Question Which specs will be best for which situations in 6.1?

With the announcement 6.1 is coming out next week it's fairly safe to say there won't be any big changes between now and then, so I was just wondering as it stands at the moment which specs will be best for:

Single target

Cleave

AoE

And also which level 75, 90 and 100 talents are looking best for each spec?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Single Target: Demo - DS/GoServ - In reality with GoServ buff it is like 5% lower than live Demonbolt + has almost Hunter-grade mobility and no real RNG. Besides it's piss easy to play well, so I bet it will be ALMOST as good as DB now for most of the folks.

Cleave: Demo - DS/GoServ or Cata/GoX

AoE: Demo - Cata/GoX

EDIT - CLARIFICATION: GoX - Grimoire of Whatever will be deemed the best there.

Level 90 talent stays AD, because rest are shit, except for very specific cases maybe.

Maybe there will be some CR/GoSac popping up here and there... see no point in Affliction.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-02-18 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    GoX
    Grimoire of......X?

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Grimoire of......X?
    Synergy. How the hell do this make sense, I do not know.

So we're still looking at playing demo then, how far behind is destro?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Grimoire of......X?
    Grimoire of Whatever will be concluded to be the best with that combo.

Deleted
    yeah, Dserv+Goserv+AD seems like the way to go for fights like gruul, oregorger and prolly the schwarzenegger twins and other heavy movement fights and then prolly cata+GoSyn+AD for everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    So we're still looking at playing demo then, how far behind is destro?
    Well if sims to be believed and considering you play CR/GoSac - at single target there will be match probably, which means that Demo still wins. because CR/GoSac Destruction mobility is shit and DS Demo on the other hand is absolutely amazing and everything else - cleave and AoE is pretty much Demo win by a landslide especially with 4-pieces of tier.

IF there would be sustained AoE, CR would make sense, but in BRF there is nothing like that, there is quite a lot of burst AoE and Demo is amazing there.

So to summarize, most people will play Demo, some hipsters will play CR/GoSac Destruction and Afflction will be a dead spec for PvE.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-02-18 at 12:11 PM.

I don't see affliction remaining dead on a few fights. Rollgorger and Flamebender in particular seem like fights that affliction can shine at again. You won't take destro on these at all and though demo will pull it's weight plenty, the ability to dot and move and keep up sb:h (especially once hitting 2 piece) could be good? Unless I'm just missing something obvious, it's what I was planning on trying out.

And honestly, why take destro as second spec other than Blast Furnace? Demo seems to still be top on most fights and won't affliction beat out destro on the few you'd not play demo? I'm just actually curious what thoughts are.
    Last edited by dottdog; 2015-02-18 at 04:19 PM.

We get rid of the Dark Soul Glyph correct?

Also for Cataclysm, question would be I'ver heard Dark Soul doesn't do much with Meta/Cata applying Doom, however its good to use Dark Soul and Cata in caster form to as the application and Corruption would benefit?

Lastly, in regards to Cata, since most adds "Die" fast I'm assuming folks use Cata for those phases when Adds come out and just Caster Form Dark Soul Cata on them? (Beastlord) (Kromag)? I could see using Doom on wolves Flamebender, 1 tick, and Iron Maidens Doom Cata..

Quote Originally Posted by rap87 View Post
    We get rid of the Dark Soul Glyph correct?
    People are looking at whether or not it's beneficial to keep it so you can use it more often when reacting to 10 second trinket procs.