Deleted

New minor cosmetic glyph for monks

Just an idea i've had for a while and i'm sure many others have as well, for blizzard to possibly add a new minor glyph for monks to alter their appearance slightly (similar to the glyph of shadow to alter the appearance for shadowform / glyph of stars for balance druids).

Maybe this monk glyph could create a jade coloured glow around the monks hands or body, haven't really had any great ideas, would just be nice as monks have the least amount of transmogrifiable gear and arguably the ugliest.

Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions for this glyph if you support it

My favourite suggestion so far is this one:

Quote Originally Posted by questmaster360 View Post

Glyph of Celestial Blessing: Your fists and weapon glow with the aura of the celestials and adds additional visual and audio flair to your attacks. Varies based on stance.

(Probably never gonna happen. But would be neat. Tiger stance would have white lightning, Crane would have red mist, etc.)
    Last edited by mmoc6a57b8ac34; 2015-02-21 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly i would love it.

Glyph of Panderen Mists : When you roll you burst into a cloud of gusting winds to your location

If you remember in the trailer Taren Zhu comes in out of cloud. i'd like to see more wind aspects kind of like hurricane strikes
    Last edited by Sickjen; 2015-02-20 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

When Rolling, you take reduced damage from falling.

Same magnitude as a Rogue's Safe Fall.

It almost makes too much sense, doesn't it?

I suppose this isn't cosmetic as per the OP's request, but it's still my most wanted minor glyph. Next one would be a minor glyph to change the colors of our abilities from Chi-Wave-green to Chi-Burst-blue.
    Last edited by Adaren; 2015-02-20 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twixtor View Post
    Honestly i would love it.

Glyph of Panderen Mists : When you roll you burst into a cloud of gusting winds to your location
    That's a great idea!

There's a few I'd like to see.

Glyph of the Closed Fist: Your equipped weaponry is not visible.

(Similar to Glyph of Jab, but makes it so you truly are fighting with your fists.)

Glyph of Celestial Blessing: Your fists and weapon glow with the aura of the celestials and adds additional visual and audio flair to your attacks. Varies based on stance.

(Probably never gonna happen. But would be neat. Tiger stance would have white lightning, Crane would have red mist, etc.)

Glyph of Subtle Wind - Your Spinning Crane Kick/Rushing Jade Wind spells maintain the same range and power, but will now appear less visually pronounced.

(Just toning them down a bit.)

Glyph of Cannonball: Jumping while in a roll will allow you to stay rolling until you land.

(Wouldn't this be fun?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaren View Post
    Next one would be a minor glyph to change the colors of our abilities from Chi-Wave-green to Chi-Burst-blue.
    This would be great, as for the reduced damage from falling when rolling, I can see a lot of people complaining about that (people will find an excuse to complain about it, probably pvp related). I for one support it though and think it's a really good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a few I'd like to see.

Glyph of the Closed Fist: Your equipped weaponry is not visible.

(Similar to Glyph of Jab, but makes it so you truly are fighting with your fists.)

Glyph of Subtle Wind - Your Spinning Crane Kick/Rushing Jade Wind spells maintain the same range and power, but will now appear less visually pronounced.

(Just toning them down a bit.)

Glyph of Cannonball: Jumping while in a roll will allow you to stay rolling until you land.

(Wouldn't this be fun?)
    I like those two, Kind of like warriors charging leave fire on the ground basically same difference. Cannonball because why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Deleted

I play windwalker and I would love to have more of an electrified look, sort of a 'thundering / lightning quick' image. Tiger stance having a white lightning effect around the fists / weapon would pretty much complete my monk. This is another really good idea.

Glyph of cannonball seems like a fun glyph for monks to mess around with, also harmless. Would like to see this added in game!

Quote Originally Posted by Cals View Post
    This would be great, as for the reduced damage from falling when rolling, I can see a lot of people complaining about that (people will find an excuse to complain about it, probably pvp related). I for one support it though and think it's a really good idea.
    It dawned on my when I was going through the game files recently and discovered that most Chi abilities have files for both colors, but only one is visible in game. Both colors look great, so it's a shame we can't choose between them.

Deleted
    This might go against the monk "fist-fighting" only theme but I would really like a minor glyph to just change all my abilities to use my weapon instead of my hands/feet.

I also really like the your guys ideas of the lightning glow theme for WW and I really think this could also be expanded to the other specs aswell.

I just want one that revert the inverted weapons positioning....

the only glyph i want to see monks get is 'glyph of self discipline'
    makes your auto attack animation your races base unarmed animation, your kick animation is races base kick animation and your fighting stance the base stance.

Only thing i want from monks. only thing at all and i will consider playing one.

not every monk lore wise needs to be pandaren trained, alot of races already had monks before pandas happened and every race has their own form of unarmed martial arts and i much prefer some races own martial arts over that copy paste kung fu crap. also i want to roleplay as something completely disassociated from pandas.

Will make monks a very unique class in that case, you could role play as a huge number of different things, like how trolls do capoeira, humans box, undead attack like ghouls do etc. would create alot more disparity between different races of monks making each feel unique, and for the ones who like their kung fu its even better! not every other damn monk is using your animations so you can feel a little more unique.

All round a great idea imo, cant see anything wrong with it personally

also i think from the start monks should have being about channeling 'power from within' which remains ambiguous and allows every race to roleplay as something different ie: undead embrace their undeath and fuel their physical power with undeadness, orcs channel their bloodlust, night elves channel their faith in elune, worgen (i know they cant be monks) embrace their savage wolfness, tauren embrace their bigness, dwarves embrace their rockyness etc etc etc

instead of something that enhances each races unique identity, we get some shit that entirely replaces it and turns you into a uniform panda. really disappointed with that to be honest.

I'd be happy just to have a glyph that rolled you to a target. I hate that they removed Clash, and watching my warrior charge bosses after movement phases while I roll right past them is obnoxious.

i think this would be an awesome idea!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of the Quick Fist - You apply a generous amount of lube to your fists before casting Fists of Fury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    the only glyph i want to see monks get is 'glyph of self discipline'
    makes your auto attack animation your races base unarmed animation, your kick animation is races base kick animation and your fighting stance the base stance.

Only thing i want from monks. only thing at all and i will consider playing one.

not every monk lore wise needs to be pandaren trained, alot of races already had monks before pandas happened and every race has their own form of unarmed martial arts and i much prefer some races own martial arts over that copy paste kung fu crap. also i want to roleplay as something completely disassociated from pandas.

Will make monks a very unique class in that case, you could role play as a huge number of different things, like how trolls do capoeira, humans box, undead attack like ghouls do etc. would create alot more disparity between different races of monks making each feel unique, and for the ones who like their kung fu its even better! not every other damn monk is using your animations so you can feel a little more unique.

All round a great idea imo, cant see anything wrong with it personally

also i think from the start monks should have being about channeling 'power from within' which remains ambiguous and allows every race to roleplay as something different ie: undead embrace their undeath and fuel their physical power with undeadness, orcs channel their bloodlust, night elves channel their faith in elune, worgen (i know they cant be monks) embrace their savage wolfness, tauren embrace their bigness, dwarves embrace their rockyness etc etc etc

instead of something that enhances each races unique identity, we get some shit that entirely replaces it and turns you into a uniform panda. really disappointed with that to be honest.
    This is a really interesting idea, i like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post
    Glyph of the Quick Fist - You apply a generous amount of lube to your fists before casting Fists of Fury.
    i dunno, might be quite popular on Argent Dawn in the Goldshire inn

Only if this song will be playing continuously while rolling:

Deleted
    More ideas!

Glyph of the scarlet fist!
    All your abilities are imbued with fire for a fiery cosmetic effect see Brother Korloff from Scarlet Monastery.