Spriest worth leveling in PvP or PvE?

Thinking of dusting the cobwebs off of my Shadow priest. I PvP a lot, and would like to know if they're any good in that area, but of course would like to know how well they do in PvE also.
    Leveling up a mage is like being Irish: drinking, fighting, drinking, fighting, drinking, fighting.

From a pvp perspective (I don't play one btw), they are just so so. Not sure how they are 1v1 but as a rogue and DK, I can run all over them. Not sure how they are against other casters. That being said, if you have a frost mage and resto druid friend, god comp is really good. You just cc everything. From what I can tell in pve, they do pretty good single target dps but suck at aoe.

I dont do much arena and i'm not really good at it either so cant say much there. But I ALWAYS top the damage in randomg BGs and RBGs. We are really strong in battlegrounds.

Shadow priests are really strong in battlegrounds due to our ability to spread dots, CC, and pretty much guaranteed execute if your target falls below 20%. In arenas, shadows are kind of weak in that no one really wants a shadow priest unless it's a mage who can peel for the spriest. In pve, shadows are in a good place, you won't be top dps, but you won't hold your raid back.