Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    New raid tier will be in 6.2, not doubt about that. Whether it is the last tier or not I don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    New raid tier will be in 6.2, not doubt about that. Whether it is the last tier or not I don't know.
    What makes you say there is no doubt about that?

Deleted
    "Future Content - The team is hard at work on much more sizable and proper content patches that will be coming in the future."
    I laughed harder than I should when I read that!
    I am closely following mmo-champion (1-2 times per week) to see updates about WoW and it's pathetic state, I've played and enjoyed quite a lot MoP, where the launch had tons of content, 5.1 gave us a nice questing hub, 5.2 gave us tons and tons with the Thunder Isle and the amazing Throne of Thunder, 5.3 was just a little nice touch (which may even have more content than 6.1) and 5.4 with the awesome SoO raid (Although, it stayed "current for way too long).
    The moment I saw WoD advertised, all I saw was glorified advertising, and the only new feature was "Garrisons", at first it sounded like a nice concept, but I held my expectations and didn't get disappointed when I saw what a boring grind it is after the first 2-3 weeks.
    As for the raid content, it's good, I can't deny that, but this "gating" serves no purpose other than to extend the expansion's life cycle, and if people think it's too much content then wth? So do you like paying for a subscription to get as little content as possible?
    I've read threads and threads in these forums saying how the "old days had so much to do" yet so many defend this "gating" because now it's too much content, yet they complain there is no content, contradicting much?
    And seeing 6.1 now, it makes me happy that I stayed unsubbed after a few months of SoO and still haven't renewed, it doesn't mean much, but at least I voted with my wallet instead of being fed with very little content. So many people lost 13 euros month after month to play SoO for 14 months, and paid 45 euros to buy an expansion that didn't give it's full content on launch, but 2.5 months later, making you pay even more euros month after month just so you would wait for it to be released.
    And the icing on the cake? 6.1, bwahahahahaha! Want more? Only 2 tiers this expansion most likely, and do you know what that means? That in 10 months or so from now, you will be paying for the same shitty treatment as this expansion's launch. Paying just to wait for the content you have already bought to unlock!
    After quitting WoW I have so much time to look after my studies and my social life, plus I have money in order to buy more meaningful things and to save for bigger goals, like a Master or a PhD, instead of giving them to the greedy company that Blizzard has become. I "try" to make myself sub in the game again, but all I see is stuff that make me want to stay unsubbed. So, no regrets, I just decided to post my opinion since I have sort of missed chatting about WoW a bit, and just reading silently haha!
    As for the topic of this thread, I really hope that 6.2 will have a raid tier AND a zone, because well, it happened in 5.2, it happened in 5.4, why not now? Let's see if their team focuses on giving quality and quantity content when it's right, or if they will do their best to release as featureless and content dry expansions as possible and try to get their money like that, gating the content, and giving the poor subscribers the illusion that it's "too much content to be played at one time!"

Not going to get caught up too much in the numbering system other than to say it'd be unlikely we'd go 4+ months without some update to the garrison campaign. They called it a "breather", but yeah, 4+ would be excessive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Does any one think its possible 6.2 wont have a raid, but maybe a lead in quest to 6.3 which would have a raid. Or do guy think 6.1 will have to last 4+ months until they churn out another raid tier. 6.1 being absolute trash would be less annoying if as proper patch with non raid content was only 2 months out.
    I would be shocked if 6.2 was as empty as 6.1. There may not be a lot of unsubbing over flight, or Karabor, but you can bet your Aunt Suzie's ashcan that raiders will drop their sub in a heartbeat if there's nothing new for two complete patches. They won't stand for it, and THAT will bring subs to 5M. Guaranteed. So they better put their lazy asses in high gear, hire more people, beg for migrant workers... or something. Cause 6.2 will make or break their Q2 numbers and will give a TON of raiders pause about staying subbed, or even returning.

I think 6.2 is tannan+ gromash raid, 6.3 filler and 6.4 bonus raid.

I could see it only adding Tanaan to set up the final raid tier. Anything and everything is possible at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    I think 6.2 is tannan+ gromash raid, 6.3 filler and 6.4 bonus raid.
    This sounds right.

And @ WoD content: it does have a ton of content, just not a whole lot of incentive to do content. Blizzard is pushing people into raids, but at the cost of playing other content. The dailies are actually mildly enjoyable, but not enjoyable enough to do them for no reward when you COULD be playing BRF (which is amazing).

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    People didn't just stand around in the shrine in Pandaria, they actually went out because there was stuff to do.
    Perhaps in the start when dailies gave gear that could be an upgrade. But cmon, how many do you actually bothered going out and farm daily quests etc? Of course when the Isle of Free Epics came, some people started to camp there, to be sure they didn't miss a spawn for that mount I totally forgot the name off.

I still saw the cities being full. After the LF tool got implied, people have been lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Nothing is impossible with Blizzard, they are cutting more and more corners every patch, but I think 6.2 will have - *cough*, well, start - a raid tier.
    I agree with this post for the most part.
    6.2 will "start" a new tier but it will be so heavily fucking gated that people might get confused and actually think the last boss of that tier actually comes with 6.3. With LFR for that tier actually being released sometime in 2016.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I'm still curious as to why Blizzard feels they could only have 2 tiers this expansion - why, exactly, do they feel like they're under some kind of time constraint? Why not add in a third tier after 6.2? Why not hold off on Tanaan for Farahlon and what have you?

I can only guess that they're pushing to get another expansion out pretty quickly, so they want WoD over and done with sooner rather than later. But there again... who says they can't hold off on the next expansion to put more in this one?
    It seems clear they will aim for as close to a yearly xpack as possible. Less content, higher box price, more revenue.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

15+ Year Old Account
    If 6.2 pops on the PTR next week and sits there for a month it wouldn't need a raid. We have at least 3 months left in BRF to make the 6 month delay between raids. 5 months if they start the timer on BRF release. So it would make perfect sense to release a full content patch minus the raid next.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Had to log in just to LOL at that idiotic comment.

For the one of the biggest expansions in WoW, I'm amazed at how many people insist there is no new content.

But for someone to come along and say it removed content.... oh dear.
    I was just joking. I'm enjoying WoD very much and am with you on that topic. Just making fun of the clueless people who pop up in every thread with that comment. Was hoping me saying it early would avoid it happening for real, but I suppose it went the opposite direction!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    It seems clear they will aim for as close to a yearly xpack as possible. Less content, higher box price, more revenue.
    If that speculation proves true Im not going to be staying around, as I wouldn't feel I'd be getting good value for money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Perhaps in the start when dailies gave gear that could be an upgrade. But cmon, how many do you actually bothered going out and farm daily quests etc? Of course when the Isle of Free Epics came, some people started to camp there, to be sure they didn't miss a spawn for that mount I totally forgot the name off.

I still saw the cities being full. After the LF tool got implied, people have been lazy.
    Dailies in 5.0
    Dailies in 5.1
    Isle of Thunder in 5.2
    Battlefield Barrens in 5.3
    Timeless Isle in 5.4

WoD? Garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by -Walter- View Post
    I would be shocked if 6.2 was as empty as 6.1. There may not be a lot of unsubbing over flight, or Karabor, but you can bet your Aunt Suzie's ashcan that raiders will drop their sub in a heartbeat if there's nothing new for two complete patches. They won't stand for it, and THAT will bring subs to 5M. Guaranteed. So they better put their lazy asses in high gear, hire more people, beg for migrant workers... or something. Cause 6.2 will make or break their Q2 numbers and will give a TON of raiders pause about staying subbed, or even returning.
    A year of SoO didn't reduce subs to 5M. Even if 6.2 doesn't have a raid subs still won't go down to 5M. You might be shocked to hear this but the vast majority of players actually do a lot of other things in the game besides raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    A year of SoO didn't reduce subs to 5M. Even if 6.2 doesn't have a raid subs still won't go down to 5M. You might be shocked to hear this but the vast majority of players actually do a lot of other things in the game besides raid.
    It only reduced it to 6.8M But 6.8M in the 2nd patch of the game would be devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I was just joking. I'm enjoying WoD very much and am with you on that topic. Just making fun of the clueless people who pop up in every thread with that comment. Was hoping me saying it early would avoid it happening for real, but I suppose it went the opposite direction!
    In today's topic, everyone takes everything serious. Exhibit A-

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    What atmosphere have this game had the last 7 years? All you do is stand in your city, wait for a queue to op. Now you stand in Ashran City, or your Garrison waiting for a queue to pop. Complainers got to complain.

I bet you guys who are complaining that WoD have "no content", are the ones that complained that MoP had "too many daily quests", or the fact that a new class looking like pandas came into the game.

Again; complainers got to complain.
    Seriously, how quick people are to jump and attack jokes.

That being said, no, I loved MoP's dailies, I miss them very much. So stop assuming.

6.2 brings instagram to WoW!

I find it funny that people are attacking 6.2 right now. Yes, yes, fresh content is relatively sparse since they blew their load on release and gated the content in such a way that the content was both relatively unused and yet perceived as stale at the same time, but the relatively light 6.1 and the strength of BRF says to me that 6.2 is probably going to have the greatest raid tier of all time, since they've had so long to work on it and haven't been distracted by having to put out sizable casual content patches. BRF is amazing and I'd bet big money that Iron Citadel is even better.