tied to difficult achievement. All you have to do is to have no life and no respect for your free time (if you can afford to stare on static scenery for 12+ hours straight)

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    these kind of mounts are horrible. I really despice this shit. Would gladly gold-cap those on bmah if they ever appeared there.

-Promotes unhealthy habits of camping 12hr+ non stop, forgetting how to use a toilet
    -The npcs have big variance on spawn timer so you may waste 12+ hr of your life and still be far off the spawn time

Well, fuck that shit, I'm out of this. Got poundifst mount only because it happened to spawn when i was leveling an alt in gorgrond. What saddens me more is that WoD has SEVEN of those fucking retarded rare spawn mounts. Like literally, the worst designed rare items in the game. They're not expensive, they're not challenging to get, they're not tied to difficult achievement. All you have to do is to have no life and no respect for your free time (if you can afford to stare on static scenery for 12+ hours straight)
    gonna have to agree, the WoD rare spawn mounts are cool but basically die instantly, they should at least be as hard as sha of anger was

Completely agree. I haven't even bothered to camp TLPD or Aeonaxx since I sat at TLPD for hours on end only to go AFK to go to the loo and come back to a dead corpse.
    The camel figurine was a much better concept. You didn't really have to camp it, you could do a fly around and come back in a few hours and do the same since their respawns were like 4+ hours.
    I really hope it is a garrison event or possibly something to do with the legendary questline, as it does say it is a scenario, and we haven't had any scenarios yet.
    Maybe a scenario where you have to retrieve something to do with Gul'dan and get rewarded with a void talon?

As for WoD mount rares, I like the idea and the concept, but their small health pools do suck. They're still rare, I haven't seen many people with Silthide. I didn't camp for mine either, and if I did sit for a while it wasn't for a long time. Most of them I found from groups in group finder.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

No one is telling you to try to get this mount. It's just like mythic raiding, no one is saying you HAVE to do this, it's entirely your choice, and if you decide to put all this extra time in, guess what? you're rewarded, shocker am I right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten TLPD and Phosphorescent Stone Drake, and I gotta say from experience camping things like this is NOT for most people. While the end result of getting something you've camped for so long is an awesome feeling, I have to agree that the goddamn time sinks are a bit much in most cases. I say instead of making every single rare spawn that drops a mount have a long ass spawn timer that rather they actually make it something difficult to achieve via your own merit. Obtaining a mount from something that dishes out tough mechanics can be just as rewarding imo.

Do something similar to how hunters obtain Gara, set up a bunch of minor (difficult obviously) requirements which ultimately leads up to a final epic showdown. Granted getting Gara is easy, but you get what I mean.
    Last edited by Suikoden; 2015-02-18 at 06:15 AM.

Gotta agree here, I know no one is forcing me to do these things, but my god, the tedium and awkwardness of these types of mounts isn't gameplay, it's just sit about and do nothing and pray you get lucky, I haven't the time or inclination to just sit and camp these rares, there is nothing interesting or fun in sitting alt tabbed for hours on end. I really wish they would make these kinds of mounts more interactive and interesting, welp I know I won't be the owner of these mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    No one is telling you to try to get this mount. It's just like mythic raiding, no one is saying you HAVE to do this, it's entirely your choice, and if you decide to put all this extra time in, guess what? you're rewarded, shocker am I right?
    Nah, its still complete shit and I got TLPD and Aeonaxx (and some of the WoD mounts) while they were relevant. Its 2015, make a fun quest/event/month-long chain out of these things and not relics of EverQuest from back in 1999/2000.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Most people I know who have those rare mounts got them not from camping but just from happening to be passing through the area when they spawned.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    It's just like mythic raiding, no one is saying you HAVE to do this
    ah, well then you havent seen all the people who argue against "nothing to do" with "have you beaten mythic yet?"

- - - Updated - - -

personally id love to see it as part of a scenario as others have mentioned, perhaps similar to the troves of the thunder king. make your way through a void maze with a time limit, finding chests of loot (such as gold, mats, and other bits), and if you're lucky, you can find, kill, and loot this guy before time runs out.

Deleted
    So what is the mount ?

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is telling you to do anything at all in the game. This doesn't prevent said design to be utter shit. I agree with Esubane; there are more fun and interesting ways to get things (Winterspring Frostsaber, Gara). There's no excuse to carry on with promoting endless grinding and "no one forces you" is no longer an argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    So what is the mount ?
    Voidtalon of the Dark Star

Deleted
    Pretty much bullshit to compare it to mythic raiding, as mythic raiding is guaranteed. If not now so later on when you overgear it.

With things like TLPD you can camp it for years and still never get it due to other people in the area. Fuck CRZ crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    a re-colour of the firelands ground mount does not seem very 'ultra rare' to me. you would think they could at least make it an original mount for this.

oh wait, if they did, then it would be on the store for $30. oh wait, the next store mount is a re-coloured cat mount.. shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Nah, its still complete shit and I got TLPD and Aeonaxx (and some of the WoD mounts) while they were relevant. Its 2015, make a fun quest/event/month-long chain out of these things and not relics of EverQuest from back in 1999/2000.
    There are an abundance of trivial to get mounts in a variety of ways.

Is it that much to ask that there's ONE rare mount per expansion that's a "relic of Everquest", because I enjoy those. If you don't, can't you live with one mount less? I know there are things that I don't enjoy going after, and I don't have them. I don't demand the game be changed because I can't be bothered to farm dino bones or Horridon each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    Pretty much bullshit to compare it to mythic raiding, as mythic raiding is guaranteed. If not now so later on when you overgear it.

With things like TLPD you can camp it for years and still never get it due to other people in the area. Fuck CRZ crap.
    Some people will never do Mythic Raiding or PVP - for those people they may as well be zero chance of getting it, that doesn't mean they can't have mounts for the people who do want to do them.

Likewise you can run Tempest Keep on multiple alts and never get Al'ar, that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Shocker, I know.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2015-02-18 at 01:58 PM.