Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Seems pretty dumb of him to keep it in his glovebox.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    That's retarded. Reminds me a bit of how the "zero tolerance" policies in schools go too far sometimes.

I hope the guy doesn't end up doing time over this.
    Zero tolerance goes too far each time, It's the most useless policy ever created by moron liberals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Seems pretty dumb of him to keep it in his glovebox.
    It's doesn't matter where he kept it, He is an innocent man that has done NOTHING wrong (the real nothing wrong not the one that black mothers say when their killer sons are killed by cops).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    It's doesn't matter where he kept it, He is an innocent man that has done NOTHING wrong (the real nothing wrong not the one that black mothers say when their killer sons are killed by cops).
    Well that'll be for the trial to decide. I mean if he wants to keep it as an antique or heirloom then fair enough, but I don't think there's an overlap with keeping it in your glovebox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    it's still a weapon.
    Infact its an antiquity.

So no, it shouldn't be labeled as a weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    the people of New Jersey are lucky he kept it in his glove compartment if it hadn't been lock up who knows what it would do while he's asleep it could have gone to the mall and killed a bunch of people, guns kill people!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: ok well I guess shot one person.
    Last edited by stabetha; 2015-02-18 at 10:41 PM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Infact its an antiquity.

So no, it shouldn't be labeled as a weapon.
    NJ state law says otherwise (shrug).
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

They simply screwed him out of his pension

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    If he's broken the law then surely he isn't an innocent man.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's still a weapon.
    SO it the tire iron concealed in his trunk...

15+ Year Old Account
    The judge will dismiss this in initial proceedings, you can all put your torches, pitchforks, and muskets down.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    NJ state law says otherwise (shrug).
    Didn't the OP state that weapons like this (Made before 1900) are not considered firearms in the US? I'm living in europe, so I just took it for a fact.

it's still a weapon.
    So is a baseball bat in the wrong hands.
    So is a dinner fork in the wrong hands.
    Seems there are accepted exclusions based on the age of the weapon, which is being ignored here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The judge will dismiss this in initial proceedings, you can all put your torches, pitchforks, and muskets down.
    Aww, spoilsport.
    That is the fun part of all this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't the OP state that weapons like this (Made before 1900) are not considered firearms in the US? I'm living in europe, so I just took it for a fact.
    The gun in question is a Queen Anne flintlock.

Which is a handgun, and thus requires a "Permit to Carry" under NJ law.
    http://cd.textfiles.com/group42/WEAPONS/LAWS/NJ.HTM
    "It is unlawful to knowingly possess any handgun, including any antique handgun, without first having obtained a Permit to Carry."

Note that there are exceptions for antique rifles, but NOT for antique handguns.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Welp, unfortunate.

But seriously, those things should get changed. The man probably couldn't properly load it, yet fire it I assume.

To put him into jail for it, would be stupid and dense.

Deleted
    it's still a weapon.
    So, is your finger.

That gun likely takes 10 minutes to load per "bullet", assuming you could even find a bullet (and powder?) to load it with.

Plus its owner is an ancient old man who would likely die in prison no matter the sentence.

I'm European, so unsurprisingly I have lifelong aversion to anything even remotely resembling a gun outside of specific sports, as well as Fox News, but even I could see this case is so insane that it deserves front page news in every media outlet as well as every national politician's desk.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2015-02-18 at 11:09 PM.

Three words that should have cought your attention here.....

Fox, news and COULD

You can be absolutely certain that when even Fox can't get themselves to word it stronger than "could" this is absolute BS.

This is probably one of those cases when a police officer has no other option than to report it, if he wants to keep his job. Someone higher up with a bit more authority will then throw it out. Just a chain of command issue and yes, they can sometimes look really stupid. Happens a hundred times every day in every country on the planet...only this clown was dumb enough to call a lawyer and Fox News.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, unfortunate.

But seriously, those things should get changed. The man probably couldn't properly load it, yet fire it I assume.

To put him into jail for it, would be stupid and dense.
    Often the best way to get stupid laws fixed is to enforce them.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold II View Post

That's how the revolution was won, didn't you know. Common core really has fucked up education.
    Finally a historic account ! That nearly made me hyperventilate though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Often the best way to get stupid laws fixed is to enforce them.
    Often they fall into disuse then just get repealed when they get around to it, which is preferable to some old bloke having to deal with the grief of a court case, as only lawyers tend to benefit from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Often they fall into disuse then just get repealed when they get around to it, which is preferable to some old bloke having to deal with the grief of a court case, as only lawyers tend to benefit from that.
    Law in question (I linked it earlier) is from 1994.

-Kujako-