Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Stopping a legitimate card game strategy because your super cool mid-range->max mana legendary deck doesn't work against them is just childish.

"oh no I can't get out my I-WIN cards before I'm beaten. Nerf everything and make the game slower!"
    anyone else see the irony of an "I WIN" card being used as an example of a player that cannot win with it because of game mechanics?

atm Mechwarper is as close to an "I WIN" card as you can get in this game.

I have honestly not had as much trouble with mechwarpers as everyone is implying.

They are too strong, IMO making them 2/2 would be fine. At the moment 3 HP makes them a safe drop in the early game, hell even if you have no other mechs it's strong value on its own. At 2/2 you would stand a strong chance of it being removed next round so you'd play it more conservatively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think the deck is the problem, its the amount of people using it... like mech mages. Its alright to come across a few but 4 games in a row? People will find ONE deck and all of a sudden its the ONLY deck to use until a new one comes along. People need to be a bit more diverse! Most of the time I feel like I am playing the same person again and again, feels sheepish!
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Card games have never been 100% fair, it's part of the genre and you can't change it as "luck" is 50% of the entire game.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's called Aggro it's been aggro for years. But, from a design standpoint it's probably never not going to be aggro dominated, this is because of two reasons attacker advantage and no instants. In Magic aggro is held back by strong blockers like Courser of Kruphix and strong instantaneous removal such as lightning bolt, Hearthstone's removal is on average highly inefficient and ineffective against the power of the good aggro creatures (with most AoE removal being highly random or very expensive). Without the consistency present in Magic control is in a really odd place in Hearthstone, which is shown massively in the control Warrior play style (which is more not die than control).

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    It's called Aggro it's been aggro for years. But, from a design standpoint it's probably never not going to be aggro dominated, this is because of two reasons attacker advantage and no instants. In Magic aggro is held back by strong blockers like Courser of Kruphix and strong instantaneous removal such as lightning bolt, Hearthstone's removal is on average highly inefficient and ineffective against the power of the good aggro creatures (with most AoE removal being highly random or very expensive). Without the consistency present in Magic control is in a really odd place in Hearthstone, which is shown massively in the control Warrior play style (which is more not die than control).
    It can be easily fixed though, you just make key aggro cards weaker to increase the chance of running out of steam by midgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    well, if blizzard stopped designing overbudgeted 2drops and adjusted the ones that got out of hand with new cards and actually introduced neutral antiaggro cards, it wouldnt be as bad. we dont have new "sludge belcher" in gvg, but we got multiple "undertakers," we really lack neutral instanteous effects against board and we lack tech cards against mech (but going by the the gvg anti DR cards, we will get some in a couple of months... they will just suck) while aggro has cheap options against sticky or threatening minions (owl or class cards like hunters mark.) Also they started introducing cards that punish you for having a big hand (the new giant. its not played, but only because control is almost nonexistent, if we saw more control wars and handlocks on the other hand...) but no cards to punish you for unloading your whole hand etc.

It feels to me like they design most of the stuff to promote aggro, but very little for other playstyles...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    It feels to me like they design most of the stuff to promote aggro, but very little for other playstyles...
    Yeah, the best aggro and combo decks get nerfed and literally 90% of the tournament meta is control and midrage, these things also indicate to me that the game is biased in favor of aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I play priest control. I find Rush decks to be some of the easiest decks to play against.
    classes that can't recover health have a very hard time against rush because they will eventually just blow you out when you're low regardless of the board state. it's easy for priest because they have to continue the pressure to be able to actually finish you off.

warriors are also good at this (but their cards just suck in general much more than priest), and to a lesser extent paladin with their efficient (and good) healing cards

I think in practice this wouldn't change much other than denying the inevitable an extra turn.

Deleted
    Play a deck that counters your current meta and stop whining. Boom, there is your solution

I'm not finding that decks are beating me by being too fast, I find when I lose it is more often because their big cards are more powerful than mine. The solution for me was to replace some of my low mana cards with more powerful high mana cards.

This simultaneously also gives me a better chance to be competitive with hand locks as I can often counter an 8/8 and move on. With bigger cards it costs me 2 cards to take one out rather than 3, and that often makes a HUGE difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    we dont have new "sludge belcher" in gvg
    IMO if they ever finally fix aggro they should nerf Sludgy. He's a bandaid at the moment, and having one taunt card that everyone takes when they want taunts is bad design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Play a deck that counters your current meta and stop whining. Boom, there is your solution
    Playing counters is not a solution to bad balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    I see this answer so often. Its so stupid. It says 3 things:

1.Play Fotm and faceroll
    2.Be forced to plas Anti-Fotm to not get facerolled
    3.Play everything else (majority of the game) and learn to have fun with your playstyle while losing.

10+ Year Old Account
    why do you think they added so many RNG proc effect cards in GvG?

it's to make the game more random & luck based.
    Hi

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    One of the appealing features of Hearthstone to many people is that the games are quick, so you can, say, play a couple of games in your break in the afternoon. Making games longer will likely make them more strategic, but also repel the people interested in fast and unpredictable games.

Also, I've yet to see a single rushing deck that can't be easily held with a proper deck. While there are definitely cheesy games out there, ultimately a well built deck will grant you an advantage over a rusher relying only on your unlucky draft.
    i think, and maybe that's just me, hearthstone should be a strategic game.
    I don't deny rush face is a valid game style, but i consider being the same as the cheese tactics in starcraft 2 like cannon rush, 6 pool zerg, proxy barrack, dark templar rush.

Except, in starcraft 2, blizzard designed the game that you can counter those cheese, if you can scout and generally are a good player. my opinion is hearthstone is more fun played a strategic mind game, playing around card your opponent may or may not have.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2015-02-25 at 02:34 PM.