10+ Year Old Account

Real Estate question

So, a family member of mine signed a one year house selling agreement with a real estate company in their town last March. They had a couple showings, looky-loos and the like, they did some updates, a couple more showings.

This all happened in the span of two months. They got an upgraded bathroom, and kitchen. None of the ads were changed to reflect that, the real estate company changed nothing about the listing at all. Pretty shitty of them, but whatever, the agreement is up in march, they can find a new one.

Its been over SIX MONTHS since anyone from the real estate company initiated contact with them. They have called several times asking about the ads/what they have been up to, and they get some lip service.

So now, over six months since the real estate office has called a single time, and one month before the agreement is up...they have had 10+ "Showings" in the last two weeks. In February, in Minnesota, not exactly the high time of year for buying/selling houses. Their have not been any major employment opprotunities/new jobs available, nothing of that sort. As a matter of fact, the local town is going through a bit of a dry spell for jobs.

When they told me about this, and how they are considering resigning with the same real estate company because of this influx of "showings", despite the last six months of literally no contact from them or showings, I told them they were acting crazy and this is clearly what they intend from this. I don't mean this in some crazy "Conspiracy theory" way, but doesent it seem a bit convenient that the month before the contract is up, the real estate office suddenly has showings out the wazoo?

TL;DR VERSION: If a real estate company you have a contract with does not contact you for six months, then in the last couple of weeks before the contract is over you suddenly have numerous showings, but NO interest whatsoever from the showings...do you trust that real estate company with another contract?

I say, not just no, but hell no. It all just seems like they were being straight lazy for 70% of the contract (Ignoring updates in the ads, not contacting at all) and it is just to convenient to have a spat of showings this late in the contract.

Do real estate companies do this, or is it just random dumb chance to have this many viewings (but again, no contacts AFTER the showing)
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never sign with that same company again. It seems as if they are metaphorically cramming for the final exam in order to get results. I'd start looking for a new real estate agent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I would never sign with that same company again. It seems as if they are metaphorically cramming for the final exam in order to get results. I'd start looking for a new real estate agent.
    Yeah, thats what I told them (And am trying to convince my parents to lean on them about it; I don't mean to meddle but it just all seems like they are a terrible company)
    You're a towel.

They couldn't sell your house in one years time. You have to even ask if you should sign another 1 year contract?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    They couldn't sell your house in one years time. You have to even ask if you should sign another 1 year contract?
    Not my house, but yeah, and not JUST the year time they didn't sell it, they wouldn't update the ads/listing, they never initiated contact to talk about it...I'm just like why settle for such a bogus company, or fall for this sudden spate of showings the weeks before the contract is over?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they really want to stay with the same company, I would recommend to go for 90 day contracts. I don't think they deserve another chance though.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I mentioned that I found the sudden spate of showings rather convenient (They never saw the people come in, and since there is snow here, not very many new footprints...) they said I was just being paranoid :P

Maybe so, but snow don't lie. If they claim their is a showing, but only a set of footprints going into the house and out and a card left on the table...who were they showing it to? Ghosts?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the agent just wants the house to sell itself. Pretty lazy agent. I wouldn't hesitate to rip the contract up in the agents face. They wasted the home owners time, I would have also been calling the agent non stop after about a month and a half of no showings at all. A lot of home owners think that everything should be on the agent to sell the house, sometimes you have to take a bit of initiative and be on the agents ass to keep up with things if you really want the house to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    Sounds like the agent just wants the house to sell itself. Pretty lazy agent. I wouldn't hesitate to rip the contract up in the agents face. They wasted the home owners time, I would have also been calling the agent non stop after about a month and a half of no showings at all. A lot of home owners think that everything should be on the agent to sell the house, sometimes you have to take a bit of initiative and be on the agents ass to keep up with things if you really want the house to sell.
    I really, really hope thats what they do

And they did call them; as in my op I mentioned that the "no contact" was only from the realtor end.
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    best bot necro reply ever
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I live in the suburbs east of St. Paul in Minnesota. What company did you use?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd go find a new company.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    If they failed the first year no reason to give them another chance. Imo they want to keep them hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    I live in the suburbs east of St. Paul in Minnesota. What company did you use?
    Perrella I am way up north of you though.

- - - Updated - - -

And since someone necroed the thread I thought I'd let you all know we sold the house and I am moved away
    You're a towel.