Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do we really need all these threads of a random white dude's opinion on racism - aka something he doesn't experience on a day to day basis? Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    I'm sorry but if this is the best you can offer then I can say with absolute confidence that whatever racism still exists in the US it's rare, it's dying and it's dying fast.
    Of course you can - the Dunning-Kruger effect is very real, after all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    I can say with absolute confidence that whatever racism still exists in the US it's rare, it's dying and it's dying fast. .
    I live in the south and I can assure you, institutionalized racism may not be a clear picture, but racism is far from dead down here. It may not be as bad as it once was, but is still alive and kicking, that I can assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone bored at work/home and wanted a bit of drama it seems. Troll on I guess?

Looks like another coddled, middle class white (for the record, I'm white) guy basing his arguments around submitting to illegal use of force because reasons. Unfortunately for him, not all of us are petrified of change and the thought of being incorrect in our ideas and tend to express our feelings and beliefs instead of ignoring them in favor of letting some other poor schmuk deal with our issues. Alas, the life of willful chickenshittery is not for everyone.

No, slavery has not been a thing for 150 years. On the other hand, let me introduce you to a concept known as Jim Crow laws that were removed, what, a generation ago? Something something.
    PS: left wingers--you call them liberals. Liberals? They gave you food you don't test for poison, roads to drive on, laws to keep you safe, money to give you purpose, and a slew of other things. You are not a man on an island, and it'd be nice to not appear ungrateful to the people that more or less gave and are giving you everything you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I don't really care about the rest of the post, but this was funny.
    In what way is that statement wrong?

Racism is a conspiracy perpetuated by the Black Illuminati, much like sexism and the Feminist Illuminati or self-governance and Illuminati Classic™.

That statement is a bit funny, in lieu of the fact that there is often very little evidence of actual racism on a grander scale in most western societies, and yet some parties and political orientations doesn't hesitate to use "racism!" in every and all situation, as their knee-jerk response. I find it amusing that they then go "conspiracy theory!" the moment others ask for actual proof. Or well, sad and amusing, i mean isn't that what conspiracy theorists do? Want something to be true, and interprets any and all information as showing their "truth", without it actually doing so under a neutral light? That being said, racism is a problem in this day and age, of course, but a vastly exaggerated one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Blacks are more likely to be arrested for drug-related crimes (than usage proportion)
    http://www.hrw.org/en/node/81110/
    Correlation does not equal causation. Without going into many additional factors, most importantly the education level of the arrested individuals, then you cannot conclude that skin color is the primary factor.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2015-02-19 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Do we really need all these threads of a random white dude's opinion on racism - aka something he doesn't experience on a day to day basis? Didn't think so.
    Do we really need this entire forum? I think just because you don't experience something on a day to day basis doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on something. Most blacks I know don't experience racism day to day, but I wouldn't exclude their opinion on the issue.

Police arent racists, they hate everyone equally and think they R the law as if they were silvester stalone in a fuckin judge dredd costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I agree that looking at individual cases and crying "institutional racism" can be a little silly; statistical data paints a clearer picture though.

Blacks are more likely to be arrested for drug-related crimes (than usage proportion)
    http://www.hrw.org/en/node/81110/
    you do realize most drug arrest are the result of finding drugs in the process of investigating other crimes

Blacks and Latinos are more likely to be stopped and/or frisked by law enforcement
    http://www.nyclu.org/content/stop-and-frisk-data
    you go where the crime is at. should the police waste time and resources going into neighborhoods with no or very little crime and look to stop non existent crime?
    Black offenders are given longer sentences than white offenders for the same crimes
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...04463789858002
    flewed study they don't take into consideration the high amount of repeat offenders that you get longer sentencing for being a repeat offender

Blacks convicts are far less likely to get a callback for a job interview than white convicts; white convicts are give callbacks at about the same rate as blacks with no criminal record
    http://scholar.harvard.edu/files/pag.../pager_ajs.pdf
    another flawed study. does that study take into account all other aspects of traits employees look for when hiring like education and experience

There are obviously lots of factors in all of the data, but there is a very noticeable trend, and there are more examples as well.
    when you don't take into consideration all the factors when you create a study it is a flawed study and nothing of value should be concluded from that study including so called trends

- - - Updated - - -

when year after year you are told that everything that negatively effects you is because of racism you will believe that everything negative that comes your way is the result of racism when racism had nothing to do with it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Do we really need this entire forum? I think just because you don't experience something on a day to day basis doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on something. Most blacks I know don't experience racism day to day, but I wouldn't exclude their opinion on the issue.
    if I get treated like shit by a black store employee was it because that black store employee is a racist or just an asshole?
    but if a white store employee mistreats a black customer is always because of racism
    you know many times people get treated like shit by other people and race doesn't have a dam thing to do with it

I find it kind of strange that you declared the study flawed, then asked a really basic question about methodology that suggests you didn't read it.
    only way a creditable study can be made to prove why one typical person isn't hired over another is if everything is exactly equal amongst the two your comparing other then that one difference your claiming was they reason they wasn't hired
    so you show me two people that everything is exactly equal other then one trait
    that is why those type of studies are always flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    so are you implying only ones that claim they have been effected by racism are the only ones that can spot and define racism?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    only way a creditable study can be made to prove why one typical person isn't hired over another is if everything is exactly equal amongst the two your comparing other then that one difference your claiming was they reason they wasn't hired
    so you show me two people that everything is exactly equal other then one trait
    that is why those type of studies are always flawed
    The report did. On page 7.

"Each of these studies reports the similar finding that, all else equal, contact with the criminal justice system leads to worse employment opportunities."
    As usual, you didn't read and just dismissed. This is why no one takes you remotely seriously and why you were laughed out of your latest Muslim Tin-Foil Hat thread.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2015-02-20 at 12:03 AM.

The more similar you make it, the less likely it is the product of another factor, and the more times it is replicated, the less likely it is the result of random chance.
    it would be the same as trying to come to a single conclusion what all men find attractive in women you cant because every man has a different prefernce what attracts them to women

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    The report did. On page 7.

As usual, you didn't read and just dismissed. This is why no one takes you remotely seriously and why you were laughed out of your latest Muslim Tin-Foil Hat thread.
    impossible because there isn't two humans alive that every aspect of them is exactly equal other then one trait

it would be the same as trying to come to a single conclusion what all men find attractive in women you cant because every man has a different prefernce what attracts them to women

- - - Updated - - -

impossible because there isn't two humans alive that every aspect of them is equal other then one trait
    You're acting dumb on purpose now. The issue is when it comes to various employment requirements. Not literally "every human aspect" of two applicants. So stop trying to be hyper-literal in a typical and pathetic attempt to create a semantics argument. All because you were proven not to read something before you dismissed it. Try to save face less.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2015-02-20 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

impossible because there isn't two humans alive that every aspect of them is exactly equal other then one trait
    That's why they typically use fake resumes, so that the variables are controlled.

I don't live in the US so I can't comment, but in my opinion racism is far less institutionalised in most Western countries (I suppose it's particularly relevant in the US) than it was in the past, and people often confuse cultural racism with institutionalised. Not that the former isn't also important to address.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you even read the study? Do you know how to read a study? Do you even know what the goal of research in social and behavioral sciences is?

Yes, everybody is different. We know this. But when data shows a lower callback percentage for black male job seekers without a criminal background than compared to white male job seekers WITH a criminal record, it illustrates a problem.

Read the damn study. The data collection is good, the researchers have accounted for numerous independent and dependent variables, hell, they even found a round about way of double blinding this.

Please, learn how research works and how to read research before you type out some blanket dismissal simply because you do not like the conclusions of the research.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    Did you even read the study? Do you know how to read a study? Do you even know what the goal of research in social and behavioral sciences is?

Yes, everybody is different. We know this. But when data shows a lower callback percentage for black male job seekers without a criminal background than compared to white male job seekers WITH a criminal record, it illustrates a problem.

Read the damn study. The data collection is good, the researchers have accounted for numerous independent and dependent variables, hell, they even found a round about way of double blinding this.

Please, learn how research works and how to read research before you type out some blanket dismissal simply because you do not like the conclusions of the research.
    yes I read the study and the study participants had direct contact with who they was applying a job with there for that study not to be flawed they would have had to all dress the same, all have the exact same attitude, the same demeanor, filled out the application exactly the same including their hand writing, answered any question if asked exactly the same, and many many more variables that would have to be exactly the same to come to a conclusion it was one and only one variable and that was race that was the deciding factor and that is literally impossible. to many variables that would have to be exactly the same to come to that conclusion