Help us out on Heroic Beastlord

We are 2/10 (gruul and H&F) heroic and decided to tackle beastlord next. I feel like we are doing ok, but everything goes to shit in that final phase. I feel like it shouldnt be this hard. We one shot heroic gruul, so I don't think its gear. We aren't perfect on avoidable damage, but I feel like their were attempts were we did well, and we still didn't get a kill. What are we missing?

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...be=darmac-pack

WCL logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1694&wipes=1
    Last edited by Halbrium; 2015-02-19 at 04:27 PM.

Any chance you still have that log file and could upload it to Warcraftlogs? AMR is great for a viewer friendly overview but as far as digging into the big issues it's not so hot. (Though even AMR is telling you a lot of major issues if you just look at it, namely you're a smidge undergeared for average players doing the fight, your dps is low for your ilvl, conflag, savage howl, and pack beasts are all up too long and spears could certainly use some work as well). You mentioned the last phase being when things go poorly as is to be expected the only real things I can suggest for the last phase (and again you might be doing this AMR just does not allow me to look) is make sure you have a raid cooldown running for every tantrum, you're keeping all the spears as clean as you can (even ones that pin no one), and don't stand in bad, loose spread from each other and in a circle around darmac.

Sadly, you're just describing the fight to us. The final phase is where everything goes to shit. All you can do is avoid avoidable damage, blow all your cooldowns, and kill the boss before he kills you.

Are you losing tanks in the final phase? Are you losing DPS? Are you losing people to mechanics, or to slow deaths? This is the information we need that Mr.Robot does not provide.

Finally, part of your issue is likely DPS. Half of your raid is doing 25K or less. 25K should be the bare minimum for heroic BRF. You may simply be wiping because you aren't killing him fast enough.

Deleted
    You're getting hit by spears a lot. They're really not hard to avoid.

Your raid stands in the spears - that's your first problem. People need to watch their feet and move out of the white swirls - otherwise they get pinned. You holy paladin is especially bad but the fire mage is trying his hardest to be equally bad. You need to have a hunter or boomkin use Tranq Shot or Soothe to get the enrage off of the dog pet when it does savage howl. Raid as a whole is standing in too many breaths. Healers need to dispel conflag. Basically need to do the opposite of everything you're doing now

Yea for some reason WCL is down, but I should have those as well.

Lots of avoidable damage being taken. 16.1% is rather high. Rend and Tear is super easy to avoid. Your melee should be doing something they normally wouldn't do on other fights. Chase him when he jumps. This will get them away from the spot he lands back on.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest issue is taking avoidable damage. I'm not used to AMR's layout (and can't pull up warcraftlogs at work right now to try and see if you have anything uploaded there), so can't really tell what the specific issues are for your final phase, but the mechanics really need to be focused on here so your healers aren't overwhelmed. Looking specifically at pull number 8, your best attempt, your raid is taking entirely too much rend and tear damage; AMR is attributing 6 deaths to that ability. You had 11 people get pinned; that's extra damage pulled off the boss, and loss of damage from the person pinned. Superheated shrapnel seems to have caused quite a few deaths in the end; make sure people are very aware of when that ability is about to happen, that ranged are not stacking up as best they can, and moving to avoid extra hits. When he casts, he will face the direction he'll be firing, and you'll have a few seconds to react before he uses it.

Deleted
    As mentioned WCL is down which isn't helping but from my brief look at the AMR the issues basically come down to execution:

First of all spears - you have two people who are absolutely ruining this for you - Nogghan and Caldras who were hit 14 and 10 times respectively! Every time someone is caught in a spear they suddenly become a huge healer mana problem as you basically have to spam high-cost heals to keep them up in heroic. You really need to be more on the ball at avoiding these (swirly white circles on ground). One thing we found helped our ranged / healers alot was to have a tank call a countdown to these as they're about to go off. Also it's worth noting you can negate most of the spear damage (thus helping your healer mana issues) by casting Hand of Protection on whoever is pinned down.

You're killing the adds too slow - now without WCL I can't check where the raid is standing but I suspect your positioning is leading to the packbeasts either coming out and spreading everywhere across the raid, or they're taking a long time to reach your DPS stack to cleave them down. You can ALWAYS tank the boss next to where the adds spawn. While you wait for him to do wolf literally tank on that entrance. Once he's died on wolf and you want him to force Elekk just stand on the wolf spawn side and you're still right next to adds while maintaining Elekk as closest beast. Once Elekk is spawned you can again just tank him in the pack beast entrance at all times. I know beasts are small, but the longer they're up the more tank damage you take the less healer mana you have the more likely to run OOM you are.

Next one - Savage Howl average time to dispel 15.8s..... This is just appalling. You need to have your hunters on the ball to cast their enrage-dispel-shot as SOON as this goes off (get them to have a /stopcasting /cast tranq shot macro). Again this will vastly increase damage taken by tanks during wolf phase thus burning healer mana unnecessarily.

Flame Breaths - You actually seem to be ok at dodging these. There's a few people worse than everyone else who really should shape up (Chiriko Secularlol) but overall not too bad at dodging.

Conflagaration - your healers aren't dispelling this most of the time. They need to

Your rogue is doing an awful job at avoiding rend and tear and again burning healer mana. You need to ensure all melees run AWAY from the tank at the same time as the boss leaps away. The rend and tear bleed will apply to anyone in a short range from tank soon as beastlord leaps back in.

Onytzia never used a potion, lovegnmish and secularlol never used a potion during combat but did prepot (eh?) and the rest of your raid seems pretty awful at ensuring they use potions both as a pre-pot and during the fight. You really need to make it clear to people potions are required, not optional. They're something like 2g each on my AH currently so I can't see this being even a vaguely sizeable expensive. Both your tanks are awful at using potions - draenic armor potion is both a HUGE DPS boost (think was 2-3% total) and also an enormous survivability increase while up.

Your healers don't seem to be using mana potions yet you're wiping to them going OOM? Might be worth getting them to use them.

These are just what I got out of AMR, I'm sure there's a huge amount I've not noticed yet but AMR is pretty good for working out basic execution stuff. I hope it helps.

As a final note - Beastlord is not like most fights in BRF in that he doesn't allow much "slack" on the execution. Execute him right and you'll find he literally keels over, keep making multiple silly mistakes and you will just feel like you're beating your head against a brick wall.
    Last edited by mmocccd4d485ac; 2015-02-19 at 06:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I suggest anyone having problems with spears (or any of those type of mechanics) try using the VEM option for DBM. You get a nice countdown right before they drop and many people react faster to sound.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

One thing to note about your logs overall: once you are going to wipe, whoever is logging for you should use the wipe command in the AMR addon. /amr wipe - that will make your infographics a little more useful for things like DPS, HPS, etc, since it cuts off anything after that which is really "garbage data" since the fight is already messed up.

Looking at your best attempt where you got him to 6% (since that will have the best data for DPS/HPS), your raid is pretty low damage. We were having problems on this fight with healers running out of mana in the last phase and everything going bad. So, we actually changed it up and removed one healer and added a DPS and the fight went way better for us (in particular we added a DPS that could do heavy AoE to the packs). At your current gear level, healers just aren't going to make it much past 10 minutes. Six healers for a 21 person raid seems like overkill as well. I'd try it with 5 healers if I were you, and work with some of your DPS'ers to get their damage up to shorten the fight. You have a few really good players carrying some much weaker players (which is very common). Unfortunately our forthcoming tool that can help individual player performance isn't quite done yet You'll have to help them the old-fashioned way: have the raid leader yell at them to get better.

You guys aren't really doing that bad on avoidable damage overall. Others have pointed out some of your weaknesses that the infographic helps highlight for you. Shave 30 seconds off your fight and don't get pinned down and you should see a kill relatively soon.
    Mr. Robot Developer and Designer.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    would be nice if everyone used (2) pots

Quote Originally Posted by revulva View Post
    One thing to note about your logs overall: once you are going to wipe, whoever is logging for you should use the wipe command in the AMR addon. /amr wipe - that will make your infographics a little more useful for things like DPS, HPS, etc, since it cuts off anything after that which is really "garbage data" since the fight is already messed up.

Looking at your best attempt where you got him to 6% (since that will have the best data for DPS/HPS), your raid is pretty low damage. We were having problems on this fight with healers running out of mana in the last phase and everything going bad. So, we actually changed it up and removed one healer and added a DPS and the fight went way better for us (in particular we added a DPS that could do heavy AoE to the packs). At your current gear level, healers just aren't going to make it much past 10 minutes. Six healers for a 21 person raid seems like overkill as well. I'd try it with 5 healers if I were you, and work with some of your DPS'ers to get their damage up to shorten the fight. You have a few really good players carrying some much weaker players (which is very common). Unfortunately our forthcoming tool that can help individual player performance isn't quite done yet You'll have to help them the old-fashioned way: have the raid leader yell at them to get better.

You guys aren't really doing that bad on avoidable damage overall. Others have pointed out some of your weaknesses that the infographic helps highlight for you. Shave 30 seconds off your fight and don't get pinned down and you should see a kill relatively soon.
    Thanks man. We are certainly gonna try 5 healing next time.

Loving the tool by the way. Excited to see what you come up with to help players get better. I'm not an expert in every class so something like that would be very useful to a lot of people.

Have your ranged work on keeping the Heavy Spears dead. Once Dreadwing dies, the spears start to do fire damage to everyone in the raid and it's pretty heavy raid damage. If you can keep these under control and CD tantrums you'll be okay.

I looked at your hunters in particular and I see that they are quite low dmg output on the pack beasts. Tell them to watch this video and note how the hunter saves his barrage and gets some focused pooled for the beasts coming out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAEcq_zbPdo

The second the beasts are targetable they should be switching and doing multi (for the survival hunter) followed by barrage. They can also use binding shot to keep the beasts from moving so aoe/cleave can be more effective.

For a little comparison, here is Marius' damage to pack beasts compared to mine this week:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=6&target=122

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=12&target=70

If you would like to see how we do it, missunderstoodguild website