Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Shouldn't hold people to their SimulationCraft averages. What you've got to do is check your quartiles.

I'm around 670 iLevel.

I'd give players another 500 DPS leeway at least for latency etc. On any given attempt someone would have to be pretty low to call definite underperformance. Over many fights it's much easier to tell, but it helps to be able to tell how much, and to be aware of the natural variations in the DPS spread.

All of that said, Ret can live up to its sim numbers pretty easily once you're hitting your abilities in the right order, stocking holy power when possible and filling as many empty GCDs as possible with Divine Storm procs.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    His mastery does seem a little low for his ilevel which won't help. Some of your strats seem a bit detrimental as well, having the whole group move together on gruul etc, we just spread for the petrify and stack again straight away. Melee can just strafe around the boss and keep dps uptime to 99%. You can't expect melee to do competitive numbers when you are actively preventing them from dpsing the boss/adds.

To optimise his dps he will need to change spec's on a boss by boss basis until he gets his 4 piece as well. Running DP/FV has given me a huge damage boost on anything with more than one target.

I have seen players like him before and he may just be uncomfortable with playing melee/paladin. He may also be a clicker (or even a keyboard turner) which would account for the low dps on periods where he is moving a lot.
    Last edited by Splatter; 2015-02-20 at 12:46 AM.

I feel that this may be a bit debatable I am in a situation where I have two rets in my guild destroying me on the meters in similar gear yet they are pulling up wards of 35k to 38k or more depending on fights

Paladins Mastery is FAR too low.

I am in 676 gear, just a little bit above your Ret and I easily pull 32k with my mastery at 67% raid buff/food buff. Hand of Light should be doing 25% or more of your overall damage.

Your Ret needs to get a few crafted pieces that give mastery and get them upgraded to 670/680 come tuesday.