Another Help My Holy Thread...

Hi All,

I hate to be the guy that is asking for help. I have read through everyone's posts for suggestions and felt like I could figure out what I'm doing wrong without asking for assistance, but alas I am not able to.

Here is my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Krevel/simple

Here are my logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...m/healingDone/

Choices:
    -I went with SoL over solace because I enjoy the style more. I only had mana issues on Maiden fight, and since added another spirit ring and cloak, so when I did heroic BRF I didn't have any fights where it became an issue (we forgot to setup logs for today's raid).
    -I am Holy for the group because we have a disc priest, a shammy, druid, and pally.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coro View Post
    Hi All,

I hate to be the guy that is asking for help. I have read through everyone's posts for suggestions and felt like I could figure out what I'm doing wrong without asking for assistance, but alas I am not able to.

Here is my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Krevel/simple

Here are my logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...m/healingDone/

Choices:
    -I went with SoL over solace because I enjoy the style more. I only had mana issues on Maiden fight, and since added another spirit ring and cloak, so when I did heroic BRF I didn't have any fights where it became an issue (we forgot to setup logs for today's raid).
    -I am Holy for the group because we have a disc priest, a shammy, druid, and pally.
    Is it possible to upload your logs to warcraftlogs? The most glaring thing I see is that the Druid that's beating you has tranqs that are roughly 3X more than your DH. Not sure if you're not using it as optimally as you should or what. I hate worldoflogs though; it's hard for me to pick out details with it.

I looked at your gruul, beast, and kromog wipe logs and from them here are my thoughts:
    -Save your bonus rolls for a weapon, a trinket, then 2/4pc tier in BRF . This will help a lot with overall healing. You lose a lot of throughput on that pvp trinket and weap.
    -Use your serendipity procs for prayer of healing or a fast heal on the tank. You let the charges you get from SoL go to waste. If you only get 1 charge, you could binding heal then prayer because it really hurts your mana to cast PoH with only 1 stack.
    -Remember to use cascade more than you currently are. It's a very efficient heal and I don't you casted it as much as you could have.
    -Not that this really matters, but learning to 'snipe heals' would help your HPS. You're entire group was overhealing a lot, which really gimps holy priests as a large percentage of their healing are from hots. Pre-cast PoH before gruul cleave then CoH right as it hits, prehot targets that will take damage soon so you can put your GCDs elsewhere.

Your biggest problem right now is overhealing, and a lack of 670+ weapon/trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Is it possible to upload your logs to warcraftlogs? The most glaring thing I see is that the Druid that's beating you has tranqs that are roughly 3X more than your DH. Not sure if you're not using it as optimally as you should or what. I hate worldoflogs though; it's hard for me to pick out details with it.
    I'm dumb. Those were today's logs. I got confused because it's past midnight now and I was looking at wrong date. Clearly it's past my bedtime. Those logs up top are the most recent.

Use your cooldowns when the raid leader tells you to use them. Cheating a 3min cd to look nicer on logs is not the answer. Kromog is probably the best fight to look at how you are doing because it will likely be the least amount of overhealing your group will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomali View Post
    I looked at your gruul, beast, and kromog wipe logs and from them here are my thoughts:
    -Save your bonus rolls for a weapon, a trinket, then 2/4pc tier in BRF . This will help a lot with overall healing. You lose a lot of throughput on that pvp trinket and weap.
    -Use your serendipity procs for prayer of healing or a fast heal on the tank. You let the charges you get from SoL go to waste. If you only get 1 charge, you could binding heal then prayer because it really hurts your mana to cast PoH with only 1 stack.
    -Remember to use cascade more than you currently are. It's a very efficient heal and I don't you casted it as much as you could have.
    -Not that this really matters, but learning to 'snipe heals' would help your HPS. You're entire group was overhealing a lot, which really gimps holy priests as a large percentage of their healing are from hots. Pre-cast PoH before gruul cleave then CoH right as it hits, prehot targets that will take damage soon so you can put your GCDs elsewhere.

Your biggest problem right now is overhealing, and a lack of 670+ weapon/trinket.
    Thanks! I was basically just bonus rolling for anything with tier gear. I figured trink and wep (and robes) were going to hurt me a bit, but I'm so much lower than I expected. Thinking back at it, you're right I wasn't using PoH much at all.

I just downloaded weak auras, trying to figure out how to get Mack's script to work right, I'm sure it's user error since I've never used it before (just tried a pug with it and only cascade and SoL was working).

Didn't even think to pre-cast PoH with Gruul. Again, I haven't been using this and that's probably my biggest HPS loss.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomali View Post
    Use your cooldowns when the raid leader tells you to use them. Cheating a 3min cd to look nicer on logs is not the answer. Kromog is probably the best fight to look at how you are doing because it will likely be the least amount of overhealing your group will have.
    I'm not saying you shouldn't. I'm saying he's 800k to 2 million behind from that alone before he starts soul searching.

PoH is very mana taxing, so it will take a bit to get used to. But if you are not having mana troubles, this is definitely a place to spend excess mana. I would only cast 2 serendipity stack PoHs thought because it is so taxing.

I would focus on a weapon before tier gear even. Roll on whatever bosses drop a weapon. The bonus spellpower will basically just increase all of your healing by a non-marginal percentage. If you have the gold for the 640 spirit trinket, that could be a viable replacement, and you could upgrade it based on the gold/savage bloods you have .

- - - Updated - - -

Divine Hymn is not equal in healing to Tranq even if they both did not overheal. Tranq is inherently better and will always heal for more.
    Divine Hymn gives the rest of your group a 10% healing buff for the cast, and a few seconds after. That part isn't seen on the meters though.

Deleted
    Well, you cast too few renews, they generally should be your top healing, not CoH. And you cast too many flash heals, and I mean hardcast, not procs. Also you generally forget to use serendipity buffs. Remember, double serendipity heal is a cheaper flash heal.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Well, you cast too few renews, they generally should be your top healing, not CoH. And you cast too many flash heals, and I mean hardcast, not procs. Also you generally forget to use serendipity buffs. Remember, double serendipity heal is a cheaper flash heal.
    I think his Renew casts are ok, CoH is just better at sniping and all of the healers in those logs are overhealing quite a bit which is why it's higher. Agreed on the rest. Looking at the number of hits on DH vs Tranq tho, I still think that's where he's getting screwed. Using 2X Serendipity heals instead of flash heals aren't going to affect HPS at all, only HPM which he said was only a problem on 1 fight. Bringing 1 less healer will help him more than anything. I would suggest switching from Power Infusion to ToF since it's typically better for Holy, but I don't think it would proc much.

I think his Renew casts are ok, CoH is just better at sniping and all of the healers in those logs are overhealing quite a bit which is why it's higher. Agreed on the rest. Looking at the number of hits on DH vs Tranq tho, I still think that's where he's getting screwed. Using 2X Serendipity heals instead of flash heals aren't going to affect HPS at all, only HPM which he said was only a problem on 1 fight. Bringing 1 less healer will help him more than anything. I would suggest switching from Power Infusion to ToF since it's typically better for Holy, but I don't think it would proc much.
    Thanks, again! I switched to ToF so we'll see how that goes. It'll probably proc quite a bit actually considering that my Lightwell is always down that means guys get below 50% they just bounce back up quite a bit. I'll give that a shot.

We had a big discussion prior to me typing up this post how healers aren't communicating their cool downs, so it makes sense that he's doing a lot more tranquility (I usually save mine until called out or if I've noticed no other CDs are being used). That's something we are working on as a group.

I went with the Winged Hourglass and installed WeakAuras to help me keep track of everything, we'll see how it goes tonight. We're doing BRF normal tonight to fly through bosses for tier gear so I'll get a pretty good idea on if these changes helped. I truly appreciate all the feedback so far!