Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    This is really, really true. At least here in the US, no one but BL/Midwinter (to my knowledge) puts in 10+ hours a day during progression. There are several guilds littered in the top 50 that pride themselves on raiding 9-12 hours a week.

"Casual-hardcore" or "semi-hardcore" is on the rise. Clearing content while only raiding a set 6-12 hour/week sched.
    There is no reason to raid more than 3 days a week unless you are in a guild that is going for either Server Firsts, or World Firsts.

There was a time I raided 20 hours a week, there was a time I raided even more when I was in my 'hardcore raiding' phase. I would never raid that much again unless I was in one of these ultra top guilds, if you aren't pushing something like world/region first I don't see the point of spending that much time raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballrug View Post
    I can judge raid difficulty quite well. If I have to talk to my computer or watch a video, it's too hard.
    Truly, genuine question: Are you serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of people, it's just the type of people to pick from now are these idiots. The "console gamer" who say they are good then just don't show up randomly. A week later they show up again like they never missed a raid expecting to raid. That or they are just plainly too poor a player to raid with a specific guild like that.

You have to not just recruit through your general, or wowprogress, but dip into the giant recruiting binge on the forums and start to draw players into your guild. That's what happened to me when my time had run its course on the current server I was on until I was recruited to join a guild on a far larger server. It's just how you have to play the recruiting game if you want to get solid players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you do Mythic raiding, recruitment is becoming almost impossible -- unless you are in a very high pop server. With the advent of cross-server group finder, people prefer just Pugging over joining a guild in a low pop server. This problem will continue till some of those low pop servers are merged. My recommendation -- move guild to a higher pop density server. Your WoW experience will change drastically.

Deleted
    My guild has got so small now we don't try to raid as our own raid team , we team up with a friend of mine who has a guild to make our raid team , yet we haven't given up on our own guilds since both our guilds have been going for such a long time and I couldn't bring myself to disband it now after all these years. I try to recruit now and then but on saurfang server its quite low pop and most people seem to already be in guilds , so teaming up is the way forward I feel.

Area 52 here. we are 7/7H, 2/7M and 9/10H. Cant really progress too much like we want as the recruiting decent players has just dried up. Really sucks atm. We still need a good Tank and a few good ranged, very hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    This is really, really true. At least here in the US, no one but BL/Midwinter (to my knowledge) puts in 10+ hours a day during progression. There are several guilds littered in the top 50 that pride themselves on raiding 9-12 hours a week.

"Casual-hardcore" or "semi-hardcore" is on the rise. Clearing content while only raiding a set 6-12 hour/week sched.
    This is it right here, I looked at old recruiting pages from back in wotlk and BC and we raided 4 days a week sometimes 5 for what? barley be in US top 100 lol. The game has been out long enough now and the content is easy enough now that 8-12 hours a week is all you need to be a decent mythic guild or even in top 50 US

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    There's your issue.

I'm not saying this to be a jerk, but pug groups cleared that much in Mythic Highmaul before BRM dropped. So your issue with recruiting will be the fact that your likely pool of applicants will consist of people who couldn't even do that much. The kind of people who complained that Imperator was "overtuned" and "too complex".

And yes, good players are going to judge guilds just like guilds judge applicants. That power goes both ways, despite what guilds often seem to think. So your problem becomes, how can you actively seek out and attract good players? They're not going to come flocking to you just because you put up a webform application on some Guildlaunch template website nowadays. Not with 2/7M Highmaul and 0 Mythic BRM. If you want them, you've got to get out there and aggressively recruit.
    Ya, we know that is the issue. We had a really good team in Throne and SoO, at least for what we were doing, but once the xpak hit, most raiders never showed up and we had to completely rebuild in a sense, and we just don't get the people who can perform mechanics. It is a long struggle, but one we will overcome as our core people that have never left love raiding together and will continue to do so.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    TBH, I'm dropping after my current sub expires. I'm not interested in a gear grind, which is all WoD has become. I've seen nearly all of the content (no, a difficulty slider on the same content is NOT new content) via LFR, Normal and some Heroics.

And Gear Score remains as much a deterrent to enjoying the game as it always has. When my primary alt was 638, I struggled to get into any Normal runs (because the groups assume everyone is bad, so 640 is typically minimum for many, or they list lower but won't accept lower than 640), but I wasn't interested in shifting gold to that toon to buy better gear, and there is no fun in just grinding LFR for weeks on end hoping for a drop that will trip my gear score.

Blizzard grind is still grind, and still boring...

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Probably because your progress is easily puggable.

Once you get Heroic clears, it may be easier to find people.
    Heroic cleared in 3 hours guild here - no - it's not. Especially if you need RDPS.

A 675 8/10H RDPS will get offers from at least 3/10M guilds all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by carl812 View Post
    Since the beginning of WoD we've recruited consistently every week, picked up a few new people each week originally aiming for a 30 man raid group to stay as far away form the 10 man limit as possible. Well because of that we now have a ton of dead accounts in our guild. No one is leaving us for greener pastures they are leaving the game seemingly permanently. We are 6/7 Heroic Highmaul and 4/10 Normal BRF so were... Ok, we were raiding two nights a week and not spending more than a night on any one boss so its not like we fail repeatedly.

Is anyone else experiencing this? and what are your tactics for recruiting on a small server?
    Push H go to premades list group and walla you can fill ur raid to ur hearts content...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellice View Post
    I think there are a lot of people like me out there. I am an decent player. However, I did not play much during the first few months of the expansion because of the holidays and then a long once of a life time trip overseas. I haven't don't any raiding this expansion past LFR so I'm only at ilevel 655. If pugs wont take me due to my ilevel why would a solid raiding guild?
    Decent guilds care much less about gear than pugs do; pugs are there for a one-off kill, so there's no real motivation to help other people out, but it makes a lot more sense for a guild to spend time helping someone gear up who's then going to spend the next few months or years helping them progress.