Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Good news! Wish same would have been done for alien 3 n all the rest...

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/n...movie-shelved/

Neill Blomkamp's Alien Movie Shelved

As reported recently, Ridley Scott's Prometheus sequel, now titled Alien: Paradise Lost, has taken precedent over Neill Blomkamp's intriguing Alien ideas, entering production first at the beginning of next year. While we were initially led to believe that Blomkamp's own Alien would likely follow a year later, that now, sadly, turns out not to be the case. Blomkamp has tweeted that his Alien project is currently in a "holding" pattern, possibly indefinitely, and that he's moving on to other things.

If you somehow missed it, Blomkamp's Alien arrived in a flurry of activity at the beginning of this year, just as Chappie was hitting cinemas. Blomkamp released some just-for-fun Alien designs online, featuring both Sigourney Weaver's Ripley and Michael Biehn's Corporal Hicks. The internet went crazy, and Fox got excited and put the project in development.

Conspicuously though, while there were some lovely pictures, there never seemed to actually be a screenplay or even a coherent plan, and Blomkamp never seemed clear on whether his film would somehow take place in between Aliens and Alien 3, or ignore the second half of the original series completely. So while the web may shake its fist in Scott's direction, yowling that they'd rather have a proper new Alien than any more bloody Prometheus, it's possible that there's more to the Alien 5 abandonment than just Sir Ridders getting his own way.

"Abandonment" might be too strong a word anyway, since Blomkamp's Twitter line is still that his own Alien is on hold pending Alien: Paradise Lost, rather than a complete shut-down. He may be heading for pastures new for the time being, but he might be back at some point.

Or we might be reporting on a new Kickstarter campaign for a documentary about the famous unmade Alien movie in a few years time... Watch this space.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2015-11-01 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The first AVP was "ok" the 2nd was just a gore fest. If they bring back the original actors, perhaps they will set it a few years after the events in aliens to show them back in society or something after revealing what Wey yu did. Could be an interesting take. You could cast a new actress for newt as I dont think the girl acts anymore. I would imagine Newt could be adopted by Ripley.
    AVP 1 is actually just a mix from 2 AvP comics and HP Lovecrafts Mountens of Madness and on paper it sounds great if you know the source material but the movie is just to short and rushed, its lacking good action and horror elements also a good cast.

Prometheus has made me wish they would just leave the Alien series to rest. One of my fav movie series but they're just getting worse. Prometheus made Alien3 look like a well constructed cinema masterpiece.

Maybe Blomkamp can do it, district 9 was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Good news! Wish same would have been done for alien 3 n all the rest...
    How is it good news that Neill Blomkamp's Alien movie is shelved and Ridley Scott gets to continue ruining the franchise?

I was hoping that Ridley Scott would move on to other things so that somebody else could continue take over and move the franchise forwards from Alien: Resurrection (not that that was a particular good movie). That way Prometheus could essentially be ignored and not have to be part of the Alien franchise at all, as Ridley Scott himself made some pretty vague statements about wether it was in fact even part of the franchise back when it came out, calling it just a movie that contained "DNA" from the Alien franchise but "explored it's own mythology". In my view Ridley Scott is doing the same shit George Lucas did when he decided to introduce the midi-chlorians in episode I. Once you have an established franchise where people know the universe and the set of rules that exists there that we have accepted for reality in that universe, don't fucking mess it up by changing those rules, as in explaining the mystery that was the Force, or destroy that reality you have created by coming up with some completely unbelievable mythology for the origin of the Alien species and all of humanity. Just continue doing more fucking Alien movies with new stories and character inside that established framework that makes up that particular universe, don't ruin it by trying to sell that somehow some human look-alike Aliens spread their DNA over the Earth and then it just so happens that 4,000 million years later a species evolves to look almost exactly like them despite all the random events of evolution, with disasters, droughts, changing climates and asteroids among other things randomly building towards life as we know it. I just don't buy it and I hate it, it ruins the franchise. Add to that that he actually disregards the events of AvP and regards them as non-canon. Well fuck you Ridley Scott, you are just another George Lucas. Look, I love you for the work you did with creating the Alien franchise. But that was when you were a creative young man. Now you are just an old guy who have over stayed your welcome. Learn to quit while you're still ahead. Go away.

Didn't mean to rant...

Deleted
    I explained in the previous page in this thread...I want ALIEN, xenomorphs, no more old characters...Blomkamp just wanted to rehash old content, ffs I don't want characters from the 1970s again...I want a movie called alien to be about that, otherwise the movie can be called Ripley 34.

As for Prometheus, while badly executed, at least it was fresh with those engineers, worst part was cutting out them speaking from the movie...
    I hated the squid face-hugger, because it looked like a generic earthling squid...I wouldn't have reacted if I had seen it in an aquarium...only difference is that they added xenomorph-squeel to it to make it more xenomorphish, which is really lame n it was a model that was rejected back from the first alien movie...they thought it looked tame n uninteresting, then why would it be any different now..
    Deacon xenomorph looked really lame...don't they understand that another jaw is pointless?..and what's with the omnivore teeth?..

Engineers is the only thing that made that movie watchable...

I really need to get Blu-ray player...I saw Prometheus with voices toned down and 'replaced' with Director's Commentary, only Ridley Scott making comments throughout the whole movie, I didn't know such things existed...well, all he talks about is concepts n ideas he had for the movie, he didn't write the story, I guess in the 70's n 80's he really had some talented people working with him that together created magic...it's not really his fault that now he has a bunch of hacks to work with...
    or maybe I'm being too nice to Ridley, for example when Captain Janek said something really significant
    Janek: Where the hell you going, doc? You know what this place is? Those Engineers, this ain't their home. It's an installation. Maybe even military. They put it out here in the middle of nowhere because they're not stupid enough to make weapons of mass destruction on their own doorstep. That's what all that shit is in those vases. They made it here. It got out, turned on them. The end. It's time for us to go home.
    Instead ridley starts talking about filming in 3D n other useless fucking comments..instead of addressing what Janek said, he just ignores it...

and then there's Prometheus with Author's Commentary, lol he was sooo defensive n aware people were critical of his work..

Original space jockey, remade in some alien comic, dunno if I'd rather see that in prometheus instead of what we got...

Looks like an angry space-elephant with lazers..

Recently saw this, weird engineer suits soon?..

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    AVP 1 is actually just a mix from 2 AvP comics and HP Lovecrafts Mountens of Madness and on paper it sounds great if you know the source material but the movie is just to short and rushed, its lacking good action and horror elements also a good cast.
    I wished AvP was like in the comics, in the future on alien planets...
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2015-11-01 at 03:42 AM.

I would like to see an Alien movie, where the xenomorphs get loose in new York city or LA. Nesting in the subways and sewers. People, and pets end up missing at an alarming rate and no one knows why. Then it becomes an epidemic through out the world. There was an Aliens novel about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I would like to see an Alien movie, where the xenomorphs get loose in new York city or LA. Nesting in the subways and sewers. People, and pets end up missing at an alarming rate and no one knows why. Then it becomes an epidemic through out the world. There was an Aliens novel about this.
    That was the original script for alien3. Ripley returns home and there's a xenomorph break out. Pretty much would've been blade runner with aliens. Instead we got alien3. Which I don't think is that bad of a movie but the original would've been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    That was the original script for alien3. Ripley returns home and there's a xenomorph break out. Pretty much would've been blade runner with aliens. Instead we got alien3. Which I don't think is that bad of a movie but the original would've been awesome.
    The one that you guys want is Alien: Earth Hive. It's a pretty decent read.

The Alien 3 script actually went through a ridiculous number of iterations and changes. Prior to Fincher taking the helm roughly 50% of the way through the film's allotted production time frame, they had ideas about setting it on a wooden planet and also in a space-monk space station. David Fincher was literally filming during the days and re-writing the script completely at night.

Alien 3 as it is, was actually a surprisingly solid film, considering it should've been one of the worst films of all time. Instead, it just didn't live up to the legacy that Alien 1/2 left behind. It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't great. David Fincher essentially salvaged one of the worst production wreckages of all time.

Anyway, Neill Blomkamp's ideas no doubt would be great to see in action, though he's proved he's not the most adept writer of his own material. District 9 was great, Elysium was so-so and Chappie was extremely hit or miss with people. His stylistic vision and designs are off the chart, but he needs to learn how to weave more effective stories.

Either way, I doubt anything he would come up with would be as bad as AVP/Aliens 4/AVP 2.

I would have been curious to see how Alien 3 was had they continued with David Twohy's script and direction...most of the ideas in his script ended up being rolled into the Crematoria scenes in Chronicles of Riddick.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    what I really want is an alien movie in the same style as the original. Not an all action, guns blazing, explosion rocking, Rippley saves the day again (and again, AND AGAIN!)
    A true, edge of your seat, terror inducing alien thriller, where the actual star of the movie is the creature, not the SFX involved in killing them.

Predaliens haven't shown up in any of the movies yet, right ?

ah, just saw that it was in one of the AvP movies.
    Last edited by Halicia; 2015-11-01 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't Hollywood let the Alien franchise die already?

Deleted
    Ridley Scott on Alien: Paradise Lost | Sky Movies.

Sky Movies
    Sep 26, 2015

With Ridley Scott announcing that Prometheus 2 has evolved into Alien: Lost Paradise, we asked the filmmaker where he envisions the sequel within the wider Alien galaxy....

I want an alien movie base on Aliens: Mondo Pest <3

Deleted
    damn search engine on this forum sucks so bad...

..anyways, this damned Alien 5 movie refuses to die...

*groan*

http://www.scified.com/news/sigourne...worth-the-wait

Sigourney Weaver says Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 is happening and will be well worth the wait!

Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 may not be releasing for a while, but during am event hosted by VMware Ellen Ripley herself, Sigourney Weaver has said that the film is still happening and that it will be well worth the wait. Previously thought to be indefinitely on hold, Weaver clarifies that Ridley Scott asked Neill Blomkamp not to release Alien 5 until after his Prometheus sequel, Alien: Covenant has its run. Weaver also states that the script they have for the fifth Alien instalment is great and will surely be appreciated and accepted by fans of the franchise.

Well, I *think* it is. Ridley asked Neill NOT to make our Alien til after Prometheus 2. He (Ridley) wanted his movie to shoot and be released first. But it’s an AMAZING script, and Neill and I are REALLY excited about doing it. We’re doing other things until we can get going on that. I’d be really surprised if we DIDN’T do it, because it’s such a great script, and we love working together. So, it’s just going to take a little bit longer to get out to you, but it’ll be worth the wait.
    Thanks to Aggressive Comix (via AvPGalaxy) for the news!

Deleted

*groan*
    If Promotheus 2 keeps getting pushed back, Sigourney and Michael Biehn might die before filming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    If Promotheus 2 keeps getting pushed back, Sigourney and Michael Biehn might die before filming.
    What push back? They are filming it right now, explosions, some other trilobite, 2nd David, etc etc.

But I wish Alien 5 would never happen...

*groan*
    Why you groaning ? The directors concept art and ideas sound awesome. Also alien 3 and Prometheus both get way to much hate. They are both solid sci fi flicks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Why you groaning ? The directors concept art and ideas sound awesome. Also alien 3 and Prometheus both get way to much hate. They are both solid sci fi flicks.
    I explained up above...alien 5 is ripley 5...n j.j.abrams nostalgia trip ala force awakens...

*groan*

regurgitating old content...

alien 3 solid? Nope, after Aliens we never saw anything creative...just monster chasing dumb humies..what new did we learn?

apparently "the perfect organism" can't defeat humanity because they can't get past Ripley in 5 movies, hell not even after she dies, she then comes back as a clone...what hare-brained idea will they do now?...Ripley character is destroying the franchise...

and all the fucking comics are the same, Aliens, just the same kind of marines with the same military technology, grunts with guns getting owned, apparently they can't create robot armies n drones..
    we are stuck in repeat mode..

After movie Aliens, they should have just stopped the franchise, movies, comics n books alike...all these "creative" people are treating the first 2 movies like ancestor-worship...lets do the same shit over n over again...

the irony is that they want to treat the fans like precious babies not to be scared away with change, while showing us horror stories...go figure..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-04-24 at 04:01 AM.