Poll: Which spec will you play in 6.1?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Remember as well that BM does NOT share stat priorities nearly as nicely as MM/SV. Start "stacking" mastery if you want to swap.

Ohai: 2 years, 1 month, 19 days of BM was enough.

galaxyquest, people have explained their dislike of BM many times here, and it always fell on deaf ears. Why would it be any different this time?
    Well according to azor's guide and his updated weights for BM stats are actually all quite close. Waaay closer then for SV.

Don't forget that SV has a much more versatile aoe. You don't need all the targets to be within 7 yards of each other and can also deal more damage to a primary target Düring aoe situations. BM has a Zuge gap between theoretical DPS potential and actual numbers in a real encounter

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you BM haters dislike about BM?
    Focus Fire. HATE it! Alternating from hitting hard to hitting weak, in a rhythm I have no control over, never at the start of a fight. Otherwise I think the spec is pretty cool, but that's more than enough to put me off it. Now dreading 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I also read in other thread about the PTR flag which I wasn't using. I can't import my BM spec as I'm at work and logged as survival. I manually input BM but it crashes simcraft. The stat values are much closer for BM so even if you stacked multistrike it shouldn't be a huge swing like survival. I guess I'll find out tonight when I run them from home again.

Like you, I don't have any set bonus yet. Ran my sims for SV vs Bm (673 ilvl, non mythic raider obviously). I didn't change any enchants/gems away from Multistrike, and BM was still 600 dps better on single target. Guess I am hopping on the BM train.

Deleted
    After running sims myself with my gear (684 ilvl and 4p) SV with lonewolf still comes out at the top singletarget with 40.5k (ToTH, Stampede, GT, LW).
    Can't get BM singletarget over SV, max was 40k with DB, Stampede, Barrage, Adaption.

I made sure ptr settings are used and set bonuses are active. Used simc version of 17 Feb. Didn't change the action lists.

Which talents and action list should be used to get this amazing BM sims?
    Last edited by mmoc2e566de5ba; 2015-02-20 at 07:34 PM.

Deleted
    so, i really want to get into bm, i just started playing my hunter and played SV until now and i really like it.

does anyone have weak auras for bm like clampys for sv and mm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    Focus Fire. HATE it! Alternating from hitting hard to hitting weak, in a rhythm I have no control over, never at the start of a fight. Otherwise I think the spec is pretty cool, but that's more than enough to put me off it. Now dreading 6.1.
    I agree about FF. I hate it and every time Blizz uses it to buff BM, I want to hurl bricks at myself.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I agree about FF. I hate it and every time Blizz uses it to buff BM, I want to hurl bricks at myself.
    Heh, FF is my main gripe with BM as well and Sniper Training my gripe with MM, and they buffed both of them. GG!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldare View Post
    Heh, FF is my main gripe with BM as well and Sniper Training my gripe with MM, and they buffed both of them. GG!
    At the very least, you have a LOT more control over ST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Broncord View Post
    Mostly the hype is with the 4piece being much stronger than people thought, 6.1 buff also helps.
    Call me an idiot for looking a gift-horse in the mouth, but am I really the only one detesting a spec only being viable due to a set bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Call me an idiot for looking a gift-horse in the mouth, but am I really the only one detesting a spec only being viable due to a set bonus?
    "only being viable" is incorrect, even without any set bonuses all speccs are close to each other in 6.1. It's just that BM has the stronger 4p and so it comes out on top.

Either MM/SV as I am now or BM/MM. Don't have four piece yet and don't expect to before Tuesday so not sure how good BM is going to be for me over SV, especially since I have a ridiculous amount of MS for my ilvl. SV is getting a slight buff anyways with the BA CD decrease so I suppose that should help me out some in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    "only being viable" is incorrect, even without any set bonuses all speccs are close to each other in 6.1. It's just that BM has the stronger 4p and so it comes out on top.
    Ah, right. BM is my favorite spec, I can live with playing SV, but MM is off the table. Most boring shit ever. Either way, I won't get the 4set anytime soon on my hunter, so.../shrug

Deleted
    I'm not someone who picks a spec based on the numbers only. I have been "forced" to switch for the sake of raiding a couple of times now, but this is the first expansion in which I'm flat-out refusing to play MM in the state it's currently in (extremely boring to play with the changes made to it, even though it was my favorite spec in earlier expansions). That means that for now I'll stick to SV or BM, but most likely SV (slightly more fun imo). The secondary stats on my gear are so random at the moment that I doubt it will matter much for me anway

The only thing really missing from MM right now is a feedback loop that's more noticeable than Focus return on Aimed crits. Put another way, it needs something like Lock and Load (no, not that exact mechanic) to mix things up and add some active flash.

Gear-wise, it'd be nice if they hadn't scrapped our original tier bonuses (missile strikes) for such passive ones, especially since BM and SV bonuses are so good.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    The only thing really missing from MM right now is a feedback loop that's more noticeable than Focus return on Aimed crits. Put another way, it needs something like Lock and Load (no, not that exact mechanic) to mix things up and add some active flash.
    Let me introduce you to WeakAuras which, among other things, can trigger a flashy graphical display every time you land an Aimed Shot crit. In case this was a serious wish for that.

Congratulations on entirely missing the point by fixating on one word.