Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdkay View Post
    Looking at the logs posted, the tank is correct, he seems to be dying from lack of heals, nothing else.

From the videos, he looks like he is strafing, you can tell the way the boss occasionally moves to the side, rather than in a straight line, and AI forces the boss to try and get in front of the tank (which when strafing is actually towards the middle of the room) remember, it's hard to tell because front of the tank is the whole 180% in front, like bosses it's either front or back, nothing else. Apart from that, he seems to be doing ok tbh
    agree with everything said here
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Ahh guild drama. How I miss thee. Wait, no i dont.

Quote Originally Posted by vitu View Post
    Oh, great quality for 1080p (why do you even bother). Is that the one where all of us had massive lags? Bc boss is moving funny/irregular too (and for some reason from your PoV it seems hes running parallel to me which is obviously a normal thing to happen). Anyhow, back to the "look at this video to confirm that ,this guy don't get hit from behind" - even if I were with my back to the boss (which I'm pretty sure* I wasn't) did you see massive hp spikes and heavy hits? Did it kill me? Bc that's what you where claiming during our conversation was the reason for this shitstorm. Also, problem with this quarrel and defending my position is I have to debunk all your BS claims and until I run the analysis of every log and every vid frame by frame you've got a shot at me while it is enough to prove me wrong once and suddenly I'm a shitty tank "constantly" showing back to the boss and you're the hero of this story... So either I did perfect or you're right and oh! fuck me... Right?

* “The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.” - Charles Bukowski. Hence I'm not sure about what's going on in this vid (from your perspective - might have looked different from mine if this was the laggy try) though there's something obviously wrong about boss movement.

BTW logs from that attempt and look what killed me...

00:00:01.076 Blackhand Melee Sefirod (A: 201044)

00:00:02.571 Blackhand Melee Sefirod 3660 (A: 199567)

00:00:04.090 Blackhand Melee Sefirod 155221 (A: 4961)

00:00:05.588 Blackhand Melee Sefirod 116483 (A: 39776)

00:00:08.437 Blackhand Melee Sefirod (A: 154810)

00:00:11.471 Blackhand Melee Sefirod 39149 (A: 119268)

00:00:12.962 Blackhand Melee Sefirod 108821 (A: 25593)

00:00:14.463 Blackhand Melee Sefirod 21595 (A: 135417)

00:00:17.181 Blackhand Melee Sefirod Parry

00:00:18.674 Blackhand Melee Sefirod Parry

00:00:19.098 Blackrock Foundry 8 Demolition Sefirod (A: 4892)

00:00:20.186 Blackhand Melee Sefirod Parry

00:00:21.655 Blackrock Foundry 1 Massive Demolition Sefirod (A: 32372)

00:00:21.666 Blackhand Melee Sefirod Parry

00:00:23.882 Blackhand Shattering Smash Sefirod 13227 (A: 233074)

00:00:24.107 Blackrock Foundry 43 Demolition Sefirod (A: 3706)

00:00:27.081 Environment Falling Sefirod 86341 (O: 0)

Evidently my fault bc I could have bent my knees and roll upon impact... or maybe absorb more dmg from those last few hits.

FUCK ME! XD Now I've noticed - wasn't even tanking there. Good one zolw. Proves your wits. XD You know what? I've been pent up cuz of all your hogwash and couldn't go to sleep peacefully. Now that I see the level of merit you present I can finally catch some blissful sleep before I have to get up. XD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-bl...ature=youtu.be
    its the whole phase1 video , did you see you died here ? im not, btw this is the try after we told you to dont turn back , and was very good except the action in 1:00 - 1:06 when you run through the boss ,instead of boss selection circle to always be face to him (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTd7...ature=youtu.be)

from what i know tank's cant get any critical hits now so there is no way to check it from logs to be 100% sure , the only thing its that you dont mitigate anything , corect me if im wrong
    another thing is you are not all the time back to the boss , there are moments so we cannot confirm this from logs , even when you get 7 hits in a row without parry i could say its just a bad luck , thats why me and others was looking at you and saw it with 100% certain sure , but you want vids , so i give you vids , still dont see it ? no problem , shorter versions:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xugI...ature=youtu.be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cru...ature=youtu.be

what is more funny RL tell you to dont run so fast like you did , and you said it was becouse you got speed buffs from priest ,
    like i said before , when you walk back , any movement speed dont work , but yes it was the priest fault (irony)

and if you dont see difference in kiting method you using before and after we told you got hits from back , check this short vid
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSkO...ature=youtu.be
    thats what we was expecting from you , and other tank dont have problem with it

all this above is after 2h of wiping , i guess if i ask for more vids from this raid i would find more and more , but i dont see a point to ask mage for more vids , for me and other officers , we agree that you sometimes kited him turned back to him , and we saw big difference in healing , positioning , movement of kiting the boss , and if you could take critics and do your job , god bless you ,
    but if you lie that you dont do what you did , then its problem , we all make mistakes , and wiping is for eliminating it and you dont help us if you cant acknowledge to your mistakes

P.S
    its log from raid , like i said before , i dont think i can proof anything from log (only bad luck ? ) but if you want go ahead:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Cta9nX8gkLrmph7J#
    Last edited by Zolw; 2015-02-20 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    But why the fuck would you not just strafe/back-pedal instant of perma-strafe here.

You guys are moving the boss way too much for no reason, if there's no bombs then just keep boss there, meele can move out of the shit that's falling down. + this boss hits way too hard. xD

Deleted
    If you come to a public forum to discuss guild related issues like this, than I doubt that a tank that might or might not be facing his back towards the boss sometimes is the biggest of your problems.

You're not going to get any serious raiding done if you can't even trust your fellow raiders and take responsiblity. What benefit would the tank have to purposely turn his back towards the boss and wipe the raid each and every time (since I hope you didn't make this thread because of 1-2 failed attempts)? Even if he had his back towards the boss because he didn't know about the parry restriction, I doubt he'd continue to do it after he was told about even if he didn't want to admit it.

Turning your back to a boss is sometimes unavoidable, and in at least on your videos he was running the boss to a new position with the boss out of range of him.

The only advice you're going to get here is to man up and take blame for your mistakes, and to trust your fellow raiders when they say they did/didn't do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolw View Post
    corect me if im wrong
    You're wrong. And you're the problem. Be thankful I'm not your RL or GM because you'd be guildless immediately if I read this. It's classless to bring guild issues to a public forum and try to shame a teammate. If he's making mistakes you feel aren't being corrected, that's an issue for your guild leadership, not mmo-c.

Tanks strafe backwards. It's not "pro" or unique to this guy. In rare circumstances, mistakes get made, although I see no proof of that here. If your issue is that you want him to backpedal and not strafe, I suggest you join a worse team where everyone keyboard turns. Or learn how to dps while moving. Should fix your problem.
    Last edited by Detritivores; 2015-02-20 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    Came to read interesting thread

Left after the feeling I just watched an episode of Jerry Springer

from what i know tank's cant get any critical hits now so there is no way to check it from logs to be 100% sure , the only thing its that you dont mitigate anything , corect me if im wrong
    You can't avoid by parry or dodge but all mitigation work.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomathy View Post
    its really bad taste to bring this shit to the forums
    I guess I wasn't the only one that thought that only a few posts into this thread.

Is there a report thread as opposed to a report post option, because I can't imagine dragging guild drama bullshit on here will end well.

I'd like to summarize this: Someone (albeit someone from EU so they might not understand English as well) called "strafing" a "pro tank method" and then proceeds to call a tank that strafed awful based on him dying. Tank says he's not awful and has stuff to prove it. OP goes back to posting non-sense. Readers of mmo-c get a great insight into how much worse their guild could be (so much so that I think this should be moved to the general forum for all to see, and not in the DK forum)

And so that my post isn't just some sarcastic ramblings; I play a blood DK from time to time when we are missing a tank. Personally my guild says its a breeze to heal me but that sometimes I just fall over dead, even when it's not a particularly damaging period. I basically found through logs and practice that even if I wasn't taking a ton of damage, if I had no CD's up and messed up and spent a death rune on a blood boil instead of death strike or rune tap that I can dip really low, and quickly. The moral of this is that I personally feel DK tanks to be in a great spot, but if you hit that moment of squishy-ness it may seem like the boss is crit-hitting you or something along those lines.

Just a few clarifications:

Quote Originally Posted by foxes View Post
    Someone (...) called "strafing" a "pro tank method" and then proceeds to call a tank that strafed awful based on him dying. Tank says he's not awful and has stuff to prove it.
    Noone called it a pro skill. zolw just tried to be either sarcastic or play ignorant here.

Quote Originally Posted by foxes View Post
    OP goes back to posting non-sense. Readers of mmo-c get a great insight into how much worse their guild could be.
    Not really the whole guild - just one individual with false sense of power and lack of taste. Please don't put us all in one bag. Would ignore this thing entirely but unfortunately zolw treated this thread with just a few first comments as a proof for his PoV. Had to get involved.

Again, sorry for dragging this out here but since this reaction is probably the result of letting his BS slide so many times and finally standing up to him I dread at the thought of the possibilities if I would let him walk all over me any longer.

hi , we got dk in our guild who said he dont get hits from behind , he used some pro skilled tanking method "strafe'ing " - or something like this, can you guys look at this video to confirm that ,this guy dont get hit from behind ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Updm...ature=youtu.be
    He literally used the words "pro skill"

guys , topic is closed , i want to clarify if the tank turn back to the boss or not , with this video's its clear that he did , there is nothing to add for me

Deleted
    Interesting thread, even learned things!

He literally used the words "pro skill"

Here he did hence "zolw just tried to be either sarcastic or play ignorant here" but neither did I or him in original quarrel.

what is more funny RL tell you to dont run so fast like you did (...) and if you dont see difference in kiting method you using before and after we told you got hits from back , check this short vid
    The difference is caused by me trying to accommodate your claims about not keeping up not by trying to cover my back better bc you're watching.

all this above is after 2h of wiping (...) and we saw big difference in healing , positioning , movement of kiting the boss
    It's called progression, better lining of cds and stuff.

guess if i ask for more vids from this raid i would find more and more , but i dont see a point to ask mage for more vids
    Do so bc I still haven't seen one definitive proof for your claims. As for your vids, quality says it all.

for me and other officers , we agree that you sometimes kited him turned back to him
    There's a saying in our language "jest święta prawda, też prawda i gówno prawda" (zolw will know it) which roughly translates to "there's [actual] truth, also a truth [indicating relativeness depending on PoV/know facts] and bullshit [self explanatory]". That's all the comment I can give you at this point, but even if other officers agreed with you (in spite of the truth) you were the only one to make a big deal about it.

fif you could take critics and do your job , god bless you
    So why the big deal if that is your PoV?

you cant acknowledge to your mistakes
    Can, did, do and will, just not when it's fabricated bullshit.
    Last edited by vitu; 2015-02-20 at 07:12 PM.

guys , topic is closed , i want to clarify if the tank turn back to the boss or not , with this video's its clear that he did , there is nothing to add for me
    Bosses have a thing called a swing timer, its ok to turn your back in between swings, nothing bad happens

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides that its absolutley okay to turn your back to the boss if you know what you do (swing timer + speed buffs), but hey an important officer obviously knows everything better.

Edit: Beaten with swing timer

Gotta love that guild drama!

Related:

I see Burning Legion is still plagued by Polish players, thank god for free transfers.