Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What would a medieval person think of us?

Suppose a medieval person from 1000 AD was teleported to the year 2015 AD while he/she was sleeping. If he/she woke up in modern day England what do you think that person would think of our world today?

10+ Year Old Account
    Witches. Everywhere.

At least for the first few weeks. Depending on the individual, I have high respect for the capacity of the individual to adapt.

10+ Year Old Account
    They would probably pass out from overstimulation.
    You're a towel.

They would think we dressed and talked funny, like witches.

Well, they'd probably think, as said, that everyone is witches. They'd probably be scared as hell of machines too, cars especially (thinking of them as ferocious roaring beasts).
    I would think they would more than likely go insane from having everything being so different, or have a heart attack from shock.
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2015-02-20 at 04:28 AM.

At first they'd be really freaked out by cars until somebody popped open the hood and they saw the machinery that runs it. Once you show them the machinery that runs cars it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to convince them that most things are also machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Witches. Everywhere.

At least for the first few weeks. Depending on the individual, I have high respect for the capacity of the individual to adapt.
    They'd love you.

Banning anybody who disagrees with them is par for the Victorian mindset.

Ahha ah ha ha just kidding just kidding ...ok mostly just kidding.

PLEASE DONT BAN ME!
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Witches. Everywhere.

But you're not made of wood....

theyd be completely freaked out.
    however if they dident suffer from a heart attack or something else from such an extreme event, they would likely eventually get used to it and become a normal person.
    Could be a great history teacher too, lol.

They'd also consider every cowards I would imagine for not using real weapons, like swords.

10+ Year Old Account
    He'd adjust decently well I think, the problem would be those first few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    First they would think we were witches with magic, and then they would likely be praying for us 24/7 because of how evil we are today. (the way we dress, talk act etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Randoman01 View Post
    Suppose a medieval person from 1000 AD was teleported to the year 2015 AD while he/she was sleeping. If he/she woke up in modern day England what do you think that person would think of our world today?
    he would freak the fuck out the first time he ate some candy or icecream or something.

and then he would freak out even more when he find out how cheap it all is
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

they would think we took an unhealthy amount of baths.

Demons and dark magic (technology).

I am picturing encino man, but with pointy shoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just couldn't imagine if it was a male or a woman that liked women (Not that they could express it back then) and they walked out of the building in like miami or something and saw the women wearing thongs and tiny bikini tops, they would either die of priapism or start attacking people for being heathens.
    You're a towel.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Witches. Everywhere.

Bingo.

And Arthur C. Clarke said it best:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    theyd be completely freaked out.
    however if they dident suffer from a heart attack or something else from such an extreme event, they would likely eventually get used to it and become a normal person.
    Could be a great history teacher too, lol.
    Could you imagine how pissed off they'd be after they caught up and adapted to our tech and then got around to reading our current versions of their modern life?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

could you imagine how pissed off they'd be after they caught up and adapted to our tech and then got around to reading our current versions of their modern life?
    "you think we did *what*!!!??!"
    You're a towel.

Don't we have ISIS to tell us exactly what a medieval person would think of us?