Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    She can also paint, tile, and patch drywall. Sounds like you need to be a little more secure in your own masculinity
    I guess we just like different things. One of the first things my girlfriend said when she moved in with me was "I know gender roles exist and I like that."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    She builds shit and repairs the deck? She changes her oil?
    I do not know any man who does those things on his own. They all pay others to do it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That stuff isn't manly. It's just stuff, no different than things we generally consider womanly. I guess I'd look at it another way: Do you want a wife who is dependent and needy or one who is independent and self-reliant? There's not really a wrong answer, I guess, but I'd imagine most people prefer partners who are their own autonomous beings.
    Obviously I don't want a woman whos needy but I grew up changing oil and doing physical work so im good at it. Its cool if she can do it too but it really doesn't bring anything to the table. Im good at all the manly stuff, shes good at the girly stuff. When I was single my dorm room in college was plain blank white walls and I ate basic foods all day. My apartment now is heavily decorated, has a scented candle burning, and we both cook awesome meals together. Although ill cook stuff like bratwurst and steak, and she makes vegetables and bakes treats. Its nice that we have our own spheres of knowledge and experience.

Well, this is all dumb. It's not feminism or equality that's causing unhappiness. More options, freedom and equality is a good thing.

It's that we've gone from one person being able to support a family, to it usually requiring two people now. These days, it's impossible for the majority of people to support a family, money-wise and time-wise. You have to choose between one working parent, and not having enough money, or two working parents, and not having enough time.

The economy hadn't improved. It has grown because we've increased the available work-force to include all women. And it has moved from option to obligation, for everyone to have a job. And yes, that means less time to have and raise children. And a more stressful life.

Were women better off? No way, not by a long shot, by current standards. To be denied freedom is never a good thing, and in any way claiming that a reversal would be in any way a good thing that won't bring a ton of misery is insane. Families however, likely were better off. And it's true a lot of happiness can be gained from a thriving family.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I do not know any man who does those things on his own. They all pay others to do it for them.
    You must live in an awful place. I live in "the country" and if you cant do this stuff, its looked down upon.

Deleted
    I guess we just like different things. One of the first things my girlfriend said when she moved in with me was "I know gender roles exist and I like that."
    In my experience, most normal women prefer traditional gender roles.

Most women want men to pay for dates, to buy things in relationships, and enjoy being supported and protected by a man.

They view men with better careers as more successful and prefer their men to be stronger, more assertive, etc

But those things are all sexist.

To all the men and women here - who spent more on valentine's day? Did any of the women here spend more on their man than their man did on them?
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2015-02-19 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I'd be over the moon if society expected me, a man, to be a stay at home dad.

Able to game when I want, Cook what I want, play with my kids and look after them and take them to school.

Man oh man.
    Fuck what society thinks Its awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    I was really trying to find something witty to say to this, this mockery of anything even close related to science. But feminism has made me so depressed, I just don't care.

I wish I could just be a good baby machine that makes cookies and cleans the house for my hardworking husband, yay!

Deleted
    You must live in an awful place. I live in "the country" and if you cant do this stuff, its looked down upon.
    I did not say that they can not, only that they don't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post

Most women want men to pay for dates, to buy things in relationships, and enjoy being supported and protected by a man.

They view men with better careers as more successful and prefer their men to be stronger, more assertive, etc

To all the men and women here - who spent more on valentine's day? Did any of the women here spend more on their man than their man did on them?
    Normality is Subjective.

Yes it is Sexist.

Fuck Valentine's Day

Any more questions?

They view men with better careers as more successful and prefer their men to be strong, confident, etc

That's what ive found too.

- - - Updated - - -

I did not say that they can not, only that they don't do it.
    Oh that's true. Ive been known to pay for an oil change every now and then too. Read your post wrong.

op.. totally agree..

since they are becoming slaves to their own "liberation", they now have to compete with those who are more physically fit to do certain jobs....amongst other things.

for the most part, women before seemed content with staying home, cooking, cleaning, and waiting for the husband to bring in the money... but i guess thats bad.... they wanted to join men in the miserable journey of daily work because it wasnt fair that all they had to do was look pretty and do as told.

seems rather nice...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see anything wrong with men and women having preferences either for or against gender roles (or a mix of both!), as long as they aren't enforced on a society level. I like traditionally masculine men, but at the same time I will be working in a non traditional role and don't like being told what I can / should and cant / shouldn't do based on my gender.

There's no line between traditional and non traditional. I find there's lots of room for mixing the two and there's plenty of guys fine with this.

Bald men earn more, so i guess i´ll have to shave my head, right?

15+ Year Old Account

Lets sum this up with some random bold texts.
    Anecdotal
    Who do not like to have economic safety as backuped additionaly along to their own contribution? You prefer that your so girlfriend make little or much money?
    I'm sure you have a study for this too, try to post one that actually backup your claim this time
    Anyone like their meat rare in here? Anyone favor red cars over yellow?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

either your social circle is filled with people that are silly rich, or live in a country where getting dirty is icky.

15+ Year Old Account
    People can be more "happy" when oppressed, simply because it limits the scope of their understanding. Humanity would probably be "happier" (higher happiness polls, less suicides, etc) in a dystopia where all negative information was extremely carefully controlled by a tiny group of people. That doesn't mean it is something we should strive for.

Was equality a bad idea?
    This is a pretty ridiculous question.

If you want to have a discussion about oppression and its relationship to happiness, then by all means go ahead, but beginning the discussion with the suggestion that some people (and only some people) deserve to be treated unequally is going to go nowhere decent.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines