Deleted

Stone of Fire a.k.a the 6.1 Alchemy trinket - Worth?

Really simple question, don't know if it has been answered already, since i am really bad at browsing forums.

Stone of Fire - Is it better than Mythic HM trinkets? Heroic BRF trinkets? Scabbard?

Answer of a trustworthy warrior very much welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sim it for your character and find out.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Honestly, this answers about 80% of the questions asked in this forum.

Deleted
    OP as fuck for CMs for Arms, good for arms and fury if you upgrade to 680 if you intend on using it for raiding, guess it could also be used for raiding too. so yes well worth if you have bad trinkets.

It looks like it is Versatility now. I was kinda excited about this trinket and went alchemy to get it, now it seems terrible.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=122604/s...eated-by-spell

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    What is simming? People go on about "oh they removed reforging because most people just went to a website and had it done for them bleh bleh bleh", and then others say to (presumably) go to a website and sim. WUT.

I want reforging back. Got excited at seeing the new trinkets in my alchemy list after finally getting the herb trader today. Then I saw versatility. Worst fucking stat in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    What is simming? People go on about "oh they removed reforging because most people just went to a website and had it done for them bleh bleh bleh", and then others say to (presumably) go to a website and sim. WUT.

I want reforging back. Got excited at seeing the new trinkets in my alchemy list after finally getting the herb trader today. Then I saw versatility. Worst fucking stat in the game.
    Because reforging and siming is the same thing. Kappa
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Quote Originally Posted by Perzeus View Post
    Really simple question, don't know if it has been answered already, since i am really bad at browsing forums.

Stone of Fire - Is it better than Mythic HM trinkets? Heroic BRF trinkets? Scabbard?

Answer of a trustworthy warrior very much welcome.
    No its awful and should be avoided. Its not better than Mythic HM nor H BRF trinkets. And no not better than scabbard

Deleted
    To answer this question once and for all

Is it better than any 680 trinket from Brf: No
    Is it better than a good timed Scabbard: No
    Is it better than the 665 versions of Brf-trinkets: Sim it
    Is it better than Tectus hc or mythic: no, nhc-> Sim it
    Is it better than Brackenspoore HC or NHC: yes, mythic->sim it.

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    Because reforging and siming is the same thing. Kappa
    For all I know it is the same thing. I don't know what simming is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    For all I know it is the same thing. I don't know what simming is.
    Simming is using SimulationCraft (a program which you download) to evaluate how much DPS you can theoretically do with a given build and set of equipment. To sim the effect of replacing one of your trinkets with the stone of fire, you would import your character into SimulationCraft, and run a simulation to see your theoretical DPS potential. Next you would manually change the ID of one your trinket slots to that of the Stone of Fire and run another simulation, comparing both results to see which is better.