Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is Joe Biden and his "Hands on approach" to women a problem?

The last few months have seen a few "awkward" movies/pictures of Joe biden with his hands all over women/girls. People have been excusing it with "oh he was just telling her how to deal with media!" or "Its ok, they are a family friend!" but frankly its getting to be unnerving just how creepy he has been.

http://time.com/3713264/joe-biden-st...-shoulder-rub/

Interesting OPINION article on this. The article says we should not be allowing him to get away with this, just because it is on the big stage and he is an important person; unwanted touching is unwanted touching.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...-defenses-wife

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2015...-s1100-c15.jpg

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...mens-ears.html

The caption on the nymag one are pretty funny :P

Its been getting quite a bit of attention lately, and people have been referring to him as "that creepy uncle". Frankly, I could care less about his politics; hes the vice president, hes not that important unless Obama has medical issues/what have you. But perhaps someone in the administration should have a chat with him about his odd habits of rubbing up behind women in public and rubbing their shoulders :P

The worst one? Around 1:50 of this video, it is flat out creepy as hell, and the little girl is CLEARLY uncomfortable with him

So, is this a problem? I don't think it effects the actual administration at all; but I don't think it will do him personally any favors.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, its kind of strange, because the onion parodied Biden as some crazy womanizing creepy dude before all this started happening.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/11/bu...den.html?_r=2&

Life imitating art?
    You're a towel.

I mean yeah its a little inappropriate but 1) He's kind of just a touchy-huggy guy in general its not just women 2) Over the course of his career he's done a mountain of good for women in this country. Like a ton.

So on the whole I'm not terribly broken up if a friendly old guy is sometimes a little awkward.

There are plenty of reports where he's done the exact same to men. It doesn't seem sexual in any way, beyond when a partisan person is trying to make it seem.

He just seems to be somebody who likes to be really close to a person when talking to them.

In the Stephanie thing they've known each other for some time apparently. He had his hands on her shoulders in a rather platonic way. Whispered something and... that's really about it.

He's a close type of guy:

I mean really, Biden feels like one of the few genuine people in office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    There are plenty of reports where he's done the exact same to men. It doesn't seem sexual in any way, beyond when a partisan person is trying to make it seem.

He just seems to be somebody who likes to be really close to a person when talking to them.
    I don't really care about Biden at all, or his politics. Do you think that little girl looked comfortable with him bussing on her hair/ear and then kissing her as she tried to squirm away?
    You're a towel.

While he does come across as a genuine guy, I can also see why it comes across as creepy to people. Just because he's a hands-on person doesn't mean everyone else is and I've definitely seen pictures where the person looked uncomfortable as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He could of had bad breath, she could of thought it was time to move, nervous...etc

It's not always "he wanted to feel her up!"
    I didn't say that was his intention; but if you press up next to someone and start "Bussing" on them, and they squirm and move away, and you put your arm around them to hold them close...that is creepy.

If I did that to someone at the bar I'd be arrested.
    You're a towel.

I'm not seeing the same things you are. Nothing looks odd or creepy.
    This. He was whispering some thing to her, I have no clue what, but it was probably some thing not for the camera's to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're being over-dramatic and seeing what you want to see. Trying to make something outta nothing.
    He nuzzled against her with his nose; she tried to pull away. He held her tight, and leaned in more, bussing around with his nose, then kissed her. Their is nothing else you can explain that as. I mean, its on video. Right there :P
    You're a towel.

That looks like rape to me. Better call the police.

Oh shit, Joe Biden is the police! Egads! What have we done?

You bastards! You finally did it! You blew the whole thing up!

10+ Year Old Account
    He wanted to rape her.

Is that what you want to read?
    No, I don't think that was his intention. However, if someone is uncomfortable with contact, and you keep pressing, their is something wrong.
    You're a towel.

2015:
    Touching a woman anywhere anytime for any reason is now considered sexual assault.
    2015-2020:
    Accidentally touching a woman anywhere anytime for any reason is now considered sexual assault
    2020-2030:
    We enact a resolution legalizing 500,000 new gender options for public use.
    2050:
    There are technically no women left in existence, as everyone has adopted one of the new 500,000 gender options.

Merica.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    He nuzzled against her with his nose; she tried to pull away. He held her tight, and leaned in more, bussing around with his nose, then kissed her. Their is nothing else you can explain that as. I mean, its on video. Right there :P
    You're seeing what you want to see. His nose never touched her, and he was positioning himself to whisper directly into her ear. Now if this secret turns out to be inappropriate then alright, we have a problem, other wise, I don't see the issue other then people taking it out of context.

lol
    This is a non-thing
    As a "little girl" almost everything not involving the grilfriends or family is going to be uncomfortable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    You're seeing what you want to see. His nose never touched her, and he was positioning himself to whisper directly into her ear. Now if this secret turns out to be inappropriate then alright, we have a problem, other wise, I don't see the issue other then people taking it out of context.
    The person was trying to lean away from him, and he had his arm around her, preventing that, and then he kissed her, as she squirmed away. Take away who is from that, and say you saw someone doing that in public. Would you find that appropriate, especially if it was a little girl?

- - - Updated - - -

It happened so quick, I don't think he had enough time to tell if she may of been uncomfortabe with it. It's in front of cameras, so her demeanor may of been because of that. I think you're just hunting for something wrong.
    Apparently its not just me, and this is not some "Right wing crusade" some people on the "left" find him to be pretty creepy/innapropriate as well.
    You're a towel.

Also women don't like to be touched on the shoulder.
    Yet women all over america are enjoying 50 shades of grey with bondage and torture-sex
    like.. wut?!...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Little kids do that a lot to a variety of people for a variety of reasons. Adults tend to just ignore it.
    If I was giving one of my nieces a hug and they were like *SQUIRM AWAY!* I wouldn't put my arm around them to hold them in place :P
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I don't really care about Biden at all, or his politics. Do you think that little girl looked comfortable with him bussing on her hair/ear and then kissing her as she tried to squirm away?
    Uh huh.........I'm sure you don't care about about him or his politics at all. I'll just take a look at your post history, and............................

You're implying some weird sexual thing going on, and it simply isn't happening. Not if you're being objective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Uh huh.........I'm sure you don't care about about him or his politics at all. I'll just take a look at your post history, and............................

You're implying some weird sexual thing going on, and it simply isn't happening. Not if you're being objective.
    I never once said he INTENDED it to be sexual. But if you are doing what he did to that little girl, you are doing something creepy. It is NOT subjective.

You don't hold someone in place trying to get away from you. That is a no-no.

And why would I care about Biden's politics? I voted for Obama, not biden. biden is basically nothing to me, he makes literally no decisions in my life, and he is not a threat to run for president.

This is about a creepy old man getting away with creepy things because of who he is.
    You're a towel.