10+ Year Old Account

Ahn-Kahet question

Who is this guy? Anyone know? Some of those nerubians looks like worshippin something or pray to someone? Came around this thousands of time but never wonder who is this statue.

Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    They're likely Undead Nerubians channeling the magical energy (probably similar to what Prince Taldaram was doing) in Ahn'kahet.

It would be odd for them to be worshiping Yogg-saron along with the Twilight's Hammer due to them effectively being Atheists, and them being live Nerubians isn't particularly likely due to the Scourge presence throughout the instance.
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2015-02-19 at 08:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scroll a bit to the right of the pic. I mean the big guys statue not the nerubians.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    perhaps a statue of a previous Nerubian Queen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

An Old God that created the Nerubians?
    Or some phophet of said Old God

(assuming those are living nerubians and not scourge ones)

Was it Yogg-Saron that created the Nerubians or was it some other Old God....usually Old Gods take 'bugs' and mold them to do their bidding (Qiraji, Thoses wasps from Pandaria and I believe there was one more example, but I forgot)
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Probably an easter-egg -- it looks a little like a Starcraft 2 Hydralisk with additional appendages.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Just a statue of some random Nerubian.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    An Old God that created the Nerubians?
    Or some phophet of said Old God

(assuming those are living nerubians and not scourge ones)

Was it Yogg-Saron that created the Nerubians or was it some other Old God....usually Old Gods take 'bugs' and mold them to do their bidding (Qiraji, Thoses wasps from Pandaria and I believe there was one more example, but I forgot)
    All of the insectoid races in warcraft (the Qiraji, Nerubians, and Mantid) all originate from a single race known as the Aqir, though it seems that depending on location, they appear to have been influenced differently by different old gods. The Qiraji were formed by C'thun, and the Mantid by Y'sharraj, so it's assumeable that the Nerubians are from Yogg Saron. It seems he lost control of them long before the fall of the Nerubian Empire, as the remnents are at war with both Yogg Saron and the Scourge.

Most likely Nerubian version of Mantid Empress/Emperor, both races are descendants of the same race after all, the Aqir.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a Nerubian Vizer IE the spellcaster nerubians, they gained a lot of power after the Lich King fought against the Nerubians and slew Anub'arak, i'm assuming there's a high priest Vizer, as is normal with spellcasting cults.

Probably an Elder or something, in the same way the Klaxxi had their giant Mantid Oracles (the ones who got blown up) these might just be their Northrend variety.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no lore that identifies the subject of the statue - the idea that it is an image of an actual aqir is my favorite theory though.

Good catch, I don't remember anyone mentioning this on the forum even if there were 6 years already from the release of that dungeon.

With the lore of MoP, I would say it it equivalent of mantid's empress - however the concept of mantid didn't exist back in wotlk, so it's unlikely a never-before-mentioned-queen-of-nerubians was Blizzard's intention.

The statue is obviously old, as old as Nerubian Empire, so certainly it predates the Scourge. The only known power present in Northrend before Scourge was Yogg-Saron and Titans - both certainly NOT being presented by this statue.

My guess would be that the statue actually presents nobody specific - you can see the exact same statue far in the background, and a similarly looking platform indicating the third one hidden from view far away. They probably posed a role of "intimidating sight", same as statues before Stormwind or Mogu'shan vault (first 2 that came to my mind). What race is presented however, as it certainly isn't Nerubian? I guess Aqir is indeed a best guess

Deleted
    Think this was going to part of the actual Azjol-Nerub zone/raid. They already developed a lot of it. I think Azjol-Nerub/Ahn'kahet were a lot bigger than the dungeons, they developed more than what was accessible in the game. Or at least the background decoration was "explorable". There should be videos on youtube.

Here

I think it's just random decor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's no lore that identifies the subject of the statue - the idea that it is an image of an actual aqir is my favorite theory though.
    Doubtful, seems just like a stylized Vizier nerubian, plus I think Aqir would probably be something like Locusts, Ants, Sea Scorpions, or something anyway.
    Twas brillig

It's nice to overthink these things (where's the missing titan watcher, etc)... but don't forget the Great Gundrak Letdown from WotLK.

Everyone was theorizing like crazy about what that giant snake tail could imply. Some brief view of the final boss of the cancelled Gundrak raid? Was the final boss Hakkar, now reborn and gargantuan in size? etc. Specualation was RIFE. When asked years later at a Blizzcon, the devs just admitted that they threw it in because "it looked cool".

That's what this statue is. It's a statue. They put it in because it looks cool. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Good catch, I don't remember anyone mentioning this on the forum even if there were 6 years already from the release of that dungeon.

With the lore of MoP, I would say it it equivalent of mantid's empress - however the concept of mantid didn't exist back in wotlk, so it's unlikely a never-before-mentioned-queen-of-nerubians was Blizzard's intention.

The statue is obviously old, as old as Nerubian Empire, so certainly it predates the Scourge. The only known power present in Northrend before Scourge was Yogg-Saron and Titans - both certainly NOT being presented by this statue.

My guess would be that the statue actually presents nobody specific - you can see the exact same statue far in the background, and a similarly looking platform indicating the third one hidden from view far away. They probably posed a role of "intimidating sight", same as statues before Stormwind or Mogu'shan vault (first 2 that came to my mind). What race is presented however, as it certainly isn't Nerubian? I guess Aqir is indeed a best guess
    There was a little lore about Nerubians having a queen. You encounter one in WC3 on hard difficulty when traversing Azjol'nerub.