Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I hope Blizzard Doesn't pull a Rioter.

Don't get me wrong, i'm amazed that they release something for people who are C.Blind.

But I really don't hope that it can get abused as it does in League Of Legends by Riot Games.

Basically what the C.Blind mode does is that it adds another layer to all abilities and objects so you can easily detect them.

Which worries me that this might get abused in PvE. Could be hilarious in a way if they managed to screw up and show us the abilities before the boss even used them.

So i Really hope Blizzard knows what they are doing

No, its not a layer above all abilities and objects. Its just taking out certain wavelengths out of the color spectrum. It's not simply highlighting things or whatever, it's just color correction, EVERYTHING in the game is affected. Its more akin to playing with the Hue/Saturation of a picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critchick View Post
    Which worries me that this might get abused in PvE. Could be hilarious in a way if they managed to screw up and show us the abilities before the boss even used them.D
    You mean like DBM already does?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    It could go a step beyond that, but I wouldn't really worry. Blizzard has already shown that they can break things if they get "too good". If those options can be used to the extent of something like AVR, they'll change them.

Pretty sure that they will fix it, in case that becomes a problem. Just like they did with that one mod, which put red zones onto your screen.

But I think its just diffrent colours, not an additional layer. So switching it on might help every now and then, when they mess up the normal versions visibility (like drumru maze), but other than that should be pretty useless for non colorblind people.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    How does this get abused in lol?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    How does this get abused in lol?
    Not sure it still does, but originally the extra layers meant you could see a 'shimmer' layer when people were hiding in bushes (if I remember correctly)

Any addons that overlay information are already disallowed. If you've been playing WoW long enough you'll remember AVR and how it was basically required for raiding during ICC until Blizzard made changes to the UI code that killed it.

Blizzard won't allow any more VR overlays again.
    You just lost The Game

Any addons that overlay information are already disallowed. If you've been playing WoW long enough you'll remember AVR and how it was basically required for raiding during ICC until Blizzard made changes to the UI code that killed it.
    Except that people are using a VR overlay with Kromog.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

I remember the uproar on the use of that addon back then, although never used I always wondered what it did and never bothered looking for it. So it basically telegraphed abilities like Wildstar with a blatant colored layer?

Oddly enough blizz has been making more telegraphed moves even though not as obvious except for a few (Malice, Blackhand's smash).

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Except that people are using a VR overlay with Kromog.
    Do share a screenshot of that VR overlay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    No, its not a layer above all abilities and objects. Its just taking out certain wavelengths out of the color spectrum. It's not simply highlighting things or whatever, it's just color correction, EVERYTHING in the game is affected. Its more akin to playing with the Hue/Saturation of a picture.
    This. This is exactly what it is, and it's a very much appreciated QoL improvement for the thousands like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyzawolf View Post
    This. This is exactly what it is, and it's a very much appreciated QoL improvement for the thousands like myself.
    I'm someone that should be happy about it, but i guess i'm just mildly cblind and while I really appreciate being able to separate the yellow/green more easily, I dont like how faded the entire game looks due to the missing red :/

Quote Originally Posted by NakataVagrant View Post
    I remember the uproar on the use of that addon back then, although never used I always wondered what it did and never bothered looking for it. So it basically telegraphed abilities like Wildstar with a blatant colored layer?

Oddly enough blizz has been making more telegraphed moves even though not as obvious except for a few (Malice, Blackhand's smash).
    The UI back then allowed for addons to be able to 'write' on top of your UI, so naturally there were addons that showed danger zones in raids, and combined with DBM it could tell your raiders to move to certain locations based on what debuffs you had or whatever.

It turned raiding into 'avoid the red telegraphs, run to the green telegraphs and gg' and that wasn't cool with Blizzard. I doubt there is a functioning, 'legal' new AVR or else every guild would be all over it.
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    The UI back then allowed for addons to be able to 'write' on top of your UI, so naturally there were addons that showed danger zones in raids, and combined with DBM it could tell your raiders to move to certain locations based on what debuffs you had or whatever.

It turned raiding into 'avoid the red telegraphs, run to the green telegraphs and gg' and that wasn't cool with Blizzard. I doubt there is a functioning, 'legal' new AVR or else every guild would be all over it.

Used to be an hardcore raider back in TBC and WOTLK, thank god our raid leader didnt know that addon existed. Fist time seeing it and from what i saw in the video it sucked, no fun at all. I hate too DBM wish it would be out of the game, but it is not a game breaking as this one addon

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    I'm someone that should be happy about it, but i guess i'm just mildly cblind and while I really appreciate being able to separate the yellow/green more easily, I dont like how faded the entire game looks due to the missing red :/
    The way I understand it, they have preset modes for certain deficiencies, but it will be fully customizable. You should be able to play with the sliders until you find a setting that works.

Isn't it just a shader modifier ?

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post

this this this this this this this
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyzawolf View Post
    The way I understand it, they have preset modes for certain deficiencies, but it will be fully customizable. You should be able to play with the sliders until you find a setting that works.
    I went on the PTR to test this stuff out for roughly 3 hours. I found exactly the preset / strength that fixes my issues the most:
    I didn't know secondary stats and item levels were a different color, neither did I know that guild chat and system messages were different colors. This was kind of a shock. My other issue was about blues and purples being close in shades. Over the year, kinda learned that purple was the darker shade and went with it. The filter made the blues darker and the purples brighter. I asked a few friends and they told me that's how its supposed to be. Alright.
    So, issues were fixed! Then i opened guild roster and saw class colors. Obviously, there are class icons so its not that big of a deal but I absolutely couldn't tell Hunters and Monk apart, completely. Rogue and Druid were also a lot closer to them too (most likely due to the whole Everything Looks Faded)
    So, I felt like this would lead to a huge re-learning curve and I'm kinda trading what I cant tell apart. I guess the class thing is a non-issue with any custom class color addons.

I'm a creature of habit and most "issues" I have are innocent and do not detract from the experience, people with more severe colorblindness will probably find the feature more useful than me.

10+ Year Old Account

I miss AVR. My guild had such a hard time with Sindragosa for a while after it got banned.