Deleted

DPS difference between specs

Hi
    Is there some DPS difference between specs calculated for BRF gear? I mean sub is hard, Assa is no brainer, so if difference is low I may do better single target in Assa than Sub since I do misstakes in it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...esults-for-WoD

It's not low, try harder, practice more, fuck bitches make money.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Adasiek View Post
    Hi
    Is there some DPS difference between specs calculated for BRF gear? I mean sub is hard, Assa is no brainer, so if difference is low I may do better single target in Assa than Sub since I do misstakes in it.
    It really depends on your gear and your talent (not talents that you choose, your innate ability). But sub is generally ahead, sin is next, and combat is third on ST. If you can play sin extremely well (and with the 2pc or 4pc t17 bonus), you can be fairly close to sub if you don't play sub as well.

To play sub well, you need:

• a centralized UI to track everything; lots of people use WeakAuras, but I use IceHUD
    • to know absolutely how to play optimally; read this and practice
    • plan at least 7s ahead; that's the duration at which you can refresh SnD and Rupt

It's worth it. Sub is miles ahead of Mut. I also think it's the most engaging and rewarding spec in the game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    It's worth it. Sub is miles ahead of Mut. I also think it's the most engaging and rewarding spec in the game right now.

It is rewarding, but imo too much complication to get out good dps.

Sub is not miles ahead of mut. Sims assume you are playing 100%. Very few can play sub at 100%. A lot more people can play mut at 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Athonel View Post
    Sub is not miles ahead of mut. Sims assume you are playing 100%. Very few can play sub at 100%. A lot more people can play mut at 100%
    It absolutely is.

Proof.

That's over a 12.5% delta. Sub is unquestionably superior.

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...esults-for-WoD

It's not low, try harder, practice more, fuck bitches make money.
    I agree with you. But! You need to take into consideration that those sims are done with a nightelf racial. And the nightelf racial is ~1700 dps above f.ex Pandaran. Taking that away the difference in BiS gear goes from ~3k dps to ~1.3k. Which while being significant, may very well be the better choice for people who have problems focusing on mechanics while playing sub.

I just think sub requires more practice and experience. For me playing Rogue for the first time this expansion(usually play a new class each expansion) sub has a bit of a learning curve but I can feel my dps increasing the more I play it. Hopefully after a few more raids using it I will get closer to optimal play. The problem for me is that I play sin very well and my dps is lower so on progress fights I have to play sin anyway to push out that extra dps. As long as I stick with it and search for more knowledge about the spec im confident that I will be performing at a pretty high level soon. The most important thing while learning sub is experience, knowledge and the hunger to learn in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    It absolutely is.

Proof.

That's over a 12.5% delta. Sub is unquestionably superior.
    Many of us feel like we could get the 30k number that the top 25% of assassin rogues get much easier than the 50% 30k that most sub rogues get. Balancing that with the fact that the best rogues in the world are going sub for single target--so sin numbers are probably deflated--sin is not a bet bet for many, maybe most, rogues. My own sub numbers were 28k for gruul, best in my raid, but totally miserable. I'll keep working on sub but I'm very sympathetic with the argument that assassin will do for most rogues.

Is Sub still focused around keeping buffs up and maximizing CDs? Does Recup still play a big part?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Texxmage View Post
    Is Sub still focused around keeping buffs up and maximizing CDs? Does Recup still play a big part?
    Yes, Yes, No.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Many of us feel like we could get the 30k number that the top 25% of assassin rogues get much easier than the 50% 30k that most sub rogues get. Balancing that with the fact that the best rogues in the world are going sub for single target--
    His last point is the main reason why there are way more sub than assass player in the top logs.

True, Sub can pull ahead of assass at top tier but it does not mean that assass is bad and cannot pull pretty strong numbers because they are not that many in logs.

Assassination is strong, but sub seem to be able to pull more if played extremely well.