Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgaan View Post
    Is Dying Light any good? I've heard interesting things about it...
    It's incredibly.....mediocre. Basically it's a slightly better version of Dead Island. If you liked Dead Island, Dying Light is up your alley.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    There's no better graphics test for a new pc than modded skyrim. The game isn't going to be surpassed in graphics for years to come.
    This Although I hear there might be an announcement this year @ E3 regarding a new Elder Scrolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This Although I hear there might be an announcement this year @ E3 regarding a new Elder Scrolls.
    as long as there's no draenei in it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    don't get dragon age 2. if would be better for you to break your computer in with a hammer than play that "game."
    It would be better for you to break your computer with a hammer than give such "advice".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It would be better for you to break your computer with a hammer than give such "advice".
    you just can't admit that dragon age 2 is absolute garbage can you? it is a step back from dragon age origins IN EVERY SINGLE WAY.
    the story is worse than dragon age origins.(horray human political backstory!)
    the character customization is worse than dragon age origins.
    the map design is just lazy copy paste.
    the combat is a massive downgrade and little more than mindless button mashing.
    the class system is a downgrade from dragon age origins.
    the relationships is the only thing thats about the same. shallow and hollow.
    the camera is worse than in dragon age origins it is not as flexible.
    about the only thing it can claim as better is better graphics.
    there is less content than in dragon age origins.
    it has securom. that right there is reason to chuck it in the fires of eternal hell.
    SECUROM HAS BEEN CLASSIFIED AS A TYPE OF MALWARE. IT OPENS UP A BACKDOOR INTO YOUR COMPUTER THAT POTENTIAL TROJANS AND VIRUSES CAN USE TO BYPASS ANY AND ALL SECURITY IN PLACE. why do you think ea got hit with so many lawsuits over it?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2015-02-21 at 10:50 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    you just can't admit that dragon age 2 is absolute garbage can you?
    Because it isn't.
    I, and many others, enjoyed the game very much.

Is it a high-end gaming PC with a really expensive graphics card and high quality sound?

Definitely Dwarf Fortress.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgaan View Post
    Is Dying Light any good? I've heard interesting things about it...
    I really like(d) Dying Light. I've never played any Dead Island games, so I can't comparisons with it. It played very similar to Far Cry 3 for me. But with a much bigger emphasis on melee combat and of course zombies instead of pirates and animals. What made the gameplay in Dying Light better than Far Cry 3, for me at least, was the parkour. Had more fun parkouring across the map than I did with driving/gliding in Far Cry 3.

The main drawback of Dying Light (for me) is that it has very little replay value, something a lot of modern games have. You can't customize your character all that much. I felt it had sufficient content, but you'll run out of side quests fairly quickly, at which point you're stuck with challenges and collectibles.

10+ Year Old Account
    you just can't admit that dragon age 2 is absolute garbage can you?
    Because he actually like the game, how impossible that might be but still. DA2 is not a good game, even if there are a few here and there that likes the shallow mess it is.

Deleted
    You could use a hammer but then again you can always stomp it with your feet

you can play all the mass effect games, maybe shadow of mordor
    Last edited by mizeri; 2015-02-21 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Because it isn't.
    I, and many others, enjoyed the game very much.
    After this statement, I feel Worf's assassination of the Chancellor was justified.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    After this statement, I feel Worf's assassination of the Chancellor was justified.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game... oh, wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    DA2 is not a good game, even if there are a few here and there that likes the shallow mess it is.
    There is such an amazing word you might want to get familiar with:
    http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us...nglish/opinion

And there are not just "a few" people liking it.
    http://www.ign.com/games/dragon-age-ii/pc-61075
    Community rating - 8.1/10, "Great".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    Ya know, some people can only afford the computer he listed. Some people choose to use their hard earned money on things other than computers. Just because I can go out and sink $5000 in a computer tomorrow and not even miss it does not mean everyone can. So, pointing out that his video card ran good games from 2013 is a little asinine, don't ya think?
    Well, comparing his cost to some of the builds on CyberpowerPC, he at least didn't get ripped off. I sometimes have to grimace when infrequent PC buyers end up getting fleeced buying garbage Dell or HP systems. The CPU is a tad on the weak-side at that price-point, but I guess that was the tradeoff for having the 750ti instead of just the 750. How much better he may have been able to do I guess depends on if he already had a HDD to use, and what his case/power supply was.

With some napkin math, if he were to re-use an existing HDD and OS, even with buying a new case and power supply; for $850 you could get:

Intel Core i5 4670 ($225)
    Decent mobo ($100)
    Case ($50-75)
    PSU ($50)
    8GB DDR3-1600 ($70)
    GTX 970 GPU ($330)

Total Price: $825-850 (Prices from Newegg)

Which would be maybe 15-20% better on CPU, and almost 3x better on GPU. His discretion on getting aftermarket cooling like the Hyperwhatever Evo 212 which would add another $50, but not super necessary if not OCing.

Oregon Trail, of course. Why is this even a question?

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Oregon Trail, of course. Why is this even a question?
    Mind as well play Banner Saga if your going that route.