7+ Year Old Account

[Feral] Question about passives.

Hey guys, so I'm currently in the transition of maining my feral druid over my hunter (because it's boring and I enjoy melee), and I was just wondering, does Improved Rake (passive) work during Incarnation: King Of The Jungle? Since this makes your Shred/Rake work as though you're in stealth, I assume it would. I'm just making sure.

Also if anyone has any suggestions/links for advanced, or just detailed feral guides, that would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

check out my hunter weak auras, click here

Of course it does, which is one of the reason it is the best of talent of that tier, way over soul of the forest atm.

I had a guide I used in the past for some small answer but I lost the link cuz I didn't need it anymore :S

Icy-veins can off course give you some basics and you can develop from there.
    Last edited by Liandryl; 2015-02-20 at 07:06 AM.

Deleted
    It does work from incarnation.

As for guides, just check the stickies here on the Druid forums, don't bother with icy veins.

don't forget to take a look at noxxic for stat weights! But Pawkits has that guide set up here on the main druid forums as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyra192 View Post
    don't forget to take a look at noxxic for stat weights!
    Come on, man. '-'

You should check out pawkets' guide as well as his videos on youtube, they helped me quite a bit getting into feral.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyra192 View Post
    don't forget to take a look at noxxic for stat weights!
    plz dont do that

Deleted
    Why is there always someone suggesting noxxic?
    Just download simcraft and see for yourself. It's really not that hard.

- - - Updated - - -

taken from noxxic:
    Agility > Crit > Multistrike >= Haste >= Versatility > Mastery

Simulating my own char for single target and cleave, then averaging them:
    Agility > Crit > Multistrike = Mastery > Versatility = Haste

Crit will always be your best stat unless the fight consists of constant 10 target aoe. In single target situations, multistrike is stat #2. The more targets, the better mastery becomes. Haste is only good in theory if there are a lot of long lived targets which you can apply dots to (and would run out of energy without haste). In practice it's mostly bad, even worse with the 2 piece bonus.

Sorry for being off topic but I just wanted to prevent others who might read this to be drawn to noxxic.

Deleted
    Taken from Noxxic:
    Lunar Inspiration is a DPS-enhancing talent and is recommended because it yields the highest DPS of any talent in this tier. Remember that our recommendations will change based on the settings used to create this guide. Use the DPS Talent Calculator to see which talent tiers affect DPS and how each talent performs.
    Seriously who writes these guides?

Deleted
    Always refer to player guides or simcraft over sites like noxxic and icy veins.

The problem with those sites is that their guides tend to be very dumbed down and lack certain detail and intricacy. I know this having "worked" with one in the past. I made some guides for them and they pretty much cut out anything with even minor difficulty.

Typically the ones choosing the content on them are the ones who for example would use LI over bloodtalons because BT is too hard.

They also fall out of date really quickly and aren't specific to your character. Stat weights change, certain stats scale better than others exponentially, and they do not take this into account.
    Last edited by mmoc8431286a48; 2015-02-22 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakun View Post
    Taken from Noxxic:
    Lunar Inspiration is a DPS-enhancing talent and is recommended because it yields the highest DPS of any talent in this tier. Remember that our recommendations will change based on the settings used to create this guide. Use the DPS Talent Calculator to see which talent tiers affect DPS and how each talent performs.
    Seriously who writes these guides?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelt View Post
    Why is there always someone suggesting noxxic?
    Just download simcraft and see for yourself. It's really not that hard.

- - - Updated - - -

taken from noxxic:
    Agility > Crit > Multistrike >= Haste >= Versatility > Mastery

thx for the laugh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furyspark View Post
    Always refer to player guides or simcraft over sites like noxxic and icy veins.

The problem with those sites is that their guides tend to be very dumbed down and lack certain detail and intricacy. I know this having "worked" with one in the past. I made some guides for them and they pretty much cut out anything with even minor difficulty.

Typically the ones choosing the content on them are the ones who for example would use LI over bloodtalons because BT is too hard.

They also fall out of date really quickly and aren't specific to your character. Stat weights change, certain stats scale better than others exponentially, and they do not take this into account.
    I've noticed that Icy Veins and Noxxic is targeted towards the path of least resistance, the unwashed masses of players who can't snapshot bloodtalons with tiger's fury and kotj and then keep it up.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Both noxxic and Icy-veins are pretty terrible. If you really want to research on feral, go to a dedictaed website or forum for ferals. Aggixx (Pawkets) has a great guide linked here that is virtually identical to his guide on fluiddruid. To find further, more in-depth discussion of feral go to fluiddruid.net and you can browse the various guides and "kitty dps" forums which will give you an understanding of the class that neither icy-veins or noxxic will

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't lump Icy Veins in with Noxxic lol. Sure, Icy Veins isn't going to give you near the same information that you will receive at the FD forums, but it is adept at its purpose, to give a basic guide that will give enough information for one to be adequate and perform well enough to get started. Those guides are also reviewed by some of the best players at their particular class. For example, Stenhaldi, Feral for Midwinter approved of Icy Veins guide for ferals and he is as good a feral as they come, and has been lauded by many as being arguably one of the best DPS in the world overall. If you're expecting to be a master, Icy Veins nor any other guide will get you there, it will be years of hard work that will get you there.